K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted September 19, 2011
If you have a child who has special needs save yourself and find a better school. Our little girl has learning disabilities and this school as stated on their website " we accomodate kids with disabilities" but unfortunately that is not true. I have no complaints with the school teachers they are great and wonderful but the principal is not and once the principal sees your child not doing so great she will call into a meeting and ask you to take your child elsewhere. They make you spend money in materials and other things, then after a month or so dismiss your child. They don't even allow parent involvement or classrooms visits. So please if you have a child with special needs take them where they will be great taken care of.

Posted February 22, 2011
I am so disappointed with this school. When the previous principal was there it was very well run. Now the school is completly down hill. The teachers are making up rules and regulations outside of the Board of Education and even withholding food from the children as form of punishment. I rated this school a 5 before but no longer would. I would definately not send my children here.

Posted August 21, 2008
My son has been here for 4 years and does great, all A's, as for cramming Religion in to everything it is a catholic school, need I say more. the first four years his teachers have been wonderful,, doing things to keep the kids intrested in learning. and that is what it's about

Posted February 20, 2008
I went to this school and had a miserable time there. The children were mean...the teachers were so-so. The curriculum was confusing and I don't like how they add in religion to almost every subject they do, it isn't very fair to the non-Catholic children.

St. Ignatius of Antioch Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2007
Yes, I do believe the teachers are doing their best (maybe a bit more patience is needed), I also believe discipline needs to start at home, it is not solely a teachers responsibility. I also feel that cramming our kids with homework because you want to prove that we are up to par with other schools is wrong.

Posted March 28, 2007
The quality of the academics are wonderful! They realy care about our kids. They can be a bit strict at times but I know that they do care. The teachers are caring and helpful!

St. Ignatius of Antioch Elementary School 3

Posted March 25, 2007
I have two children in this school. This school is always having candy sales, market day, and magazine sales, for student go on field trips, so far my son went to one and we ended up paying for the trip. The only thing they care is about money.

Posted March 04, 2007
I have 2 children that attend St. Ignatius. Iam so greatful to have had such wonderful experiences so far. i would like to take this time to thank the amazing teachers i have had the pleasure of working with. i understand that Ms. Needham came to this school and cleaned house. she is what the school needed at the time. she has moved on and wishing her well is what we should do. i am not too surprised with the people that have issues as well as surprised for the lack of understanding and the lack of acceptance. issues or no issues we as a community of parents, teachers and children need to work together to strive for the best and resolve the issues and problems that may arise. I look to the future of St. Ignatius with hope and faith. I am a proud parent and parishoiner!!

Posted March 02, 2007
The teaching staff are dedicated individuals and the new principal brings a calming atmospere.My children that are attending St.Ignatius are well discipline and are learning. Every time I am at the school going by the classrooms the teacher is in control not the students. The principal is available to talk by making an appointment. This principal has been supportive to my children and family . It is hard to change things your first year at any school or any job.

St. Ignatius of Antioch Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2007
What a challenge it is for anyone to come into a new building. This is the time to observe and become familiar with staff, students and their families. To assess what is working and what needs improving. Things don't change overnight, they evolve. From what I have witnessed, Ms. Ricksecker is doing that. She has taken a great effort to know the students and truly cares about them. A breakfast program has been implemented under her direction. She has personally taken Grades 5 through 8 on skiing field trips, getting to know the students outside the school setting. During this Lenten season let us be more mindful of our Catholic/Christian background and step forward to be helpful instead of hurtful.

St. Ignatius of Antioch Elementary School
10205 Lorain Avenue, Cleveland, OH  44111
Last modified St. Ignatius of Antioch Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8