Cleveland, OH

St Mary Byzantine School 1

Posted August 07, 2014
Are they with common core? common core is with the approval of planned parenthood. Look what the governor of lousiana says about common core.

Posted February 05, 2013
I graduated St. Mary's Byzantine back in 2001 after attending K-8 there and I have to say, even though this school is tiny and the funding isn't so great (as compared to bigger parochial schools), they certainly make do with what they have. The teachers there, for the most part, are lifers with a huge dedication to their students. The small class sizes are great because teachers really get to know their students and take a vested interest in the success of their students. I will say at the time the school had a "one-size-fits-all" teaching style. I struggled terribly in math due to a learning disability and it wasn't until high school until I really understood math. But despite that, I continued on to a parochial high school and then to a prestigious private college. I am now in graduate school and I fully owe it to the dedicated teachers at SMB. If you want to send your kid to a school where the teachers actually care about the success of your child, send them to SMB.

Posted January 01, 2013
St. Mary's Byzantine is an amazing school. It is a small community and led by a dedicated, devout Catholic (Principle Basala) who really cares for the future and spirituality of each child that attends the school. The school offers great programs for as small as it is and as little of budget that it runs on. The people who work there are truly dedicated since they work there for the love of helping children, not huge salaries. I was sorry to see the previous rating, because it really misrepresented the school, because of a family who is choosing to slander the school out of a misguided over piousness. St. Mary's is a wonderful place to educate your child in the faith and it offers a small school environment with a variety of educational opportunities. Don't miss out on this gem of a school for your kids.

Posted January 04, 2010

St Mary Byzantine School 2

Posted October 06, 2009

St Mary Byzantine School 0

Posted September 07, 2009
This is the same school I attended while growing up, and now my daughter attends St. Mary's. This school is outstanding, the teachers are dedicated to the students learning process, and the children are well behaved and respectful to other students and staff. I love this school!

Posted November 11, 2008
As an alum and a parent of three current students (another one to enter in 2 years) I truly appreciate the sense of community the school offers. I agree that some of the facilities need help, but that is what the fundraising is for. We are one of the few schools in the Cleveland area that has been operating financially in the black for the past four years - that means your tuition remains stable. They now offer an advanced math curriculum to help with high school transition and I beleive they have one of the best science programs in the county. I purposely sent my children to this school to receive a Byzantine Catholic education and to have a sense of community and spirituality while receiving an excellent education. I feel the students are some of the most respectful, pleasant children that you would want your children to socialize with.

Posted February 19, 2008
Outstanding staff, caring and compassionate atmosphere, well behaved student body, great parent teacher interaction, but has some sub standard facilities. Overall a great start for preparing your child for a local competitive private high school.

St Mary Byzantine School 3

Posted April 10, 2007
- a former student
I graduated from st mary byzantine last summer. I think this is an average school,although the students and teachers are very close-knit. very good history program! It did not prepare me for high school level math, just an FYI. I would say my favorite teacher ther was mrs. tirpak. Not a very well- rounded spports program. st marys has the following sports available; basketball, baseball, volleyball. they host 2 concerts annually a spring showcase and a winter showcase, including the choir, band, and younger students. Little to no ethnic diversity... Beware- this is a very small school=hard to adjust to high school

Posted August 26, 2006
- a former student

St Mary Byzantine School
4600 State Road, Cleveland, OH  44109
Last modified St Mary Byzantine School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Mary Byzantine School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top