K-8 & Ungraded
Public charter
Cleveland, OH

Near West Intergenerational School 5

Posted April 05, 2015
This is a great school. I have been a volunteer here for four years. The students are curious, engaged and thriving. Because each class has fewer than 20 students, teachers have the opportunity to devote attention to the learning style of each individual child. There is also a great spirit of community among the staff, teachers and families. NWIS is a hidden gem in Ohio City.

Near West Intergenerational School 1

Posted June 03, 2014
I was completely unsatisfied with this school I regret sending my kid to this school my son didnt learn nothing, the teacher my son had was very careless and very detrimental to my son not reaching his goal! I believe there are some good teachers here but also some very bad ones who are lazy and unatenitive even when I signed my kid up for tutoring when I was pop up there all the kids would just be pling and the teacher would just be in her own world on the computer! I am warning all parents now do not send your kids here if you love them and want the best for them!

Near West Intergenerational School 5

Posted June 05, 2013
NWIS just finished their second year and I couldn't be happier. My older son was an inaugural kindergartner when NWIS opened. Small class sizes (16 per classroom) with attentive teachers. The multi-age classrooms made the transition from one year to the next very smooth. Kids get regular mentoring by caring adults, the same adults every week. My son really looks forward to spending time with his mentors. The core subjects (reading, writing, math) are very strong. The kids get two "specials" every day, one of which is always Phys Ed (outside if possible) and either art, music, or spanish as the other special. Multi age classes don't appeal to everyone, but I found it helpful for my son to have older students setting good examples for him, which has helped him to grow into a good example for the younger kids. It also really forces the teachers to treat every child individually. NWIS was somewhat cramped this year due to the space available. For 2013/14, we are anticipating NWIS will move to a much larger building next door that will not be shared. After school programs are mostly community based, as budget and facilities constraints have limited after school programing.

Near West Intergenerational School
3805 Terrett Avenue, Cleveland, OH  44113
Last modified Near West Intergenerational School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Near West Intergenerational School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top