Posted January 14, 2014
Our children go to St. Catharine School. We have our last one of 5 in Kindergarden now. Couldn't be happier with the curriculum, sense of community, and faith-based education.

Posted August 20, 2013
This school is a gem. My Aunt Barbara Chavous (National Arts Endowment receiptant informed me (directly) that this is a school that doesn't look for attention and exceeds the standards for education. In fact, coming from a family that has multiple family members that have graduated from the likes of Harvard, Princeton, MIT, Howard, Spelman and Morehouse Universities. I would have no doubt that enrolling my child. Especially, for the best interest of my child.

Posted October 21, 2012
In our opinion they have failed to put our child best interest before their reputation. We feel strongly that the growth and achievement of our child in this school may be limited because, we feel that there is a lack of value, lack of responsibility, and lack of integrity from a staff and the leadership. From our experiences, we feels that they have failed to provide a positive learning environment for our child. We are moving to another school.

Posted April 05, 2012
I've had 4 children go through St. Catharine's and if we had 4 more, we'd do it all over again. The teachers and administration care deeply for the children and their mission and the results show it. The neighbood is fantastic with a great mix of young families, mature singles, and senior citizens. We moved to the neighborhood from out of town can't imagine a more welcoming community.

Posted September 25, 2010
This is our first year with St. Catherine, and we couldn't be any happier. The principal, teachers, and staff are wonderful and passionate about education for the children. We are very fortunate and grateful to be a part of a giving church and school.

Posted May 25, 2010
We bought a house in this neighborhood so we could send our kids to St. Catharine. I know many families who drive their children from suburbs to St. Catharine. The entire staff is fabulous! We love it here! Go Irish!

Posted February 09, 2010

Posted January 09, 2010
We have children at St.Catharine and family that attend another Catholic school on the north side. St.Catharine is NOT preparing our children for middle school/ high school like some of the other Catholic schools in the diocese. We are very unhappy with the lack of constructive teaching that is being done and the lack of stable leadership by the principal. It seems like the principal will not make any changes for the betterment of the children and is unable to notice that they ARE falling WAY BEHIND other schools. I think that because of where we live, we have to attend St.Catharine. Our only other choice is a failing Columbus public school in the area of town next to us that has a high amount of crime! We are stuck at St.Catharine school unless we move! Ask any parent..most all will agree..they have NO other options for schooling except homeschool.

Posted January 05, 2010
I moved out of a nearby, prestigous city to this neighborhood so I could send my children to St. Catharine School.

Posted December 31, 2009
The community is a wonderful environment for children, however, to say that we are in an upper-middle class is debatable. Our home, like most here, can be found for low to mid 100K-which isn't considered upper-middle class. There are 1 -2 young teachers that are dedicated to teaching the children properly and preparing them for future grades, but the majority are much beyond their prime and unfortunately it is the higher grade levels that encompass this group of teachers. The literature program is not sufficient for the students to be prepared for high school. In the English and Reading section for standardized testing they have faltered and when they attended high school, they were less than prepared as to the other students from different grade schools. It is not true to say this is one of the best schools in the dioceses. Sadly, I would not recommend this school.

St Catharine School
2865 Fair Avenue, Columbus, OH  43209
Last modified St Catharine School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Catharine School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.