Bad
Good

Not impressed. Classes are over-crowded, so the teachers don't have time to help all the students. Worst of all, one of the teachers was having a problem with one of my children, and instead of contacting me, they were sending the message with my other child. Of course, I was never getting the messages, and it wasn't until my child told me that his teacher was getting other teachers to yell at him everyday, that I found out he was being difficult in school. Even after all that, the teachers tried to justify sending verbal messages home with my other child.

i think the security at this school is awful. my niece went there for kindergarten and first grade and they allowed her to leave with another student only one year older when it was made clear to her teacher that she would be picked up by family everyday. i got there to pick her up and no one knew where she was, i had to drive around looking for her. she was only 6.her first grade teacher complained that she was getting in trouble at school because she already knew everything they were learning so she was bored but did nothing to keep her attention. it was suggested that she be able to read books when done with her work while waiting for others but the teacher would not allow it. very disappointed with their effort.

My son has attended Artemus Ward since kindergarten and I really like the staff. The teachers are easy to approach and are able to answer your questions. The office staff is very knowlegable about the day to day activities. even the principal is very involved with the students. They really care about the students. I especially like the parent liason..very much needed. One of best in Cleveland inner city.

My children have been at ARtemus Ward since kindergarten and I have been involved with the school for that same time. I think it is a wonderful schooland it has a very warm and welcoming staff. I would recommend this school to anyone who asks

My daughter ha been at this school half a year and I think its very pathetic. I went to two parent teacher confrences and was not amused you could not hear anything the principal was saying saying because most of the parents seemed to be more into their own conversations but what you could here consisted of the school being below average and acedemicly behind. Even her teacher said its hard to teach the kids a little ahead because you have to keep up with the slowest ones, whats wrong with this picture, lets just say if I could afford private school, my kid would be there.

So far I think the staff at this school is wonderful. The involvment of the parents is terrefic and I intend on being part of that.

Last modified Artemus Ward is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.