Bad
Good

Madison Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2013
I love this school. Madison elementary has some of the warmest most helpful teachers and staff.my daughter who is now in Mr Rays class says he's a great teacher! Miss Elliott and Mrs Burke were also wonderful and still continue to be a great part of my daughters life.My daughter loves Mrs Kauffka(sorry if spelled wrong) her music teacher.Miss Stevenson for gym and her new gym teacher too.Let me just also add Terri Vauder is so great at keeping things running smoothly she's a very important part of this schools success in my opinion. I appreciate that when I had a question I get called back even by the superintendent. I'm glad we live in this township.Everyone is very pleasant and helpful.When my step son who has ADD and reactive attachment disorder and oppositional defiance disorder went to school Mrs Hinton and others were so helpful and kind although he could prove difficult in social situations.The EAP program was essential to him feeling successful. Thank you

Madison Elementary School 1

Posted February 06, 2012
I would love to have feed back from anyone who can! My son has been in the school for les than half the school year. He has attended two other schools in 6 yrs (k-5). He has always been a "joy to have in class". After a couple of months trying to get the teachers to involve me in his experience...as he's gone from an A/B student to a D/F "bully"!!!!

Madison Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2011
There are some very good teacher's at Madison. Ms. Elliot was excellent with my son last year; he's severly ADHD and was new to a structured environment. Even with that said, we found out in Feburary that he was putting in reading intervention in November. Since we attended a parent teacher conference two weeks after he was placed in it and my understanding is they need parental permission to even place him in it. The Principal flat out does not want parents involved; when my son came home with bite marks, bloody noses, black eyes etc and we would call the school to find out what happened (no, I don't always beileve my sons stories) we had to leave a message. The principal NEVER got back to us and when we would visit the school we were told "Its been dealt with"

Posted June 30, 2009
Madison elementary is not a good school. If you have a child with special needs, do not send him/her to this school. In my opinion, their special education teachers are not prepared to provide the necessary services that each child needs and deserves.

Posted July 22, 2008
I find Madison Elementary a very inviting school with a hard working staff and administration. The teachers seem to want the absolute best for their students. There have been many improvements this past year too! I like the direction I see Madison headed.

Madison Elementary School 5

Posted July 21, 2008
Being a parent from CA, I was very pleased with Madison elemntary. They have excellent staff, and offer nifty incentives to the students that cause the students to want to do their best.

Posted May 21, 2008
After 2 long years at Madison Elementary, I have found that 'unprofessional' is the general standard. From student/teacher conversation content, to constant negativity about the facility and it's condtion heard everytime I go in. It is consistantly negative and unprofessional. The 'bad' students rule the school. and see very little punishment for unexcepable behavior. The new priciple has bigshot-itis, and doesn't give a welcoming feeling to any parent helping out at the school. The school complains about lack of parental support, but are treated like second class, and a bother, if they're to volunteer. Check yourself Madison, and Ms. Toledo!

Madison Elementary School 3

Posted January 29, 2008
Finally, things are starting to look better for Madison. A new (improved) principal and the PTO is getting better and better after years in a slump.

Madison Elementary School 5

Posted December 11, 2007
I was lucky enough to have been part of the Madison School staff as a student teacher, and I believe that the entire staff work extremely hard to make sure that every child reaches his or her potential. Especially since they are fighting an uphill battle with funding, parent involvement, and time constraints.

Madison Elementary School 2

Posted March 19, 2006
The parents at this school do not seem to be very involved and it is located in a fairly poor area. There are no extra activites available for the kids.

4600 Madison School Dr, Columbus, OH  43232
Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. (614) 833-2011
Last modified Madison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.