PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Comment responses: - January 27, 2015: Thank you for your concerns. Our current principal actually has a certificate that was signed by the Diocesan Superintendent in April 2015, which according to Diocesan Policies, permits her to be principal. More information can be found: http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Teaching/Educator-Licensure/Apply-for-Certificate-License/Non-tax-Certificate-for-Non-public-Teachers-and-Ad And although she is new, our principal's passion for Catholic education is certainly evident, and she desires to continue to foster and build both academic excellence and spiritual growth at Saint Mary's. January 27, 2015: Thank you for taking an interest in your child's homework! Our teachers are always open and receptive to scheduling conferences, so a possible solution is to schedule a meeting with your child's teacher to find out what can be done to best meet his/her needs with regards to increasing the amount of homework.
February 11, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Supports LD students: Neutral

The school does offer "pull out services," but I don't think they have an especially strong special education strategy at this point.

Effective school leaders: Agree

Leadership has a set a clear vision for the school, put resources towards the schools priorities (e.g. data driven learning, new chapel space to support spiritual development, ample volunteer opportunities for families in order to build a strong school community).

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Love the kindness chart in my daughter's class room. It tracks every time a student is "caught" doing something kind for someone else.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I have seen our teachers use a variety of teach strategies and techniques. I also see my child learning more and more each week!

Amount of homework: Agree

The teachers communicate how the homework supports what the class is learning, and the they have been receptive to feedback about homework loads.

My first grader loves St Mary. The communication from the administration and teaching staff is outstanding. There are ample opportunities for families to become involved with the school (even for a working mom like me). Our family isn't catholic, but I appreciate efforts of the school to nurture the spiritual development of my daughter. The religious teachings at St Marys have sparked some great dinner conversations about the similarities and differences between Christianity and Catholicism. Also, I have met some really awesome parents at St Mary. Overall, a great educational experience.

My two children have been attending St Mary's for the past 6 years. Excellent education and caring staff. Both kids are above the national average in testing, and I believe it is due to St. Mary. The principal has been welcoming and available. We have loved the smaller classrooms especially for the younger grades. The parent/teacher/staff community is fantastic. We love all of the "extras" that make St Mary so special.

Our son has loved attending St. Mary's! Really great teachers and Ms. Walton is a wonderful principal. I highly recommend this school.

My daughter is beginning her 4th year at St.Marys and we couldn't Imagine going anywhere else. Fantastic,caring staff that has truly become like family. We feel very blessed to be a part of this school and community.

Saint Mary School is wonderful. The school is filled with loving children, parents, faculty, and staff. We are blessed to have Miss Walton as our Principal and grateful for her leadership!

Last modified St Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8