Bad
Good

So far as a parent, I really like the school. My son has been going to wright elementary for 2 years now and he loves it. The teachers are extremely nice and helpful. And the reading recovery teacher is awesome! In response to the prude who left the 2 star rating back in January...The teachers do NOT dress like they are going to the club. They dress fashionable. stop being jealous because you can't pull off the look. Second they have a parent pick up/drop off section along the back of the school. Parents can drive( just follow the signs) and pick their kids up. Teachers are outside with them and they make sure the kids go with their parents. My son loves all the staff and the principal is nice and helps out with any concerns you may have. I'm sad that we will have to change to another Dublin elementary school since we will be moving. They also have a lot of activities such as movie night and carnipalooza.

I like this school very much. The new Principal is good and he is introducing new learning methods which are beneficial for students. The teachers are nice.

I have two sons that have gone to Daniel Wright and their experience there has been amazing. Every teacher they've had has gone out of their way to ensure that my bright sons remain challenged and engaged in their classes. I love the diversity of the students, the positive attitude of the teachers, and the continual communication to parents. I wouldn't send my kids to any other school in Dublin!

Personnel at this school are incredibly rude. My son attends the Head Start there and the parents, kids AND teachers of the program are treated with no respect. I had the Wright nurse tell me, "I have no association w/ THOSE kids." Those kids ARE going to be your kids next year!The kids have to have their class cut short 1/2 hour to accomodate Dublin's buses, the parents have to pick the kids up at a side door, which is a stairwell and the kids have to sit on the floor and be cold. There isn't enough room for all the parents to sign them out, so we have to stand out in the snow and rain while we wait. I've seen Dublin teachers do things that they shouldn't of, but this site won't let me tell you what they were. 95% of the staff dress like they are going to a club. Knee high boots, plunging necklines and leather jackets. Do they realize they are teaching elementary kids?! We are seriously considering moving so that our boys don't have to go here. Just because it's a "rich" area, does NOT mean it's a good school! Also, now seeing that the school only has a rating of 5....wow. The building itself is nice.

My daughter went to Kindergarten here and she and I both loved this school. I understand the previous principal was rather off putting for many parents, but he has left and the new principal is an absolute sweetheart. Everyone from the teachers to the janitor was kind and caring and the teacher-parent communication was excellent. The PTO here was also very active, welcoming and had excellent fundraiser opportunities that actually made sense. We moved down the street and my daughter is another Dublin elementary for first grade and though the school is not terrible, we both miss Daniel Wright.

My 3rd child is attending DW. All of my children have had IEP for LD's. I cant say enough about the LD teachers and their help with my children. This elementary has exceptional teachers. We only had one that we were disappointed with. We've seen 4 principals thru the 12 yrs I've had children in this school. Only one was hard to get to know. I have a child who will graduate next year from Dublin Schools, with High honors...I know its b/c of the great start he got at DW.

Daniel Wright is a great school! The staff members are caring and considerate, and the school itself is wonderful!

This school is absolutely wonderful! My son has learned so much, and they give him one on one attention.

My son has picked up very well in this school. I see the teachers here are very responsbile. I rate this school as excellent.

I do not care for the leadership qualities of the principal, but the teachers my child (who is a 5th grader) has had were absolutely great. The school is well integrated with children of many different cultures, unlike some other Dublin schools.

Last modified Daniel Wright Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.