PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

CSG has had an incredible impact on my daughters' lives. Because of the small class sizes, remarkable faculty who have the interest and time to really know each of their students, the varied opportunities available for self discovery, enjoyment of learning and leadership development, my daughters have launched their adult lives ready and eager to take on the world. They are confident in their skills and leadership abilities, willing to take risks and reach their true potential. Every parent in Columbus, who has a school age daughter, should explore CSG and see if it is the right fit for their daughter. You will not be disappointed!

I appreciate the way the school partners with families to meet the individual needs of each girl. My daughter struggled in several areas, and the faculty and administration supported her, believed in her, and encouraged her. Instead of feeling shamed for her short comings, she felt empowered and eventually turned around her poor study habits. It is obvious that my daughter is known well and valued for who she is.

Develops character: Strongly agree

With their honor code and respect for each student, CSG works to develop the whole student: academically, socially, and physically. CSG offers so many options for students to find their inner voice and empower them to reach their full potential. Currently the girls are working with a program called ROX: Ruling Our Experiences to allow the girls to know how to handle difficult situations they might encounter in the world. Emotional wellness is part of the daily curriculum. While the girls are taught they can do anything they work to achieve, they also are taught how to plan for unexpected challenges. The classes are rigorous but they are supported in many ways. Her teachers know her personal needs and interests in small class sizes. She has time in the evenings to support friendships and find success outside of school as well. I just can't imagine my daughter attending any other school.

Interestingly, female teachers at this school exercise strong negative bias towards girls. One of the high school female math teacher uses intimidation and belittling of students as an approach to teach math. Even after reporting multiple times, the school administration did nothing. Everyone there knows who this teacher is. If you want your daughter to develop interest in Math and Sciences, this is not the school. Actually, teachers here openly practice negative approaches including yelling and bullying. I was shocked, but the administration expects you to be not surprised. So it will go on and on because it is condoned. This is not the kind of behaviors you want your daughter exposed to especially after paying that much money. Starting this year the high school administration got into wrong hands. The new high school administrator is very teacher focused. It is difficult to change schools once you get in. I would save the money for college.

Sadly declining in quality with plummeting enrollment, loss of excellent faculty, high turn over of administration and loss of excellent programs / teachers in the last 6 years. Not worth the high tuition anymore. There are much better options for a high quality education.

I am a current senior at CSG, and I have attended CSG since fourth grade. I was the chubby kid in grade school, shy and insecure. I believe that CSG changed me. When I visited the school, I found the environment so welcoming, and I made friends immediately. Since then, I've done things I never thought I would do. I was never athletic, but I joined the Cross Country team in ninth grade. If I had been at a school with a really competitive, exclusive athletic program, I would have been afraid to try out for the team, but I felt welcomed by the coach and my teammates. The academics are outstanding. I've heard from alumnae that attended Ivy League colleges that their freshman year there was less difficult than their senior year at CSG was. Also, the communications department doesn't brag about the fact that over 10% of my class got an ACT score of 35 or above. However, I would tell any prospective student not to be afraid of CSG's strong academics because the teachers are so kind and supportive. And, if you're willing to stretch yourself, you will find a loving community, and you will be so glad you took the risk. Being at CSG has helped me accomplish more than I ever thought I could.

CSG is exactly what my daughter needed! She was performing well at our public school but needed a more challenging environment. CSG has been all of that and more. She is certainly well on her way to becoming a more independent, well-spoken, polished young woman. "All girl" is the only way for us. I fully expect her to attend a top-level college and the best investment I can think of, is our children. I am happy to say we are a CSG family and thrilled with our change.

The level and intensity of education is unparalleled at CSG. You will not find a more challenging program for a student! However I entered CSG in the Upper Form and it was crippling socially. I felt very excluded from social circles because I was not a "lifer" like many. I was used to have a lot of friends so it was a shock to enter such a clique-y landscape and have very few friends. My parents removed me after one year because I was so unhappy. Overall the staff and education were AMAZING! It was difficult for me to switch from a public high school to CSG but the teachers worked very hard to get me into the groove of things. I learned as much at CSG in one year as I did my other 3 years in public high school. I would recommend this school to parents who plan on sending their children there K-12 or for students who haven't an avid interest in large groups of friends who enter later.

My daughter is thriving in the Program for Young Children at CSG. This is a discovery-based education that empowers the girls to inquire, research, collaborate and solve problems. Unlike many other early education programs, CSG is not focused on classroom management or tedious academic tasks, but on each girl's learning and development that emphasizing the PROCESS of learning. The PYC establishes a wonderful platform for learning. The teachers are so dedicated to the girls and accessible at all times to the parents. The student and parent population is wonderfully diverse. At this young age when girls are far advanced to boys in fine motor skills and impulse control, I'm happy that my daughter can be in an all-girls learning environment that is so advanced for girls at this age. I have struggled to find a school as nurturing and engaging as CSG is, for my son. We could not be happier with our choice to send our daughter to CSG for her early childhood education.

I have been a parent at CSG for 11 years. My girls have completely different learning styles and I can't imagine my girls anyplace else! Like any other public online site, I do feel some of the negative posts here are not from our girls or our parents. The CSG alumnae who have posted comments say it best: our girls are confident, poised and so well prepared for college. We have amazing college counselors and our girls are accepted into top colleges across the nation mostly in Engineering and Science majors. I just completed the process with my oldest and can't say enough good things about our college process. The school sells itself, just visit and speak to a CSG girl....you will be amazed! My girls throw on a skirt and polo, hair in a ponytail, no make-up...no boys to impress and no boy drama, the entire day is dedicated to learning without distractions. No other place like it in the Columbus area!

Last modified Columbus School For Girls is a Private school that serves grades PK-12