Bad
Good

My children loved attending this school. All the teachers were so friendly and attentive. The principal is very attentive also and is always there to answer questions.

I believe someone is posting false positive reviews to boost the rating. Come on, four reviews with five stars all written on September 9th. I am giving it two stars from my child's experience there.

This is the best Cleveland Elementary/Middle school in Cleveland. If you are moving to Cleveland, you definitely want to move to West Park so your child(ren) can attend this school. All 3 of my boys went to school here from K-8th Grade. They have so many programs for your children to involve and enrich themselves in. Art Club, Music, Band, Drama Club, Dancing, Sports, Reading Club (My boys were highest readers in the school and met & had dinner with the Harlem Glob trotters, Cleveland Browns & Cleveland Indians as rewards). The School is ALWAYS neat and clean, Teachers are very friendly and supportive if your child has special needs too.

Newton D. Baker School of the Arts is a phenomenal school. It is located in the heart of West Park. West Park alone, is the best city to live in, in Cleveland. The staff, volunteers and programs are a tremendous value to this school for students. My daughter attended NDB from K-8th. She still talks about how much she loved that school and misses it every day. You will not be disappointed. Your child will grow and learn so much.

My parents first stuck me in that constellation school behind NDB when we moved to Westpark. I hated Westpark community school. The principal Ms. Balldizzi was mean, the lady never smiled. I was being bullied and when I went to her to tell her what happened, she told me to toughen up. It went on for months until my mom and dad pulled me out and put me in Newton D Baker. Everyone was super friendly, no one picked on me, I was well liked and the teachers have a zero tolerance for bullying. Mrs. Sheppard the principal at NDB is very very nice. She gives great hugs and is always encouraging us to have a great day and keep up the good work. GO WILDCATS!!!!

Just moved here in July to Westpark. Both of my daughters love NDB. Teachers were very helpful with the transition for them and welcoming them into the new area. One of my daughters has Asperger's and the school has all the fundamentals to help her stay focused and achieve a successful future highschool adult life.

I went to this school 1st - 5th grade. Im am 26 now and have always said if I ever have kids this is the elementary school they will attend. This school was so fun and they challened me, if I was told to draw a sphere they wanted a sphere and a circle was nowtgonna do lol and I loved the challenge. AMAZING SCHOOL

My 3 year old daughter attending Preschool there in May 2013 fell off the playground there, broke her arm and received ABSOLUTELY NO MEDICAL ATTENTION WHATSO EVER. It wasn.t even reported until the next day when the teacher seen my daughter was absent. Their Preschopl program haas a teacher and a teacher aid so there were 2 staff members at the site of the accident. They claim my 3 year old showed no signs of destress which I thought okay maybe until she reinjured ths summer and I knew just by her cry it was her arm. My daughter got sent home on a bus saying Dear Mom your daughter fell off the playground this morning. She cried for awhile so she sat next to me thanks. I understand accidents happen but once I reported it I still haven't received ANY PHONE CALLS FROM THE SCHOOL, BOARD OR TEACHERS!Wow!

Newton D. Baker School of the Arts is a thriving, learning environment that accepts all cultures, backgrounds, and diversities. Their teachers exemplify a caring atmosphere determined to change these young children's lives. Newton D. Baker School of the Arts and their surrounding West Park community engage students young and old to follow their passion. The staff is inspiring and engaging which reflects why they were awarded the Blue Ribbon of Excellence. It is my hope that the city, state, and nation grant schools like this more of an opportunity to expand their arts department as it is a valuable and core curriculum for these students. While being in the middle of a failing school district, Newton D. Baker has continued to strive for excellence in the face of defeat. I recommend this school to all parents and guardians looking for the opportunity to give their child not only a chance in Cleveland but an education that is always evolving, improving, and inspiring. Keep up the great work.

I am also a former stundent of NDB . I have to admit i did have its downfalls but what school does'nt. But dont get me wrong I LOVE THAT SCHOOL . I will always carry the lessons that i have learned at NDB and cherish them . If you are thinking of take yopur child here i say YES ! . You find that everyone is friendly and ready to learn . My mother loved that school so much that she would take me from 147st in kinsman on the east side to 159th in westpark . There are i great mix of races . And when they say no child is left behind they truely mean it . GO WILDCATS !

Last modified Newton D Baker School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.