Bad
Good

I agree with the first review....I have no idea why Old Brooklyn would get a 5 out of 10. I would definitely give it a 10 out of 10. I have a special needs child that attends the school and it has been nothing less then a great experience. They are very dedicated to the students and the parents. The elementary prinicpal is the best they come! She is so dedicated to the school, the kids and the parents. We are very happy with the school.

This is a great school and all the teachers my daughter has had so far have been wonderful! I dont know why this school is a 5 out of 10 because I would rate it 10 out of 10. My daughter has learned so much. She is a bright student and has been given classwork and homework to match her skill level to keep her challenged. All the students that my child attends with are great kids. I haven't had any issue with bullies. The only thing I dont like is dismissal. The staff has really dedicated lots of time and effort in improving this but they are limited because there is no buses and there are busy streets surrounding the school and a small parking lot. Worth it to have a good school though.

My son attends K at OBCES. The teachers are very dedicated to their students and have phenomenal communication with the parents! I recommend this school to my friends in the neighborhood with children approaching Kindergarten!

Living in the city of Cleveland, I honestly do not know what I would do without OBCS. I have three children who attend. The staff is totally dedicated to our children.

My son is in third grade at obcs and i love this school im proud to have my son attend this school

My son goes to OBCS and I love it. The staff is great and always present. They actually care about the kids that attend there school.

Both of my daughters have attended Old Brooklyn Community School since kindergarten. My elder daughter started with the school in the old St. Luke's Church facility. The school has weathered all sorts of changes: it has relocated twice,and it changed its curriculum from Montessori to character education. The curriculum change although necessary was hugely unpopular. I personally still miss the Montessori method. But, I don't see any other Cleveland public schools educating their children so well, so happily and so safely as the staff at Old Brooklyn. I think the principal is truly dedicated to giving each child a valuable educational experience and she has a knack for finding absolutely terriffic teachers. The staff here is great, the parent volunteers are highly motivated and involved, and the students continue to thrive.

My child whole goals and out look has changed f0r the better...she can't wait to attend school each day thank you

My son started 1st grade at OBCS last year. This year he will be joined by his brother who is entering Kindergarten. The school has done wonders with my eldest son who was failing behind academic standards but excelling beyond his class at a Cleveland Public school. The staff is marvelous they are friendly professional and caring. It's a safe and nurturing environment for children. The only area lacking is extra curricular activities. Overall a great school.

My children have been at this school for 7 years. It has undergone many changes, yet through it all, they have been able to maintain the best and most committed teachers, who take an interest in each child. They gave extra help to my son when he was falling behind, and now he tests above average in most of his classes. They also gave more challenging class work to my other child who is advanced and works at a grade level 3 levels above her age. I feel the school is safe, nurturing, and committed to a quality education and more. I don't agree with everything, but that is the way it is at every school. I reccomend this school.

Last modified Constellation Schools: Old Brooklyn Community Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.