Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (2 responses)

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted May 24, 2016
After a year of my child attending O H Perry his reading and math scores has declined . Also his teacher did a poor job communicating and very unorganized. Even after setting up a academic plan, the 4th grade teacher choose not to follow it. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone.

Oliver H Perry Elementary School 1

Posted May 24, 2016

Oliver H Perry Elementary School 4

Posted January 21, 2016
O.H. Perry has a strong staff that knows how to deliver quality instruction. With a new school building coming down the pipeline and an increasing enrollment, the school is showing a great deal of promise in becoming one of the premier community schools in the area.

Oliver H Perry Elementary School 5

Posted February 05, 2015
One of the best in Cleveland check the history of this school and their academic excellence compared to other area schools both public and charter. We offer boys and girls Basketball, we run this city track, and drum corp. Currently looking to add volleyball , soccer and track and field as a competition sport. In 2014 we were one of 4 schools in the state of Ohio that dramatically improved their math and reading scores for a inner city urban school over the past 5 years.

Oliver H Perry Elementary School 1

Posted May 17, 2014
I go to this school it is filthy disgusting and a shame to other schools. There are bed bugs, mice,and cockroaches. The principal has no control over us students. And punishes us for ridiculous things. And has almost no extra activities for us fellow students.

Oliver H Perry Elementary School 2

Posted October 01, 2013
im going to be a new student at oliver hazard perry and the things that im hearing about it dont sound good at all but when me and my mom went up to the school to see it the first thing that caught her attention was the security guardS and the metal detector i think my new school is going to be fun

Posted April 16, 2010
The school hasvery good and concerned teachers as well as the principal. My daughter has learned a great deal from being at this school and I like their approach to teaching. This school offers extra activities so that the parents as well as the students can interact and network. This is one of the premier school in my opinion.

Posted April 05, 2008
The principal has no control over the students. she is afraid of confrontation. she do not support the staff members within her building. she do not know how to handle urban children and I feel that she is racist. there are some excellent teachers there but no leadership from the principal. I feel the Cleveland School District should evaluate the performance of all principals thoroughly. She do not permit parents into the building and do not encourage parent involvement.

Posted October 16, 2007
I must say that I am very dissapointed with OH Perry, Several yrs ago my daughter was in the Gifted and Talented program and the school was very good. by adding 7th and 8th grade I believe it was a bad choice, I put my son back at the school due to medical issues so he would be closer to home, I was not informed by any teacher that my son was not doing any school work until I attended open house 5 weeks after school started. I am now looking for a school that actually cares about the education of the students. I also sent this same complaint to Dr. Sanders and have received no reply from him.

18400 Schenely Ave, Cleveland, OH  44119
Last modified Oliver H Perry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.