Bad
Good

The principal is great at this school. He cares for the students and has plenty of patience. He really goes the extra mile. Having said that, my son has learned a lot of super bad habits from other students that attend this school. If i could afford private school my son would surly attend it. If there was any way the he could go to another school in the district i would without a doubt enroll him there. I am going to fight this coming school year to have him placed in another school. I would highly recommend that if you are checking out the schools here before you move here, MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE! If you have the luxury of choosing the school your child attends, choose another school. Just a small example, at the beginning of the school year, they passed out books to the students, my sons was full of hand written horrible curse words (regular ones and sexist ones) and this is not the worst thing he has learned at this school. If I would have done my homework and researched schools before moving into this area I would have never EVER moved here.

We love this school! The teachers and staff are caring and truly want to see their students succeed. The principal goes above and beyond expectations. When my oldest two daughters started going to Asbury 3 & 1/2 years ago (in kindergarten & 2 grade), the school was just beginning a program called daily 5. This incorporates reading in 5 different ways to improve their reading skills. Finding this out was an answer to prayer because I wanted my girls to excel, and I knew that the most important aspect of excelling is reading. They also have extra staff who help the children who are struggling. And a wonderful smiling secretary as well. And when I say the staff of this school truly cares, I mean that whole-heartedly! Their passion is educating these kids, and making them feel special along the way! Thank you to all the staff who have cared for and loved all three of my girls!

The teachers really care about the children.

Last modified Asbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.