Benjamin Franklin 2

Posted May 28, 2014
My child started mid year of the 2012-2013 school year. At first we were happy with that teacher. She was friendly and accepting of our educational concerns. I was not too happy about the activity and awards schedules. However with budget cuts, it was understandable. The 2013-2014 school year was a battle. My child had some concerning comments and marks on her report card. Getting answers to my questions was like pulling teeth. Why wouldnt a teacher be concerned about an A student receiving C's? My child deserves more cooperation and attention then the cmsd can afford to give.

Benjamin Franklin 1

Posted May 27, 2014
This school is a piece of trash the teachers are ridicoulous and annoying!!! :) The principal got mad after a teacher called the ambulance because she was told to do so. I honestly think that the principle may not even know how to do her job. I highly recommend you NOT to send your child here.

Benjamin Franklin 5

Posted October 28, 2013
I went to Benjamin Franklin Middle School in Cleveland about 5 years ago. Thiis school has really helped me find where I belong in todays society, as well as my future career. The teachers and staff do a great job at knowing what the students need in their educational life style. Going to this school was the best choice my family made for me. Now I am a senior in high school, wish I could be in the shoes of a middleschooler because of how much I miss that school! Kimberly Santiago

Benjamin Franklin 4

Posted September 24, 2013
Benjamin Franklin School Cleveland Metropolitan School District School Principal is outstanding. She ensures a safe, welcoming learning environment and encourages community organizations to visit the school bringing educational and health related resources to the classrooms. There are some outstanding teachers, too, who recognize the value of hands-on science and the value of learning experiences outside of the school (e.g. Science Museums, Art Museums, etc.). Like any teaching and learning environment, Benjamin Franklin will improve with parents being more involved, supporting teachers important work as well as their own child's work. Regular teacher professional development related to content in various academic disciplines will help in the classroom with support in integrating new concepts and techniques learned. Access to 21st century technology is critical for both teachers and students to help all keep pace with others outside of the district. This is a solid academic environment and will continue to improve as long as parents, the community, teachers, administrators, and the students themselves work together to continue to achieve and take pride in their achievements.

Benjamin Franklin 2

Posted June 06, 2012
My children finished their first year there and I was disappointed with it. I am highly involved in my children's education, attended meetings, conferences, and field trips, etc, and I was saddened about how some teachers can be....one teacher would be annoyed when I scheduled a conference due to low marks on a report card, I mean aren't parents supposed to be concerned about their children's education? Another would knit pick my daughter for every little thing, when I spoke with that teacher, she was upset at me for asking her what is going on? I mean come on! The school is over crowded, had to yell at a few "older" kids practically knocking over Kindergarteners on their way to class....the parking lot is an accident waiting to happen, parent's in a hurry zipping through the lot, while students are trying to cross the lot into school without being road kill...security there is very lax, having children do the security officers job is unexceptable!...too many fights and bullying, poor communication with parents....while the curriculum is good, it is not only what makes a good school.Think before you put your child here.

Benjamin Franklin 3

Posted November 22, 2010
Six of my children have attended Benji for the last ten years.Over all it is fairly good, for a public school. I feel that my children are safe in the classrooms,but not in the parking lot as it is set up now. Neither child nor parent should have to walk out into the lot. The buses should pick up and let off at the northern side, but there should be a system for the walkers and those picked up by car. As it is now, it is chaotic and dangerous for both children and parents. In reviewing the sex ed course, I found it to be too much info for the younger grades and inaccurate for the older.The Traditional mother/father/child family is not treated as the norm.

Posted October 08, 2009
Teachers & Principal are great - very caring and sincerely concerned about the education and well-being of all its kids. Because it is an inner city school it does not have a lot of the funding to do 'extra' things for the kids, e.g. field trips, etc. It would be great if a strong inner city school could be recognized for being good - especially given how many are not.

Posted October 08, 2009
I love my sons school. The teachers are awesome and the principal is fantastic. Go Benji...

Posted October 01, 2009
The teachers are awesome !!

Benjamin Franklin 5

Posted September 16, 2009
Benjamin Franklin is the BEST school in America because of it's hard-working, dedicated staff, wonderfully supportive parents, and students who work hard to achieve their best!

Contact Information

1905 Spring Rd
Cleveland, OH 44109

School website

Benjamin Franklin
1905 Spring Rd, Cleveland, OH  44109
Last modified Benjamin Franklin is a public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin Franklin Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews.