Cleveland, OH
Students enrolled: 1,370

Posted September 20, 2009
Glenville is a great school, and I learned a lot while attending that school. If you go to school to learn I promise the teachers at glenville will teach you and prepare you for college. I love glenville and learnt a lot when I went there and now I go to Kent State, and I have 3.0

Glenville High School 5

Posted August 30, 2009
i think glenville is a good school its not about the teachers and how they teach its about the students applying themselves to education

Glenville High School 2

Posted June 15, 2009
i don't think its a good school there's not a high graduation rate come on practice with the kids

Posted May 05, 2009
i attend glenville now i love this school you cant judge us unless you are here everyday living our lives just because you hear things dosent make them true students learn what they want to learn if your child dosent go to class and is always suspended then thats the parents problem maybe they should instill in them the things that they need to suceed and have good behavior before they send them out into the real worl. if your in high school no one should have to hold your hand. you know whats wrong and whats right. its not the schools fault i maintain a 3.5 and do really well. i get along with all my teachers.i plan on attending college in the fall and have rceived numourous scholarships and grants it is possibe. they always focus on the bad bt nt the good.

Posted March 29, 2008
I too graduated from Glenville and unfortunately I don't feel that the school prepared me for college. Though I was in Honors, I did not transition into college the way that I should have. Maybe if I had focused more on athletics, I'd have more positive words.

Posted March 17, 2007
I go to Glenville now I'm in the 10th grade and I love it. I have all honors classes. Even though the school isn't what it use to be it is still a great school. We have lots of fun and at the same time we get all of our work done. At times the kids can get out of hand but we are still good kids. Glenville tries to open us up to as many opportunities they can by us being an urban school. I also think that for there to be dresscode next year is crazy. To be honest no one gets their clothes talked about. And every kid can't afford regular clothes and uniform. But all in all Glenville is the best school for me I couldn't imagine going to another school.

Glenville High School 2

Posted February 28, 2007
I am a recent glenville alumni, and I would have to say that glenville has in no way or form prepared me for college. There were a few exceptional teachers who were passionate about helping students but they were so inefficiently equipped that most lost this passion after the first semester of school. To add injury to insult, the curriculum throughout Glenville was focused on sports and not academics. The facility is horrible and dimly lit as well as cluttered with trash throughout every corridor.

Glenville High School 5

Posted June 21, 2006
I attended Glenville from 1996-2000 and it remains one of the best experiences of my life. I attended Xavier University and Southern University for college. I am pleased to say that Glenville more than prepared me for my college. To this day I have never seen a school faculty that cares as much for their students as Glenville. I to one day send my kids there!

Glenville High School 3

Posted March 06, 2006
The teachers at Glenville really push you to try your hardest and strive to do your very best, but you really need to stay focused and dont allow and one to bring you down. Although this school is not the best it does really matter what school you go to. They have honors classes for those who really want to learn and have the poteinal to get ahead in life. You have to go to school and class on time every if you want to succed in these classes you need to do all of your work and study, and it will pay off in a high school dipolma.

Posted December 28, 2005
Glenville is a great school, and has great athletics. The football team is great, and so are other sports. There are some teachers who don't care what a student does, but you get from Glenville waht you want from it.

650 East 113th St, Cleveland, OH  44108
Last modified Glenville High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glenville High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top