Bad
Good

The Stockyard Community School is such a blessing to our family. My nephew spent a year at a public school and cried everyday. He hated school and did everything he could to get out of going. Since the first day at Stockyard he has changed his mind about school and can't wait to go. He has been there since first grade and is now in fifth grade. He has spent all of that time on the Honor Roll & Merit Roll. My other nephew is now attending Stockyard with the same success. The only complaint I have is the lack of extra curricular activities. The school needs to have a sports program or something for the kids to do. The kids loved playing basketball and the teachers/coaches were great at showing the kids how to work as a team. I loved that it got kids up and doing some exercise.

we like stockyard community school on west 65th street. my child loves going to that school everyday.I will have both of my girls there next year.

I have three kids at stockyard community school and it has been great. The kids get extra attention due to the smaller classes. The teachers are more willing to work one on one if they need to, and there are teachers assistant in the class as well. The class only has 20 students compared to Public schools and there 30 to 35 per class and no teachers aid. I would highly recommend Stockyard to any parent. The only thing I wish there was more of is extra curricular activities like coir, dance, sport, band, etc.

My two children attend stockyard community school my oldest has been there since kinde.and know he is in the second grade i feel that the teachers are good let me re-phrase that some of the teachers are but i must say that i am very disappointed with the Principal (Ms.Sims) the way the school is not organized in the fact when they have a field trip it is a night-mare they don't have any school functions like christmas plays,etc. they do offer cub scout but that there is a nightmare also I just feel they really need to get organized and offer more to the students the principal promised the kids a playground that the school received agrant for and it's now Jan.2008 and no playground my point is that the principal or school how ever you want to see it always promises and does not follow throught.

Last modified Constellation Schools: Stockyard Community Element is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.