Posted August 03, 2013
The teachers and staff are excellent and caring. Many special needs children get great care from the educators at this first rate school.

Louisa May Alcott Elementary School 1

Posted October 15, 2012
My child has attended LMA for several years. I have not been entirely satisfied with our experience. My child has special needs, and I feel they regard her as a nuisance rather than help her succeed. Also- They are too quick to offer medical advice; telling us what kind of medication she should be on, what kind of mental disabilities they think she has (even though her doctors have ruled out all of these diagnoses repeatedly). My child is now behind in her studies and I don't feel she's getting the attention neccessary for her to thrive academically. The principal and teachers are nice people, I just wish they would pay more individualized attention to students with special needs.

Posted January 06, 2012
I am sure if you bring this issue to Principal Stull, it will be nipped in the bud immediately. This has to irritate the teachers there as well who need to have their aides at full attention. She runs a tight ship and her and LMA are the best thing CMSD has going for it. Alot is done at this school with very little resources and Priincipal Stull and the teachers there are extremely dedicated and responsive. Please make sure you bring it to her attention

Louisa May Alcott Elementary School 3

Posted January 04, 2012
I do not like the aids use of so much time on their Cell phones during school hours. Use your cell during lunch time. They are on their cell phones at times for 20-30 minutes during school hours. Totally wrong they could use that time better for the children. That is why I give it a 3 .Get off the cell during school hours and you get a 5 so they use that time for the school and not on the Cell phone

Posted August 07, 2009
This is a terrific school- possibly the best elementary school in Cleveland. LMA cannot be topped when it comes to the care and motivation shown by both Mrs. Stull and the teaching staff. Every person, including the non-teaching staff, knows every child in this small, 'right size' school. I had my reservations about sending my child to any Cleveland Public School but I am so glad that I gave Alcott the chance. My child has had a wonderful experience despite the larger district problems. Yes, field trips and extra activities are a weak area, and working parents have a hard time with the lack of after-school care, but this is a school with real heart and solid performance that makes up for any shortcomings.

Posted June 03, 2009
My daughter is attending Kindegarten at LMA and am very happy with the quality education, involved principal and the best teacher (Ms.Kitchen) My daughter has grown so much while there this year, I am so very greatful for this wonderful school and would recommend it over any private school!

Louisa May Alcott Elementary School 0

Posted May 26, 2009
I completely agree, totally! I have had my two boys attend LMA and I could not be happier. I had both my son's in another Cleveland Public School, and that school..which I will not name, didn't give NO WHERE near the time, the care and the understanding that LMA has given my boys. LMA gave my son testing that the other school never even mentioned to me that my son was eligible for. I will continue to thank them because my son has improve greatly in the 3yrs. that he has been there. My other son has moved on to high school, but the teachers till this day still check and make sure he is doing well. The principal, Mrs. Staul is heaven sent to these childern. I have never met a more caring principal. She is the best, and that is why her school remains always in my heart.

Posted April 26, 2009
Best Elementary School on Cleveland's West Side. Best teachers, best principal, great education. Very loving and caring atmosphere. Blue Ribbon Award.

Posted November 25, 2008
I have two kids that go to Alcott and Ilove this school and they are the best!

Posted October 17, 2008
I have been with LMC for 3 years. I have 4 girls attending this school. Two of the girls are ADHD with an IEP. I love this school so much I travel from the eastide of cleveland to the westside on the bus so that they can get one of the best education that cleveland public school can offer.

Louisa May Alcott Elementary School
10308 Baltic Rd, Cleveland, OH  44102
Last modified Louisa May Alcott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Louisa May Alcott Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.