Posted October 18, 2013
I currently have two children attending St. James the Less. They both seem to be doing very well. I love the multicultural feel of the school. This school focuses on helping children become well rounded individuals. The school does not seem to focus on creating "Catholics" but rather Christians. The students do learn about the sacraments and those that are Catholic receive them.

Posted February 07, 2013
My husband and I both went to this school and graduated in 01'. This year our daughter started the 1st grade. It was a wonderful school then and it is a wonderful school now. My daughter is advanced and the teachers accommodate her with extra curriculum to make sure she is challenged. Most of the teachers are the same ones that taught when I went there. My daughter s teacher is one of the newer ones and she does a wonderful job.

St James The Less School 2

Posted January 12, 2012
I currently have a student attending this school and very disappointed with the teachers and principal. The principal does not seem to know what is going on. Teachers are under qualified and the school has a high teacher turn-over rate. I feel my child is not getting a quality education. Do not send you child to this school. The Catholic Diocese needs to step in and totally revamp this school.

Posted June 12, 2011
I am a former student of this school, i went there for 4 years and the schools' academics are way behind all public schools even columbus public. They don't prepare students for the future at all. The teachers are rude- always yelling loudly at students, they spread rumors about students to other parents and they are certainly unqualified to teach. The school overall is dirty; there are roaches in the back of the cafeteria and bathrooms and theirs ants in the food. This school did not prepare me for high school only pushed me farther back, my parents wasted money on that school thinking since its a private school than the education would benefit me well. They regret every penny they spent on my tuition. It needs to be torn down or inspected. Those years i spent there were the worst years of my life. If you want your kid to be successful, avoid this school!

Posted May 22, 2011
The Principal needs to ask parents their feedback about the staff performance. Teacher aids are so under qualified to work with young children (K,1 and 2 grades). It does not feel like a religious environment whatsoever. They are always yelling, pulling and carrying unhappy faces. Every single time I volunteered I have seen the same teacher aid abusing young children. Ask your children...find out this info..it is so disappointing that the current principal is not aware of it.

Posted May 21, 2009

Posted October 22, 2008
My children have been going there since preschool. The teachers really care about the kids and will work with you to help them develop in to polite, caring, Christian adults.

Posted August 24, 2008
I went to St. James and graduated in 1984. I am still familiar with it and I can tell you that little has improved since I left. The school is in terrible shape and the teachers are sub-standard at best. I had a very bad experience there and I know from parents that have and have had children there that the present day situation is as bad and in some ways worse than when I attended. I honestly don't see how anyone could give this school a good review. The school should either be demolished and rebuilt or at minimum, repairs should be made. One would think that they would at least keep the school clean for the sake of the students health.

Posted August 04, 2008
Myself and my child love this school. I went there as a child, as did my entire family. I'm 40 now and my 7-year old has attended for 3 years. The staf is excellent!

St James The Less School 2

Posted June 02, 2008

St James The Less School
1628 Oakland Park Avenue, Columbus, OH  43224
Last modified St James The Less School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St James The Less School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.