Posted February 16, 2014
An outstanding education that has been provided for nearly 100 years in the City of Cleveland. In my opinion, unprecedented value for a private school education; delivering a well balanced curriculum that truly focuses on the Benedictine mission, prayer and hard work, Ora et Labora. Students are challenged academically, and encouraged to participate in extracurriculars, sport, student government, music, drama, and others. A small school setting with personalized attention, and many socio-economic levels represented. The school values all types of students; you are not just a number at this school. Teachers will want to help you succeed, but fully expect a demanding curriculum. You have to work hard, but the opportunities are limitless if you do! Please take an afternoon to visit the school; walk the halls, meet the students, get a better understanding of why over 6000 active alumni are so proud to call ourselves 'Men of Benedictine' . BHS is a strong example of Catholic education; it is challenging academically and ensures spirituality remains central. It will be an excellent experience in preparing your son both for college and 'real life'. I welcome you to join us.

Posted December 08, 2013
Benedictine is an excellent school! My son has thrived academically & socially since his enrollment there. The teachers are very involved and go above and beyond to assist the young men in maintaining good academic progress. The school prides itself on turning boys into Men of Benedictine and the evidence of that is everywhere. The students are courteous and staff is helpful. I'm proud to be parent there: parental involvement is exceptionally high and I felt welcomed from the start! So much so that I've joined the Booster club as well as undertaking a leadership role with the Basketball Boosters.

Benedictine High School 3

Posted November 13, 2013
Academics-The curriculum is strong but many of the teachers need to update the teacher style. The teachers are caring and are willing to work with the students who need help. Athletics-Horrible. This program needs to be revamped! There is no development of athletes and the coaching staff lacks the skills to build championship teams. I find this very sad for a school that is known as the Home of Champions.

Posted September 09, 2013
I had a great 4 years at Benedictine and was well prepared to tackle the college curriculum at Case Western Reserve in Cleveland. The teachers get very involved in each students education, and since it is a smaller school the classroom environment is more intimate and tailored towards each students style of learning. I was a quieter kid in the classroom but my fellow students and my teachers made it easy to participate and get involved, so much so there are many teachers (and classmates) I still keep in touch with to this day. My 4 years at BHS were transformational and in the best way possible.

Posted July 08, 2013
I am an upperclassman at Benedictine. I have loved my first two years at Benedictine. The teachers and coaches are great (especially the new football coaches). The teachers are more than willing to help you with anything. Fr. Michael is a very good academic dean. This past year, I was having trouble in two of my classes in the first semester. I talked to Fr. Michael about it, and he was very helpful. He helped choose a new class for me to take in the second semester in replace of the one class. For the other class I was having trouble in, he talked to me about it. Both of us then realized that I was not challenging myself enough to do well in the class. We decided to keep that course for the second semester, and I did much better. Another great thing about the school, is the family atmosphere there. Everyone is very nice, and bullying is not accepted. Benedictine is truly a great school.

Posted January 24, 2013
As a student at Benedictine, I am very pleased with everything going on at the Home of Champions. However, I could not help but notice the review posted before me. I would like to respond to a few of the claims made. First off, I am extremely sorry if you had a bad experience with Benedictine. No school is perfect. But, some of the things you say lead me to believe either 1. your post is badly outdated, or 2. you are "trolling." Your first claim is many "caring" teachers have left. Since I started at Benedictine and when my brothers went there, there have been less than 12 faculty moves. But still, that is not the point. The teachers are all dedicated, and can speak with a parent whenever; likewise, help a student in need. Your next claim is that the principle is not caring as well. Not true. I know he would respond to you and work with you the best he can. Next, the pc tablet program is not a "second rate." Yes , there are glitches, but that is because the program is not even 5 years old yet! Finally, you claim the academic dean was impossible to work with. This one is definitely a fabrication. He is a dedicated Benedictine monk and would work with you.

Benedictine High School 2

Posted January 21, 2013
After having one child go through the school, I sent my youngest. Big mistake. Many of the good, caring teachers have left. The principal has gone from being very involved to not even bothering to return calls. My son, who was in gifted classes through elementary, was struggling at this school. It's not that the curriculum is difficult, it's that their second rate pc program has glitches and is run by a teacher who is lazy and has little idea how to run an IT system. A few of the coaches are great; football and basketball namely. I have heard bad things about the others. The academic dean was impossible to work with. Very disappointing experience. My oldest had a relatively good experience but in retrospect, I believe he would have been better off somewhere else.

Posted January 12, 2013
Wow! This school definitely impressed me. It is always an experience sending your first child to high school. There is a lot of uncertainty, and it isn't always an easy choice. Yes, there are many other Catholic high schools in Northeast Ohio (Walsh Jesuit, Padua, Holy Name, NDCL, Ignatius - to name a few), and they are all good schools. However, Benedictine was definitely an eye catcher. The campus of Benedictine is beautiful. The area around the school has seen better times, but the school brightens up the area. Benedictine's campus includes the school, St. Andrew Abbey, and the new football field they just installed. The school academics also impressed us. The teachers are extremely dedicated and help students whenever they need it. The school is small enough where the teachers can be more 1 on 1 with you. Recently, the school has had some major changes, but for the better. They started a tablet program a few years ago where every student carries around a tablet to take notes on. It is really a powerful educational tool that students and teachers find effective. The other chage is the priory system. It is kind of complicated to explain, but will benefit the school. We love it!

Posted January 12, 2013
This is a fine school. The teachers are extremely helpful, and the administration is very personal. The school is heading in the right direction. This year's freshman class is the largest they have had in years. The football field is almost complete, and the priory system will be be going into effect this semester. Things are looking up at the Home of Champions

Posted April 07, 2010
Benedictine is an amazing school. What makes this school so special are the incredibly dedicated teachers and Administration. Many of the staff are graduates including the President and Principal who bleed blue and white. The Academic Dean wants every young man in the school to succeed and is continually monitoring students who need extra help. The door is always open with the Administration and each one of those men can be seen in the community and at all of the activities that Benedictine is involved. Most importantly, the school is located on the grounds of the St. Andrew Abbey and therefore the monks are in and around the school at all times. Not including the fact that there are more religious personnel on staff at Benedictine than other Catholic High School in Northeast Ohio. Please send your son to Benedictine and have them become a Man of Benedictine.

Benedictine High School
2900 Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Cleveland, OH  44104
(216) 421-2080
Last modified Benedictine High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Benedictine High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.