Public charter
Cleveland, OH

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 14, 2015
It is just the right amount homework. It is given every night, but it is never too much for my child to handle.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
While working in multiage classrooms, students are encouraged to respect each others ideas no matter what age. You can learn from children younger than you just as much as you can learn from children who are older than you.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
My child working in multi-age classrooms has helped to mold her into a caring, compassionate, and empathetic student. She has learned to work with other kids of all ages as they work together to solve problems.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 14, 2015
There are strict guidelines that students must follow. If these rules are broken there are consequences that will be in place. This helps the students with honesty, integrity and fairness. I have already seen a difference in the way my child acts with other kids and at home.

Posted July 14, 2015
This was the perfect fit for my child. The multi-age classrooms were a great place for my child to thrive. My child connected with community mentors. They made learning fun for my child, and she really looked forward to going to school. It was great as a working mother to know my child was at a great place.

Posted April 30, 2014
This school is great....My son came from a CMSD and his reading was off....And now at TIS he has been getting the help that he needs to reading at grade level. I would recommend this school .

Posted June 01, 2011
My son is entering his 4th year at TIS. I am very pleased at what he is learning. The class sizes are small which is ideal for learning and teaching.

Posted May 09, 2011
TIS is the best!! The teachers and staff are very friendly and everyone seems to work together to insure that students LEARN. The smaller classroom structure, provides so much individual attention and help. Parent participation is a requirement, children are encourage to read half an hour each night,plus visits to nearby Nursing Homes, teaches students to respect Seniors and to be more compassionate. Dr.Whitehouse is a sincere and dedicated principal, that loves her students and wants them to succeed!

Posted August 06, 2010
As my grandduaghter once said Ms. Cudell is the best teacher ever!!! This school is the best ever. I love the interaction of the teachers with the students. You can tell that at the end of the day they have enjoied being at school. Also the teachers are always willing to give a report to the parents on the days activites.

Posted April 01, 2010
I love TIS. My son attended TIS for two years and it was a wonderful experience. The teachers are caring and supportive, Dr. Whitehouse is an excellent leader, and the class size is unheard of in an inner city school. Unfortunately due to family circumstances I had to pull my son out of the school and enroll him in an area school closer to our house. I wish he could have stayed. It was a great experience.

11327 Shaker Blvd, Suite 200E, Cleveland, OH  44120
Last modified Intergenerational School, The is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Intergenerational School, The Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top