Posted December 05, 2014
Our daughter began attending Clintonville Academy (CA) for Kindergarten and is now in 1st grade. Our decision to put our daughter in a private school with good public schools available was difficult. We decided to visit CA and were very impressed with the personal attention the students receive. They are treated with respect and in turn, the students are very respectful. Well into the 2nd year now, things have only gotten better. Our daughter is thriving. She is proud of her French speaking skills and finds math to be "easy". The first grade teacher is exceptional. With small class sizes, the students get a great balance between classroom instruction, personal instruction, and group learning, as well as plenty of time to release all that energy that 6-7 year-old children have. The school is wonderfully diverse and focused on the individual needs of the child and setting the foundation set for a lifetime of enjoyable learning. Parents play a vital role. Parents who do not want to play an active role in their child's education should look elsewhere. We are looking forward to several more years at Clintonville Academy, and more importantly, so is our daughter.

Posted November 16, 2014
We just started at Clintonville Academy with our first child in kindergarten. Where we live our public school options weren t strong enough. After much time researching alternative schools and other private school options this was our top choice. (And the EduChoice Scholarship was also a great perk) We love the intimate size of the classes and so far it s been really positive for the learning and development of our child. I also appreciate the family-like atmosphere of the school - we already know most of the teachers and families that have students in the same class. There are many opportunities to get involved at the school, in whatever way you are able to (both my husband and I work full time and we have 3 kids, so although it's important for us to stay connected, the flexibility to choose how we can best contribute is awesome) We are encouraged to provide feedback and have ample opportunities to learn more about how we can support our child's educational experience. On top of having such a positive learning environment, family engagement, and welcoming atmosphere, our daughter loves going to school so much that she doesn t want to leave when I come to get her each day!

Posted November 16, 2014
We started at CA, nearly 3 years ago in the Pre-K program. At the time we were at a daycare that we loved, but found that our daughter was getting bored. We knew that CA was an option, but hadn't done our research as parents. After a visit, I was happy to find a place very much like the school I attended - a small school focused on student achievement in small classrooms providing quality education to every child. CA is a place where parent involvement is key to each child's success, and the success of the school. A place where discipline issues are not tolerated. A place where teachers are not teaching to a test, but rather to the children sitting in front of them. The school, while small, does so much to create experiences with field trips and community service projects. There is before & after school latchkey. Sports opportunities are limited, but available whenever possible. The teachers seem to love the school and the students. Administration is open and listens to concerns. Our family has found a community where we can belong, feel engaged & believe that we are an integral part of our child's education.

Posted September 25, 2014
My children have been attending Clintonville Academy since 2002. I have a graduate, an 8th grader and a 4th grader. This school teaches its students to be global citizens. They teach to the student and not to the test. This strategy helps students succeed. They use the Iowa test as their academic benchmark, where students consistently score higher than their grade level. Two of my kids can be a little "quirky", but Clintonville Academy embraces differences and celebrates each student for the gifts they bring. This isn't just a school - they are my family.

Posted May 08, 2014
Our three children attended Clintonville Academy K-8, from 1995-2014. We began at CA as an alternative the Public Schools. Two of our neighbors had not had positive experiences with the neighborhood school, but several others gave very positive reviews of Clintonville Academy. And, even after the local schools began to improve, the quality of the educational environment at CA kept our family there. CA, with its small class size and positive and stable learning environment, provided our children with a great education. This was most evident when they went to a much larger High School, and found that they were very well prepared. The teachers and Administration at CA are able to focus on what each child needs, and gives them the tools and opportunity to succeed. We also appreciated the high expectations of the students, both academically and socially, that were fully supported by the teachers and Administration.

Clintonville Academy 1

Posted September 03, 2013
I would love to look past a few bad reviews but whatever this school used to be it is no longer. Kindergarten was good but beyond that leaving was the best thing we ever did. If you have other good choices I suggest taking them. There is a lack of academic leadership that is far reaching. Though the majority of staff are sweet and friendly the standards are not what I expected with private school. Now that we are somewhere else I realize how a well run school with standards to be met operates.

Posted March 20, 2013
Clintonville Academy is a small, independent school that is a partnership formed by parents, students and the faculty. It can help a struggling child achieve and a gifted child excel. Having read the comments below and being a parent of two very different learners at the school it is clear to me that those who believe writing a check for tuition is the only role in their part of the partnership are not going to be happy with the CA experience. Parents and students who are committed to communication with the staff and who understand that there is real "work" to learning as well as some of the best learning happens when students aren't sitting rigidly in desks- pencils in hand- will be delighted and amazed with the CA community. Finally, as the parent of older children who have gone on to top colleges and universities, I can honestly say my younger children are getting a far better education and lessons for studying and life then my older two did at their schools - I can't imagine where their journey will go :-)

Posted November 07, 2012
Please look past the few negative reviews here.Many of our CA grads go on to be at the top of their class at DeSales, Watterson and elsewhere, not to mention our Iowa test scores are off the charts. We personally have 3 children enrolled at Clintonville Academy. In our 8 years at CA we have found it to have greatly exceeded our expectations. It is a nurturing, warm environment that encourages learning and gives my kids a place that feels like an extended family, not just a school. There are small class sizes so all of the kids get a lot of one-on-one time with teachers and there is great parent involvement at the school like helping to put on events, walk-a-thons, food drives, Halloween parties, class trips, sports, and so on- we saved $850 off tuition to be crossing guards. As invested parents, this is by far the best decision we have ever made in regards to our kids' education and welfare.

Clintonville Academy 1

Posted July 03, 2012
Dont go there if you have another choice of schools. My child went there and now our family goes to another school. Over all leaving Clintonville Academy was the best choice for our family. I will say that in Kindergarten my child had a really good time, but when it comes to doing real work and getting homework they are not the best school to go to.

Posted November 27, 2011
We have been there for 9 years, My son is very ready for the next step"High School" Can not say enough good things about this school. Please check it out.

Clintonville Academy