Columbus, OH
Before care: Yes

Posted November 26, 2014
I am a current senior at CSG, and I have attended CSG since fourth grade. I was the chubby kid in grade school, shy and insecure. I believe that CSG changed me. When I visited the school, I found the environment so welcoming, and I made friends immediately. Since then, I've done things I never thought I would do. I was never athletic, but I joined the Cross Country team in ninth grade. If I had been at a school with a really competitive, exclusive athletic program, I would have been afraid to try out for the team, but I felt welcomed by the coach and my teammates. The academics are outstanding. I've heard from alumnae that attended Ivy League colleges that their freshman year there was less difficult than their senior year at CSG was. Also, the communications department doesn't brag about the fact that over 10% of my class got an ACT score of 35 or above. However, I would tell any prospective student not to be afraid of CSG's strong academics because the teachers are so kind and supportive. And, if you're willing to stretch yourself, you will find a loving community, and you will be so glad you took the risk. Being at CSG has helped me accomplish more than I ever thought I could.

Posted October 01, 2014
CSG is exactly what my daughter needed! She was performing well at our public school but needed a more challenging environment. CSG has been all of that and more. She is certainly well on her way to becoming a more independent, well-spoken, polished young woman. "All girl" is the only way for us. I fully expect her to attend a top-level college and the best investment I can think of, is our children. I am happy to say we are a CSG family and thrilled with our change.

Columbus School For Girls 1

Posted April 03, 2014
'This is the way it's done, so deal with it attitude' is across the school. Old fashioned, lagging behind in several areas of the teacher-student environment, too expensive for what it is worth. Teacher communication and quality has been poor with 75% of the teachers.

Columbus School For Girls 3

Posted June 19, 2012
The level and intensity of education is unparalleled at CSG. You will not find a more challenging program for a student! However I entered CSG in the Upper Form and it was crippling socially. I felt very excluded from social circles because I was not a "lifer" like many. I was used to have a lot of friends so it was a shock to enter such a clique-y landscape and have very few friends. My parents removed me after one year because I was so unhappy. Overall the staff and education were AMAZING! It was difficult for me to switch from a public high school to CSG but the teachers worked very hard to get me into the groove of things. I learned as much at CSG in one year as I did my other 3 years in public high school. I would recommend this school to parents who plan on sending their children there K-12 or for students who haven't an avid interest in large groups of friends who enter later.

Posted May 11, 2012
My daughter is thriving in the Program for Young Children at CSG. This is a discovery-based education that empowers the girls to inquire, research, collaborate and solve problems. Unlike many other early education programs, CSG is not focused on classroom management or tedious academic tasks, but on each girl's learning and development that emphasizing the PROCESS of learning. The PYC establishes a wonderful platform for learning. The teachers are so dedicated to the girls and accessible at all times to the parents. The student and parent population is wonderfully diverse. At this young age when girls are far advanced to boys in fine motor skills and impulse control, I'm happy that my daughter can be in an all-girls learning environment that is so advanced for girls at this age. I have struggled to find a school as nurturing and engaging as CSG is, for my son. We could not be happier with our choice to send our daughter to CSG for her early childhood education.

Posted January 02, 2012
I have been a parent at CSG for 11 years. My girls have completely different learning styles and I can't imagine my girls anyplace else! Like any other public online site, I do feel some of the negative posts here are not from our girls or our parents. The CSG alumnae who have posted comments say it best: our girls are confident, poised and so well prepared for college. We have amazing college counselors and our girls are accepted into top colleges across the nation mostly in Engineering and Science majors. I just completed the process with my oldest and can't say enough good things about our college process. The school sells itself, just visit and speak to a CSG girl....you will be amazed! My girls throw on a skirt and polo, hair in a ponytail, no make-up...no boys to impress and no boy drama, the entire day is dedicated to learning without distractions. No other place like it in the Columbus area!

Posted December 12, 2011
I have three daughters at CSG and I am extremely pleased with the new direction the Head of School is taking with the curriculum. I have always loved the lower school and believe hands down that CSG does the best job of teaching girls how to think critically even at the earliest ages. My oldest daughter is in upper school and the course offerings have really expanded and become far more challenging. I cannot say enough good things about the teachers- they clearly love what they do because the attention and the dedication they shower on these girls to help them find success is breathtaking. I am so grateful . I have sons at the Academy and still believe CSG is the best education for girls. .

Posted November 01, 2011
My daughter started middle school here after a few years at a poor school. She was behind and had some learning issues. It would be difficult to overstate how skillfully the school has handled this child and her issues. We have met numerous times to create a plan for her. She is in tutoring (no extra cost) and she is getting support from her entire "advisory" - her grade's faculty. She has not been made to feel different or "stupid" - quite the opposite. She is rising to the challenge of the academic curriculum, the exceptional teaching, and the ''whole person" approach to learning that includes drama, music, art, as well as rigorous academics. Sign me, a grateful parent.

Posted August 15, 2011
My daughter began attending this school in kindergarten and I could not be happier with this institution. CSG emphasizes self-development, self-empowerment, and self-confidence over anything. When those areas of the self are strong, academic achievement becomes a natural progression and realization. These girls are not afraid to try new things and are continually encouraged to explore new academic/self-domains. These girls go on to be leaders in their industries. They leave this school confident and self-assured. The community environment adds to a collective effort and responsibility for the education and development of all the girls at this school.

Posted February 01, 2011
My daughter came to CSG as a Junior. She was immediately accepted by the Junior class. Her growth just during the two years that she attended CSG was amazing. She became much more confident and a much better student. CSG prepared her very well for college level work. I am very thankful for the time she spent at CSG and only wish she could have gone earlier to the school.

Columbus School For Girls
56 South Columbia Avenue, Columbus, OH  43209
Last modified Columbus School For Girls is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Columbus School For Girls Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top