Horizon Science Academy-Denison Middle School 1

Posted August 13, 2012
This school is great. Trips to Turkey, exposure to the Turkish culture and language . It follows the education guidelines of Fethullah Gulen in an up to date manner. Hopefully many more schools will be opened in the Cleveland area. It doesn't get any better that this.

Posted February 26, 2008
I believe this school is exceptional in many ways. The students are challenged by their teachers to be the best they can be. The extra-curricular programs are wonderful. The teachers work hard and stay late to make sure the students get the help they need. If you are looking for a middle school, send your child to HSA.

Horizon Science Academy-Denison Middle School 0

Posted February 06, 2008
this is a very good school my kids really like this school

Posted December 07, 2007
HSA has given my child the education and safety that was not provided in my public school system. There is no alcohol/drug or weapon incidents reported. It is pretty safe place. The curriculum is focused on science, math, language arts, and computer technology. The teachers encourage the students to excel. They stay after school and come in on weekends to tutor or help students with science projects or other academic competitions. I am very happy with this school

Horizon Science Academy-Denison Middle School 0

Posted December 07, 2007
My daughter is a student at HSA-Denison. She has been in private, Catholic, Baptist and now HSA. This is the best school by far that she has attended. The school has caring and concerned teachers. I do wish more parents would get involved, we have PTO second Tuesday of every month, with just a handful of parents showing up. The field trips are amazing, makes me wish I was a kid again. I was able to chaperone one field trip. It was a great experience for me. Anyone in the Cleveland-Denison area looking for a middle school should really consider HSA-Denison, you will not be disappointed.

Posted October 15, 2007
The reason I chose HSA - Denison is its challenging and supportive environment. We encourage students to participate in various competitions and activities. They learn how to deal with a science fair. They try, find, and enjoy. Our staff and parents are like a family. Still, not with every parent. But I think that is a good ratio. Although our administration pushes us to do our best, I like them. They even helped me when I had some personal problems. That is one of the few schools a teacher can work without a doubt.

Horizon Science Academy-Denison Middle School 3

Posted September 22, 2007
I like the school. They do not have books for most of the classes--they have work books, that do not explain anything. Some teachers do not update the children log daily. They do offer tutoring. The extra activities should benefit the students who need exposure. I wish they would do more culture events--the school has a mixture of ethic groups. It would be great if they would 1) ask the students where they would want to travel. 2) Explain to the parents how children are selected for the trips and in advance how much the trips will cost. 3)For the older age group- have a dance, inter mural games to build up the school spirit. 4) have an award ceremony for the kids.

Posted September 04, 2007
I am really elated to be part of the HSA staff. Never before in my teaching career has my school year started off so smoothly. I am grateful for the support and dedication of the staff to teach our students the highest of standards . Most of all, the students are the BEST! They give so much soul and character to our school. They are so beautifully unique and wonderful! Thank you thank you thank you!

Horizon Science Academy-Denison Middle School 4

Posted September 03, 2007
The school is constantly improving in every aspect. It's becoming more structured and offering more choices for the students. This year they started offering music again. They are very open to the parents and community. Parents are invited for open houses couple of times every year in addition to the parent teacher conferences.

Horizon Science Academy-Denison Middle School 4

Posted February 02, 2007
I find the teachers friendly and administrator supportive. It's a nice place to work.

Horizon Science Academy-Denison Middle School
1700 Denison Ave, Cleveland, OH  44109
Last modified Horizon Science Academy-Denison Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horizon Science Academy-Denison Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top