Bad
Good

My son just started kindergarten this year at East Franklin. I find it pretty upsetting that there is no Air Conditioning in the school except for the principle's office. I received a letter from my sons teacher saying that the children take frequent water breaks during the day, put cold rags on there necks, and even have spray bottles to spray each other in the face to help cool down during the day. I over heard one parent talking about how her child threw up at school because he got to hot. I don't think it's fair for the principle to stay cool in her office while our children suffer in there class room. My son has 20 some other students in his kindergarten class alone. The teacher is so busy trying to keep track of everyone she has no time for one on one with any student. I am surprised that no one else has complained about these things. I feel like if all the parents get together we could get some ac for our children. Other than that I guess the school is ok. I don't think I will be sending my son here next year.

I have a child in second grade and I am curious to the reason why the "TEACHER" has not passed out a second grade LESSON PLAN. I find it hard to believe a "TEACHER" wouldn't want the PARENTS to know what their CHILDREN are learning through out the week. Being a PARENT I would like to know what is taught if "anything" so I may help my CHILDREN practice what they learn in the classroom at home. Another CONCERN of mine has to do with a child learning things during class time for things that take place after school like "PLAYS." Some PARENTS are unable to get their CHILDREN to the school for this do to work and other situations. With "NO" BUSES to help out I believe this becomes a waste of my CHILD'S "EDUCATION." My thoughts and opinions have actually already been expressed by phone. Maybe, I can be heard better through a REVIEW. THANK YOU, My BLESSINGS to all...

My son is in the 2nd grade at this school ... he looks forward to getting up in the morning and heading out for his day of school. I don't recall him ever coming home unhappy in the past years he has attended school at East Franklin! I would highly recommend this school to any parent looking at the diff school choices. It is great to walk in and be greeted by smiling faces in the office ... the principal is wonderful and seems to really care for her students!

I am a parent of someone who attends this school.I have good things to say about this school.My son attends here and for 3 or 4 years of his schooling he has had problems with certain subjects.Well,now he is in 4th grade and he is doing much better,because they have him in a special needs program which is exactly what he needed.Ms Metzler is one of the best teachers my son has ever had.Mrs. Dean also has been a great help to my child.And its nice to see papers with A's on them for a change.

Last modified East Franklin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.