Posted September 17, 2014
I like my daughter s preschool class and teacher, the one thing I do not like is that it is not very organized. They are having a apple fest and want the parents to provide all the items on the list. The only thing is that they sent the list home on Tuesday 9/16/14 and need to the items on Thursday 9/18/14, so you mean to tell me that they had no idea they needed this stuff weeks ago? A 1 day notice is not acceptable. I'm not a parent who is fortunate enough to have Title XX so I am paying full tuition out of pocket and it seems like every time I look up they need money for something, I also feel like lunch should be included in the tuition. Overall I like the school for my 4 year old but they need to send out papers with more than a days notice when asking for parents involvement.

Posted June 09, 2014
Hello my children attendant S.C.A. For two years. There are two teachers that I would recommend to anyone, Ms. Lee and Ms. Franklin they did a superb job with my children (the entire class). I can't thank S.C.A. Enough for bringing out the gift of singing in my child. Kudos to you Ms. Lee!!!! And Kudos to you Ms. Parron on your first year as principal of S.C.A. And, Ms Franklin the way the children love you speaks for itself.

Posted May 30, 2014
HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. The administration and teaching staff are terrible and unprofessional!!!! The school and staff used to be a great institution, but the reputation lately is at an all time low. This school is depressing!

Sonshine Christian Academy 2

Posted May 07, 2014
Sonshine in the past had a good reputation, but not presently. Academically, they are below standards. Staff are unprofessional and rude to students. The kids are disrespectful and do what they want. There is no strong leadership and discipline problems are great and that contributes to their low enrollment. I look for this school to close their doors very soon.

Posted March 27, 2013
In the past I heard nothing but great reviews about Sonshine as it related to the quality of its education, teachers and staff so naturally it was my first choice in schools for my son. I do believe that Sonshine started with a great foundation and was once a great institution. Unfortunately I am unable to say that I've had a good experience. Some of the staff members are warm and genuninely caring while others are more cold and rude. Administration is often very unorganized, rules and regulations are created on the fly, some staff members seem to not have the ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner. I cant say all this and not point out that the pre-k - k curriculum is beyond amazing. Its a very exceptional program, however all of the other downfalls within the school and its adminstration overcloud the greatness within that program. Enrollment is now extremely low and its unfortunate that what was known to be an exceptional organization appears to be on a downward spriral and I dont see that changing. This program likely needs a brand new administration. My teacher rating reflects my son's current teacher. She is outstanding, the administration is poor.

Posted March 05, 2013
When my daugther first attended Sonshine the staff was exceptional. Very professional, and on track to help the child succeed. Over the past years I have seen & witnessed the school go down. The fact that the school is located in a neighborhood in which shootings, killings, and drug bust happen continually and the staff still feels the need to send the kids outside.Not only that the front office staff is very unprofessional. None of the policies or procedures are consistent. Many of the times, the front office will implement ad-hoc policies and again never really focus on being consistent with the enforcement. The way the teachers talk to the kids is belittling and rude. There is a way to talk to a kid to help them understand a situation and help the child to understand why their behavior will not be tolerated. I have never prayed for the end of the year to come any faster. It is sad because I absolutely adore my child's teacher. She is great and very professional with the kids. If you are paying anything ensure you have documentation afterwards because they are horrible at keeping up with your payments. This is another reason why enrollment is very low and keeps decreasing.

Posted May 08, 2012
This school staff should have the love of God in their hearts. Staff was rude and they mistreated my children. Some of the teachers were nice but some bad apples spoiled it for the rest of them. Also, they didn t help my children approve academically.

Posted December 02, 2011
My daughter attends SCA and she absolutely loves it. She is so excited to go to school and learn about GOD. She can recite almost all of the books of the bible, and she can quote scriptures...She has grown so much, socially, mentally, and spritually. She is currently in Pre-K 4 and she loves her teacher and classmates.

Sonshine Christian Academy 5

Posted July 01, 2010
My daughter has been a student at Sonshine Christian Academy since pre-school and I love the education that she has received every year. She has been taught leadership skills and confidence in the Lord. She is challenged and given an opportunity to shine in many different activities. I am very proud of the young lady that she has become and I have Sonshine Christian Academy to thank for a least 50% of it! Very happy!

Sonshine Christian Academy 5

Posted April 24, 2010
A very dedicated staff and principal. My children are doing extremely well at SCA. I am very pleased with their success.

Sonshine Christian Academy
3400 Kohr Blvd., Columbus, OH  43224
Last modified Sonshine Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Sonshine Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top