Mccord Middle School 3

Posted May 12, 2012
Both of my boys experienced bullying issues at McCord. Most of the problems took place on the bus, but there were some issues in the classroom as well. The administration claims to have a zero-tolerance for bullying, but there was very little done for my boys, or any of their friends who had similar problems. In the end, I had to remove my kids from the bus in order to ease the problem. That being said, the classes offered were challenging and definitely prepared them for the next level. Most of the teachers are pretty great, but as in most schools there were a few who seemed to have little interest in teaching and were more focused on just accumulating their time for retirement or playing on their cell phones. Both of my boys are now attending high school in a different district and have thankfully not experienced the same bullying issues we had at McCord.

Posted October 07, 2009

Posted September 03, 2008
It's really good and they cleverly jam-pack the school day so there's no time for drama.

Posted November 28, 2007

Posted July 29, 2006
Mr. Kuri, the principal, is an outstanding administrator. Not only does he run the school well, he is welcoming to the parents and truly wants to get to know his students. His easy demeanor makes him approachable by both parents and students. Mr. Murphy does a wonderful job as Dean of Students. He guides the students towards better choices and is someone the kids respect. We had a wonderful experience with the entire staff (they truly 'get' this age group) and I look forward to my other two children experiencing all that McCord has to offer. Mr. Kuri is the best principal I have experienced so far in Worthington! McCord has high expectations in both academics and social growth of our students. They should be proud of the job they do! Go Mustangs!

Mccord Middle School
1500 Hard Rd, Columbus, OH  43235
Last modified Mccord Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mccord Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.