Bad
Good

As a student who had transferred in to this school during my junior year, I have to say I was not pleased with my experience. Early on it was evident that the school took only an interest in a certain demographic while excluding others. The school failed to challenge me and as a result I felt lost during my education, it took a while for me to regain my bearings.

My daughter is a frehman at WKHS. She is a bright kid and is in some honors classes as well as some regular classes. She is being challenged in an appropriate manner as I see it. She loves Kilbourne and has made an easy transition from McCord MS. If there is a better overall High School staff in the Columbus area, I'd like to see it. She plays 2 sports and the school sprit and student involvement have been fantastic.

Every high school has issues with drugs and bullying. Schools can try and shelter their students from it all they want but it's gonna happen. That being said, Kilbourne's drug problem really isn't that bad! The education is decent, it's slipped over the years but retains an excellence rating and is one of the top 1000 high schools in the country. Nonetheless, as a student i feel unchallenged here. I do not mean to sound conceited, but I just don't feel as though i'm being pushed very far in the classroom. Also, our course selection is somewhat barebones. We offer three languages (2.5, we cut half the french program), and do not offer more ap courses such as world history, comparative government, physics c, psychology, etc. I would like to see that change, but alas, it probably won't happen. As far as school spirit is concerned, i do feel that kilbourne students, at times, want to be students elsewhere. They want to be westerville north, they want to be dublin jerome, hilliard davidson, etc., and aren't always proud of the K. At other times (football games + lax season), however, i've never seen a more rowdy student section :D.

Dear Concerned Parent, Every school has a drug problem, welcome to reality. And Kilbourne is a great school. If you felt it wasn't challenging enough then clearly you didn't think about signing your daughter up for AP/Enriched classes. Kilbourne has so much to offer. And as for the bullying, thats another normal part of LIFE. But Kilbourne tends to be very different in the sense that seniors hangout with freshmen, and vice versa. I think our school is a lot better about bullying than others. Oh, and this is coming from a student who went to a private school her freshmen year as well.

My daughter had a horrible experience with this school. We found there was a lot of bullying, drugs, and unacceptable behavior. I found it was not challenging enough for students. She went to a non-public school for freshman year, which we switched because of the cost. Compared to that, this place was about as good as a hen house.

Worthington Kilbourne is by far one of the best learning institutions in the state of Ohio. The knowledgable faculty, beautiful campus, and wide selection of sports, clubs, and activities provides to the students a unique oppertunity to better enrich themselves in an ever modernizing world. The open-mindedness and acceptance of both the students and staff at WKHS are outstanding. Worthington Kilbourne is a special and dynamic place, and I reccomend it to any family looking to relocate to the Columbus area.

I love this school, although it can be very cliuqe-y, and sometimes hard to fit in. I would recommend it to anyone and wouldn't chose any other school. There is an incredible amount of school spirit, extra-curricular activities, sports, and clubs! It is a great place to be a student!

WKHS, without a doubt, has proved to be more of an experience for me than any College ever will. How many students can honestly say that? I learned more my Senior year in High School than I've learned for two years at Ohio State - enough said. WKHS couldn't be much better.

I love kilbourne! The moment i walked in the front door I felt a tremendous amount of pride. All the teachers are well educated and love teaching. I couldn't imagine going anyway else.

I currently go to Kilbourne. We have alright school spirit, and our academics are excellent. It's easy to find a place to fit.

Last modified Worthington Kilbourne High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.