Asbury Elementary School 1

Posted April 30, 2014
The principal is great at this school. He cares for the students and has plenty of patience. He really goes the extra mile. Having said that, my son has learned a lot of super bad habits from other students that attend this school. If i could afford private school my son would surly attend it. If there was any way the he could go to another school in the district i would without a doubt enroll him there. I am going to fight this coming school year to have him placed in another school. I would highly recommend that if you are checking out the schools here before you move here, MOVE SOMEWHERE ELSE! If you have the luxury of choosing the school your child attends, choose another school. Just a small example, at the beginning of the school year, they passed out books to the students, my sons was full of hand written horrible curse words (regular ones and sexist ones) and this is not the worst thing he has learned at this school. If I would have done my homework and researched schools before moving into this area I would have never EVER moved here.

Posted February 19, 2014
We love this school! The teachers and staff are caring and truly want to see their students succeed. The principal goes above and beyond expectations. When my oldest two daughters started going to Asbury 3 & 1/2 years ago (in kindergarten & 2 grade), the school was just beginning a program called daily 5. This incorporates reading in 5 different ways to improve their reading skills. Finding this out was an answer to prayer because I wanted my girls to excel, and I knew that the most important aspect of excelling is reading. They also have extra staff who help the children who are struggling. And a wonderful smiling secretary as well. And when I say the staff of this school truly cares, I mean that whole-heartedly! Their passion is educating these kids, and making them feel special along the way! Thank you to all the staff who have cared for and loved all three of my girls!

Asbury Elementary School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
The teachers really care about the children.

Posted August 28, 2009

Asbury Elementary School 3

Posted August 04, 2008

Asbury Elementary School 5

Posted September 25, 2005
Asbury has a very dedicated staff. The new principal seems to be off to a good start. Students are involved, active learners. Teachers are working hard to meet the needs of the children. Children come to Asbury to learn!

Posted August 26, 2003
Asbury has a great staff. The teachers are very dedicated and generally value each and every child. However, class size is too big (28-30 each in class). We are supposedly one of the smaller schools in the district. The school has many opportunties for parents to get involved. It will be real interesting to see how this new curriculum 'Core Knowledge' helps improve our academic standing. We have a bond issue up in November. I don't think it's going to pass. Too many negatives surrounding the school district, its administration and the community.

Posted August 11, 2003
My daughther just completed grade 1 in Mrs. Schniders class and had a wonderful school year. I could not have asked for a better teacher. My daughter also got to participate in the title one reading program and is reading at a level 23 now. The title one teacher Mrs. Dade is also wonderful with working with the kids. She made reading interesting and fun for my daughter.

Asbury Elementary School
5127 Harbor Blvd, Columbus, OH  43232
(614) 833-2000
Last modified Asbury Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Asbury Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top