Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Not all teacher's but a few teachers have very poor teaching styles. There are a few teachers who don't have the patience or personality to work with children. Some children are not treated fairly. I have a child who is crushed by the way his teacher treats him. It's heartbreaking. How do you prepare your child for an adult with authority to mistreat them? I don't know how to explain this to him other than some people are just not nice. I realize school is not all about having fun but he is losing his enthusiasm for school. I have contacted the school board but no response, met with both the principal and teacher. This year there is no homework and it is very hard to work with your child if you don't know what is going on. How do you study? How do you prepare your child for when they do eventually have homework? Students are penalized for getting correct answers but not using the correct strategy in math. Very frustrating. Wish I had other options. Praying that teachers will do right by the children. Teachers helps shape their life and they are our future.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I dont feel that all teacher's are ineffective just some. I would like to feel like my childs teacher cares.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I have never heard of an entire school not giving homework. How do you prepare the children for when they do eventually have to do homework?

Develops character: Disagree

Not all students are treated the same. Some teachers there do not have the patience or personality to be around kids.

So far our child is receiving an excellent education at Prairie Lincoln Elementary School. The teachers have been fantastic and have engaged us when necessary to address the status of our child s education. We keep an open line of communication with the teachers and Principal and they are always quick to respond to emails and phone calls. The PTA is well meaning, but parent participation is low. The PTA also fails to address the main issues facing the school: improving student test scores, student extracurricular activities, and increasing parent involvement. This school faces a unique set of challenges due to the fact that there is high poverty, roughly 6 in 10 students receive free or reduced lunch, and there is a large ESL, English as a Second Language, population. The ESL student families do not attend the standard PTA meetings and have little to no involvement in helping with PTA related activities. Hopefully the school can find a way to better integrate the ESL student families with the PTA to improve the student experience for all and increase parental involvement in the PTA. The school building was constructed in the 1950 s and is scheduled to be rebuilt by 2016.

Not for us at all. The curriculum is deplorable and everything is out of date.

Some of the office staff are not very friendly. I don't feel they challenge some of the student enough. My daughter is advanced in Math and she brought home her first C this year and we knew it wanted because she doesnt know it it's because she is getting bored in class because she is not being challenged. After getting in trouble she brought the grade back up which showed us that. The school is ok but I am looking into alternatives for her.

I am amazed at the respect, diversity, and teaching that occurs at our Prairie Lincoln. The teachers and principal strive to see all the children become 'Self Managers.' with virtues of respect, self discipline, and caring that truly makes the education process better for the children. Though known to be on the 'West side' and not a part of the 'Elite Grove City', I am extremely proud of this school. With test scores at 92%...just a few points away from the state 'Excellent' rating, I know that the educators are the best we could ever ask for!

Prairie Lincoln is a wonderful place to teach! The staff is very caring and hard-working. The students are eager to learn and the diversity of the student body makes this school a fantastic place to learn about the world.

Prairie Lincoln is in an older neighborhood situated near many mature trees with several churches across the street. It is an older school but is well maintained and clean. The homes that surround the school appear well maintained and things generally, 'look nice.' I am very happy with my daughter's education thus far and I am admittingly surprised just how happy I have been. I was apprehensive as there are many children from economically challenged homes. Shame on me. I have learned a lesson---our world is not all white and not everyone earns enough to keep their kids from the free lunch system. I have met some of the nicest people from a variety of backgrounds and the school does an excellent job treating all the kids like they are all stars! The staff and administration have been more than impressive. They do the work of giants and I've been impressed.

Last modified Prairie Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.