Posted April 30, 2014
This school is great....My son came from a CMSD and his reading was off....And now at TIS he has been getting the help that he needs to reading at grade level. I would recommend this school .

Posted June 01, 2011
My son is entering his 4th year at TIS. I am very pleased at what he is learning. The class sizes are small which is ideal for learning and teaching.

Posted May 09, 2011
TIS is the best!! The teachers and staff are very friendly and everyone seems to work together to insure that students LEARN. The smaller classroom structure, provides so much individual attention and help. Parent participation is a requirement, children are encourage to read half an hour each night,plus visits to nearby Nursing Homes, teaches students to respect Seniors and to be more compassionate. Dr.Whitehouse is a sincere and dedicated principal, that loves her students and wants them to succeed!

Posted August 06, 2010
As my grandduaghter once said Ms. Cudell is the best teacher ever!!! This school is the best ever. I love the interaction of the teachers with the students. You can tell that at the end of the day they have enjoied being at school. Also the teachers are always willing to give a report to the parents on the days activites.

Posted April 29, 2010

Intergenerational School, The 0

Posted April 01, 2010
I love TIS. My son attended TIS for two years and it was a wonderful experience. The teachers are caring and supportive, Dr. Whitehouse is an excellent leader, and the class size is unheard of in an inner city school. Unfortunately due to family circumstances I had to pull my son out of the school and enroll him in an area school closer to our house. I wish he could have stayed. It was a great experience.

Intergenerational School, The 0

Posted January 31, 2010

Posted September 16, 2009
So glad we found this school--they are providing the quality education that what we had hoped to find at our area public school, but did not. TIS is a wonderful school in many ways.

Posted January 31, 2009
Our children are in their 2nd year at TIS. The limited classroom size, integration of age levels, intergenerational programming and focus on basics is proving to be very positive for both of our children, one of whom has an IEP. The philosophy that the school espouses shows in their programming and curriculum--including test preparation. A school like this will not be for everyone--there are few 'extras' and the multi-age classroom can have its pros and cons, but there is no false premise here. Every element of the school day is specifically geared towards the highest level of learning and interaction between the students, teachers and beyond (reading mentors, etc). It is a tight ship, and Dr. Whitehouse is firmly at the helm. Parents are expected to engage with their children's learning everyday ad we find that the student body reflects this parental commitment. We are very happy with the school!

Intergenerational School, The 4

Posted January 26, 2009
Changing my son's school in third grade was a tremendous leap of faith for us, having previously attended a parochial school where he had been nurtured since the age of 3. After 1st grade I felt there were delays in his math and writing skills which were not being addressed. My concerns were met with comments like 'Sometimes it just takes boys longer to focus in these areas.' That was just not acceptable. While watching a segemnt on schools of choice I was introdeced to TIS, and I can't begin to tell you the didfference it has made. While my child still has some math struggles, his math teacher and other staff are all on board, and we work together as a solid unit to get him the help he needs to make sure he is succesful in all areas of his education.

Intergenerational School, The
12200 Fairhill Rd, Cleveland, OH  44120
Last modified Intergenerational School, The is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Intergenerational School, The Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.