Posted February 27, 2014
This school is wonderful! We moved here from another state and both my kids flourished. They love that they have art which they didn't have in the other state both kids fit right in and are excelling at school work. The teachers communicate through emails and letters sent home. The new principle Mrs Sloat is wonderful and engages with the kids!

Posted May 15, 2011
I love this school! I love its diversity. I love its challenges. I love our families! We have been told again and again that we are one of the hardest working schools. Yes, a previous post mentioned test scores BUT they failed to mention our population that we teach and how far they advance each and every year. Some students have advanced 2 years worth of growth in just 1 year at Horizon. The leadership, the diversity, and family like environment provide just what our students need to be successful! I am proud to be a Horizon staff member!

Hilliard Horizon Elementary School 4

Posted January 14, 2011
I have to disagree with the reviews of the principal Brittanie Risner. I have had 3 children in Horizon over the past few years and have had a lot of interaction with her. I find her to be very caring and concerned about the education of her students. She has a very individualized approach to her students. I am very happy with her as well as Hilliard Horizon as a whole. While I have had very few bad experiences because nothing is perfect, overall my experience as a parent in this district has been very positive.

Hilliard Horizon Elementary School 1

Posted December 31, 2010
Beware. This school lost a great principal in 2008. Her replacement is awful. The school's communication admittedly has failed during the new administration (by the new principal) and they still fail to meet State standards under the new principal. Brittanie Risner has no prior experience as a school principal and makes poor judgement calls. Parents constantly complain and the school does not have the support it once had. Many parents have pulled their students out of this school in the last couple of years and moved them legally to another HSD Elementary school based upon the continued failing education scores of this school.

Hilliard Horizon Elementary School 0

Posted April 07, 2009
The new principal at this school leaves little to be desired. The former adminstrator left a wonderful legacy with fond memories and great support for her children. Under this new pricipal, the goal is not the children. She is unwise and makes poor judgements calls. She doesn't have much experience and that is apparent. I am a parent of three years with this school and loved it dearly until now. Thank goodness for the teachers. They make the difference. My kids miss their prior principal dearly.

Posted April 07, 2009
My children goes to hilliard horizon. they tell me a lot about the school. they said when they went to gym or music they got to learn a new dance. the playgound is alsome i am told. they got a football field and a soccer field. it is just alsome thier i am told. the teachers are great. my son was very bad in sience and he is alsome he has 100 percent on his sience test all the time. If i was a kid again i would tell my parents to transfer me to Hilliard Horizon so i can live a happy life.

Hilliard Horizon Elementary School 0

Posted April 22, 2008
My children have attended Hillard Horizon for the past 4 years. And I have not one bad thing to say about the school or it's staff. It is a very caring environment and they strive to see the kids do there best they care about the children there and that's the most imimportant part to getting an excellent education

Posted January 21, 2008
Horizon Elementary provides a safe, fun learning environment for all the children that it serves. The staff genuinely cares for and encourages every child to succeed.

Posted September 19, 2006
I am thoroughly impressed with Hilliard Horizon. The commitment level of the teachers and staff is remarkable. I truly believe that the school is an extended form of family and I'm delighted to have the opportunity to send my child to such an amazing school.

Hilliard Horizon Elementary School
6000 Renner Rd, Columbus, OH  43228
Last modified Hilliard Horizon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilliard Horizon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top