PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted October 15, 2013
I believe that the school has very good values. I believe that they also have the best of intentions, but when it comes to school work and curriculum I feel like they are behind. They are also very strict on specifically believing and the Catholic religion which is understandable because it is a Catholic school but when I attended school there if you were not Catholic I feel like you were treated differently. At times the staff can be judgmental. I feel like many questions I had about religion were left on answered because the only religion that is right in the school of the Catholic religion. Father Richard is really nice and down-to-earth. If you want a school where your student is stimulated spiritually and educationally I don't believe that this is the school for you. If you are strictly Catholic and that's all you care about then it's probably good fit.

Our Lady Of Mount Carmel 1

Posted June 14, 2012
I would not recommend this school to anyone. It's very clickish amongst the students and parents as well. They try to be the hardest academically and when the children can't keep up they will want you to have your child tested for disabilities i.e., ADHD/ADD or Multi Factored Evaluation etc. My children as well as many others I know have experienced this same treatment. But yet all these children are doing wonderfully elsewhere. The statistics for OLMC on Greatschool.org are completely inaccurate. Enrollment is way down now. The ethnicity graph is totally wrong and there are definate discrepancies in the student/teacher ratio. I also suspect the 4 star ratings on this web page are plants by the school its self. Ask around about this school before sending your child here.... they are developing quite a reputation amongst the catholc community. Submitted by a parent Write your own review

Posted July 07, 2011
This is an excellent school. The academics are above par. The children are very well behaved and have respect for authority. Most of the children that graduate 8th grade are accepted to the top private high schools in the area. Both of my children have attended since Pre-K and I am very happy with the school.

Posted January 30, 2011
This school isn't for everyone. It has a few great teachers. They have a strict uniform policy which can be difficult to accomodate. Year-round school is great if you are a non-working parent. Their curriculum is far more than it need be which puts alot of unnecessary stress on the children. As long as you remain in harmony with the administration and their decisions you will have no problems.

Posted May 11, 2010
It's alright. The tuition is about 4,000k. The education is alright, food is alright, the sports aren't good, etc etc.

Posted June 12, 2009
The leadership is excellent and they offer a lot for a small school.

Posted April 25, 2008
I think this is the best school a child from ages 3+ should go! The have fun teachers and extra cirricular actvities. This is a great school to go to :)

Our Lady Of Mount Carmel
1355 West 70th Street, Cleveland, OH  44102
Last modified Our Lady Of Mount Carmel is a Private school that serves grades PK-8