Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Very average. My experience started out bad, got better and now is just kinda "eh".

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Again this varies from teacher to teacher. In their defense, the curriculum is not really their own and there is a lot of "teaching to the assessments."

Amount of homework: Disagree

It depends on the teacher, really. I have had experienced excess homework and also just the right amount. The excess homework was REALLY excess though.

Develops character: Neutral

The teachers usually try to get children to work out their differences. They make children return things that don't belong to them if the realize their is an issue. Sometimes they don't allow children to explain situations and may jump to incorrect conclusions.

The teachers and staff are excellent and caring. Many special needs children get great care from the educators at this first rate school.

My child has attended LMA for several years. I have not been entirely satisfied with our experience. My child has special needs, and I feel they regard her as a nuisance rather than help her succeed. Also- They are too quick to offer medical advice; telling us what kind of medication she should be on, what kind of mental disabilities they think she has (even though her doctors have ruled out all of these diagnoses repeatedly). My child is now behind in her studies and I don't feel she's getting the attention neccessary for her to thrive academically. The principal and teachers are nice people, I just wish they would pay more individualized attention to students with special needs.

I am sure if you bring this issue to Principal Stull, it will be nipped in the bud immediately. This has to irritate the teachers there as well who need to have their aides at full attention. She runs a tight ship and her and LMA are the best thing CMSD has going for it. Alot is done at this school with very little resources and Priincipal Stull and the teachers there are extremely dedicated and responsive. Please make sure you bring it to her attention

I do not like the aids use of so much time on their Cell phones during school hours. Use your cell during lunch time. They are on their cell phones at times for 20-30 minutes during school hours. Totally wrong they could use that time better for the children. That is why I give it a 3 .Get off the cell during school hours and you get a 5 so they use that time for the school and not on the Cell phone

This is a terrific school- possibly the best elementary school in Cleveland. LMA cannot be topped when it comes to the care and motivation shown by both Mrs. Stull and the teaching staff. Every person, including the non-teaching staff, knows every child in this small, 'right size' school. I had my reservations about sending my child to any Cleveland Public School but I am so glad that I gave Alcott the chance. My child has had a wonderful experience despite the larger district problems. Yes, field trips and extra activities are a weak area, and working parents have a hard time with the lack of after-school care, but this is a school with real heart and solid performance that makes up for any shortcomings.

My daughter is attending Kindegarten at LMA and am very happy with the quality education, involved principal and the best teacher (Ms.Kitchen) My daughter has grown so much while there this year, I am so very greatful for this wonderful school and would recommend it over any private school!

Last modified Louisa May Alcott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.