Posted August 15, 2013
I had my daughter in this school for Kindergarten only.. Ms Oney was a great teacher, very involved and she went out of her way to schedule a meeting with me that fit my schedule. The academic program was good. The only i do not like, which is the district not the school, is that there is not all day kindergarten 5 days a week. My daughter struggled abit getting used to going she loved it i just wish she could of went every day

Posted July 20, 2012
I love Prairie Norton Elementary. I went here when I was little and now my son goes there. The teachers are great and the staff is friendly. My son was a little behind the other kids at the beginning of his Kindergarten year and his teacher helped him get caught up. The only bad things I can think of is the school is old, communication isn't always great between staff, and the kids are taught at a slower pace then other schools. My niece goes to a school in a different district and was learning much tougher things than my son was (they both are in the same grade).

Prairie Norton Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2011
My son is in 1st grade this year and it has been horrible. The teacher he has this year pretty well told me to take my son to the dr. and put him on meds. He is a great kid and is incredibly smart. He never has behavior problems at home other than the norm. I am a nurse and have seen kids with ADD and ADHD and I know my son doesn't qualify in that area. They had me so convinced there was something wrong with him I agreed to get him counseling. When I met with the counselor she told me he was one of the best kids she's ever seen. Then one day he was held in the building without contacting my husband or I and when I went in to find him they told me if he didn't listen next time they were going to make him hold their hand and take them around with them. So, they were going to restain my son for playing. I'm angry and am going to do something about it. I also don't appreciate that when I was there to meet the teacher about my son tying his shoes together, yea, I was rudely interrupted by the receptionist ? passing me by to speak spanish to a guy that just walked in. Great customer service. NOT. I would never let my child go to this school again!

Prairie Norton Elementary School 5

Posted October 14, 2010
The school has scored great on state report cards! Great staff! To the previous parent. Some of your comments range from unfactual to laughable. There is no rule about using 1 sheet of TP. How would that be enforced - yuk. Since 30 percent of the school and community are ESL then it makes sense that they would have some special services. Federal law requires ESL services and pays for it. Don't be a bigot. Lots of kids get special services at PN and if you volunteer at the school some time then you will find that out. The building is old and due for a rebuild. It has 2 restrooms per floor, but yes newer would be nicer. They have nice flowers in the front. It is not trashy but being near a busy road they do get some trash blowing in. It gets picked up to my satisfaction.

Prairie Norton Elementary School 2

Posted June 13, 2010
I agree with the above writer, Prairie Norton focuses on the ESL students often ignoring the other students. If your child speaks English well then they are on their own, teachers are too busy with ESL. Some of the teachers are fantastic while others are well below average. There are no extra activities to keep children busy and no field trips either, it is just work and that is all. The schools constant focus on foreign students, makes other students feel left out. Maintenance is terrible at this school, bathrooms smell really bad and nothing is ever fixed,trash is never picked up and bad words are never removed from objects. This school has strange bathroom rules, you are only able to use 1 piece of toliet paper in the bathroom.

Posted June 12, 2010
Prairie norton does have caring teachers, but they are so overwhelmed by ESL (english second language) students that they did not properly help my son with AUTISM, the ESL students got more extra help then he did and they qualified for 5 day kindergarten where my son with a genuine disability did not.

Posted February 18, 2010
I recently moved from Wa. State were the funding for public schools is totally different, therein making for better schools. I like PNE for several reasons. I like that the students are treated fairly especially because the racial diversity is huge, not just Hispanic. The teachers are amazing despite poor working environment (mostly because there is no air cond.). The Principal is also constantly working to make the school better. On the other hand I the school is derelict, the grounds very poorly kept, there's only 1 girls bathroom, no handicapped accommodations made. All this because the voters don't want to fund their schools. To the voters just remember these kids are your future, too.

Prairie Norton Elementary School 0

Posted January 20, 2010
PNE has excellent state scores and a caring staff. All students are treated with respect and individual attention is given regardless of their background. PNE has about 30% Hispanic or ESL students not 75% like another parent claimed. I think that is about equal to the other schools in the area. The building is old but has its charm and it is well maintained. The principal is friendly and fair with parents.

Posted August 21, 2009
This school does extremely well considering 75 percent of it's students are Hispanic and speak broken English. The test scores continue to improve every year even with the district constantly making cuts. For a building being over 50 years old, it is in good shape and well maintained. The staff works to the best of their abilities considering they have such a diverse student population and a wide array of up bringings.

Posted October 04, 2008

Prairie Norton Elementary School
117 Norton Rd, Columbus, OH  43228
Last modified Prairie Norton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Norton Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top