Bad
Good

Almira 5

Posted September 02, 2015
My children were moved from the far east suburbs of willoughby to Cleveland in the middle of the year. I was extremely worried being they were use to a top school in NE Ohio and almira had bad ratings. This school Is amazing. It's beautiful and up to date and has a great system for so many children. The way they handle classes dismissals and meals is organized and we'll think thought out. I have yet to meet a teacher that is unfriendly or has a frustrating I hate my job attitude. The staff is wonderful and my child learned more in a week than she did all year at old school. This is highly recommend. Great job Almira I am very impressed. Even my mother who is a teacher in a private school had nothing but praises. This school Is a gem in Cleveland rough school district and I can see why they have a waiting list

Almira 3

Posted May 06, 2015
My kids went here for 5yrs it was a great school the thing they needed to work on the most was the bullies and some of the staff some of the staff should have never been hired as teachers really but other then that once they clear that up would be wonderful school my kids were very well known n liked at that school and miss a lot of their really great and friends from there

Almira 3

Posted December 03, 2013
I Attended Almria 2 Years Ago . And Honest It Is Unstable ButMy Years There Were Great . Almria Does Have Their Goods And Bads . The Goods , The Teachers Are Great . They Make Sure YouUnderstand The Lesson Before Moving On . They Have Great Activtes For The Students AsWell . The Bads , Students In That School Do Bully , the Setting The School Is . But that only because the school that they were in is small . And everything is crapped . All the school i been through in my life Almria Is My Favorite . And Till This Day I Go And Visit My Teachers <3 Give Almria A Chance .

Posted July 15, 2007
My Grandaughter attends Almira school, when I visit for activities, I find the students out of control, and the overall appearance of the facility, and grounds appauling. The conditions are not suitable for children to learn properly, and to instill an overall respect for themselves or their community. Someone needs to step in and improve this environment for these students, they are our future!

Posted April 02, 2006
I am very displeased with this school it started off to be a very pleasent experience when my child was younger but now they have added higher grades which makes it very hard for teacher involvement, there are only 2 after school activities which I am aware of, but a few of the teachers there are exceptional, the safety of the school is another issue a lot of fighting with minimal intervention and the condition of the school is deplorable they have no doors on the bathrooms for the children, no soap in the stalls and certain areas of the building looks as if it is falling apart.

Posted October 07, 2004
I would like to say that I am very dissatisfied with this school. To start the classrooms are overcrowded, one teacher to 36 children. That alone is affecting my childs education due to the number of unruly children in the class. The school is never secure the doors are always unlocked,you can walk in the school at anytime and not be stopped to ask where you are going. There are not enough staff to keep the children under control the lunch room is so loud it has to be disturbing the classrooms. The parking lot is unorganized a child will eventually get hurt with the way they have the cars pulling in there. If I had another choice in where I could put my children I would do it immediatly!!!!

Almira
3575 West 130th St, Cleveland, OH  44111
Last modified Almira is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.