Posted September 25, 2014
My children have been attending Clintonville Academy since 2002. I have a graduate, an 8th grader and a 4th grader. This school teaches its students to be global citizens. They teach to the student and not to the test. This strategy helps students succeed. They use the Iowa test as their academic benchmark, where students consistently score higher than their grade level. Two of my kids can be a little "quirky", but Clintonville Academy embraces differences and celebrates each student for the gifts they bring. This isn't just a school - they are my family.

Posted May 08, 2014
Our three children attended Clintonville Academy K-8, from 1995-2014. We began at CA as an alternative the Public Schools. Two of our neighbors had not had positive experiences with the neighborhood school, but several others gave very positive reviews of Clintonville Academy. And, even after the local schools began to improve, the quality of the educational environment at CA kept our family there. CA, with its small class size and positive and stable learning environment, provided our children with a great education. This was most evident when they went to a much larger High School, and found that they were very well prepared. The teachers and Administration at CA are able to focus on what each child needs, and gives them the tools and opportunity to succeed. We also appreciated the high expectations of the students, both academically and socially, that were fully supported by the teachers and Administration.

Posted September 03, 2013
I would love to look past a few bad reviews but whatever this school used to be it is no longer. Kindergarten was good but beyond that leaving was the best thing we ever did. If you have other good choices I suggest taking them. There is a lack of academic leadership that is far reaching. Though the majority of staff are sweet and friendly the standards are not what I expected with private school. Now that we are somewhere else I realize how a well run school with standards to be met operates.

Posted March 20, 2013
Clintonville Academy is a small, independent school that is a partnership formed by parents, students and the faculty. It can help a struggling child achieve and a gifted child excel. Having read the comments below and being a parent of two very different learners at the school it is clear to me that those who believe writing a check for tuition is the only role in their part of the partnership are not going to be happy with the CA experience. Parents and students who are committed to communication with the staff and who understand that there is real "work" to learning as well as some of the best learning happens when students aren't sitting rigidly in desks- pencils in hand- will be delighted and amazed with the CA community. Finally, as the parent of older children who have gone on to top colleges and universities, I can honestly say my younger children are getting a far better education and lessons for studying and life then my older two did at their schools - I can't imagine where their journey will go :-)

Posted November 07, 2012
Please look past the few negative reviews here.Many of our CA grads go on to be at the top of their class at DeSales, Watterson and elsewhere, not to mention our Iowa test scores are off the charts. We personally have 3 children enrolled at Clintonville Academy. In our 8 years at CA we have found it to have greatly exceeded our expectations. It is a nurturing, warm environment that encourages learning and gives my kids a place that feels like an extended family, not just a school. There are small class sizes so all of the kids get a lot of one-on-one time with teachers and there is great parent involvement at the school like helping to put on events, walk-a-thons, food drives, Halloween parties, class trips, sports, and so on- we saved $850 off tuition to be crossing guards. As invested parents, this is by far the best decision we have ever made in regards to our kids' education and welfare.

Posted July 03, 2012
Dont go there if you have another choice of schools. My child went there and now our family goes to another school. Over all leaving Clintonville Academy was the best choice for our family. I will say that in Kindergarten my child had a really good time, but when it comes to doing real work and getting homework they are not the best school to go to.

Posted November 27, 2011
We have been there for 9 years, My son is very ready for the next step"High School" Can not say enough good things about this school. Please check it out.

Posted September 18, 2011
After getting custody of my husband's pre-teen daughter, yet unable to move out of the Columbus Public School district at the time, we searched for a quality, private school we could afford on our budget. Clintonville Academy (CA) met and has exceeded our expectations. The size of the school may be small, but the heart of the faculty, staff, parents, and children of this school is big. The educated, nurturing teachers at CA ensure an enriching and challenging curriculum, preparing students for higher level education. The size of the facility ensures small classes (no more than 20 students for each grade), social interaction at all grade levels, inventive use of space both at the site and in the larger community (which means lots of fieldtrips), along with a tight-knit community atmosphere. The location of the school (right off 71) and latchkey program provided before and after school ensures convenience for working parents. Our older daughter came out of her shell at Clintonville Academy, and is now doing very well at Dublin Scioto High School. We now have our Kindergarten daughter enrolled there, and we are confident she will be as prepared and loved there as her sister was.

Posted September 06, 2011
This is a fine school if your child is average. The teachers for the most part are adequate and teach to the mean. If your student fits this average profile--working at or slightly below grade level--then they can competently teach at least through elementary grades. Math and Science in the middle school grades are not adequate. My child was not equipped for high school work and she was exceedingly bright. There are a couple of wonderful teachers, but they are few and far between. For the most part this school, which began as a response to desegregation in the mid-70s, is a below par education.

Posted July 28, 2010
I am a student here and have been here since kindergarden (they didnt have pre-k when i started) and i love this school. I love how the teachers teach and they push you very hard to learn things. Sometimes we get annoyed with all the work we put in to our work, but we know that it will pay off when we grow older. We don't even pay attention to how small the school is or that it doesn't have a gym. For gym we get to go places like swimming, bowling, or to whetstone park. A foreign language is required starting at pre-k. I LOVE IT!

Clintonville Academy