Posted March 07, 2014
I'm very proud to be graduating from a school like Wellington this coming June. I have had a fantastic experience in the Upper School, where bullying is not tolerated under any circumstances. Faculty, but most impressively students, in the Upper School are motivated to make the Upper School a cohesively friendly environment. Academically, Wellington does a fantastic job of offering intellectually challenging courses in all of the scholastic fields (humanities, STEM, fine arts, etc). On one hand it's great because I've been able to focus on my academic passions (writing and French). On the other hand it allows students who might not be interested in a certain field to take an interesting course to fulfill a particular credit. For example, I've taken Cryptography and Quantitative Analysis in order to fulfill my math credit this year. The teachers here are passionate about the subjects they teach. Students who value the rewards of hard work and education do really well here. Student academic motivation has been a problem in some cases, but it's not an overall reflection of the student-body. I do believe Wellington has prepared me for my future, and I'm happy it was a great fit.

Posted February 25, 2014
Wellington has been a wonderful environment for our family. We are heavily involved in the school and are experienced with other independent schools. Wellington is not only an excellent academic institution that prepares each of its students to succeed in college, the curriculum is designed to cultivate creativity and individual talent. Those families who would like for their children to discover their unique potential should explore Wellington. It is a unique offering in Columbus.

Posted February 13, 2014
All three of my children attended Wellington K-12, and we could not have had a better experience. The innovative curriculum truly prepared my children for TODAYS world, where the demands are not about what you memorize, but how you learn, communicate and collaborate. Wellington provided my children with the confidence to be their best selves, to be curious about the world, with a grounding of solid midwest values. All three have had/are having successful college experiences. All three play/ed college athletics (including Division 1). All three are out in the world engaged in meaningful, global experiences. For the better part of our time at Wellington, I was a single mom. The environment was so incredibly supportive, truly partnering with me to help me raise my kids. I am forever grateful. I am an entrepreneur/business owner for over 30 years; I have worked with many Fortune 500 leaders in my life, and I can honestly say the leadership of this school is top notch. The school continues to get better and better. I hope someday I'll have grandchildren who will have the chance to go to Wellington.

Posted February 12, 2014
Our daughter attends Wellington, and we are so fortunate to have this school in our community. I also attended Wellington K-12. My experience had an immeasurable impact on my education and life. Wellington is and has always been a wonderful environment for the students to learn, be challenged, build confidence, and build lifelong friendships. The entirety of the experience at Wellington from the excellent academics to the innovative curriculum and community are excellent.

Posted December 02, 2013
Our family is new to Wellington this year and I cannot say enough good things about the school. A few things that stand out are the small class sizes, the curriculum and the sense of community. When you walk through the halls you see happy, confident students. My son has learned so much in a short amount of time. Highly recommended.

Posted November 30, 2013
Our son loves Wellington: his classroom and summer options experiences have been wonderful. We initially choose The Wellington school for its promise of an innovative, individualized learning environment. Not only have they lived up to this promise, but we have joined a true community focused on our children's learning. He has been challenged intellectually and creatively by a staff of caring teachers. At four, he talked of being at Wellington until he goes to college. We cannot imagine any other place for him to grow and learn.

Posted October 27, 2013
We have been at Wellington for six years and our girls absolutely love it. I am amazed by the wonderful teachers, low student/teacher ratio, and the individual instruction they receive. Kids are constantly challenged by the learning in each subject. If they are gifted in math, they have the opportunity to learn from a wonderful extension teacher, but if they need extra help in reading, their classroom teacher/learning guide or the learning specialist provides that instruction. It is worth every penny we pay. I also love the attention to building character and encouragement to try new things. It is by far the best school in central Ohio!

Posted October 22, 2013
We have a son in first grade, he started with Wellington in Kindergarten. Our primary objectives were to find a school that taught the "whole child" (character development as well as education) and a school that challenges each child to advance to their highest level possible. Those objectives are in Wellington's DNA. There are character development classes starting in Kindergarten where kids discuss and role play different social situations they might encounter. They have an opportunity to think about conflict resolution and what to do not just when you are being bullied but when you see someone else being picked on. The class size is small enough (18 students to 1.5 teachers) that education differentiation is easy to accomodate with breakout groups for kids that are advancing and those that need extra time. Best of all, when he walks down the hallway he's greeted by students of all grades (they have Senior Buddies) and teachers I haven't met before. Students are expected to be kind to each other while becoming the best student they can be. We're very happy with Wellington.

Posted October 22, 2013
The Wellington School gives my child a higher degree of individualized attention than my local, high performing suburban school district can. You can't argue with student teacher ratios and how they impact learning: My son's class at Wellington is 1:7, our highly rated public school district he would be in a class of 23-24 with one teacher. When you have to teach to pass standardized tests at public schools, I don't believe even with the best teachers and intentions you can focus on the high achieving when you have to ensure everyone passes. Individualized, challenging but innovative curriculum is the difference that Wellington has given my child. He isn't constrained by what his grade is doing- even in lower school. He can take 4th grade math while in his classroom if he is ready for it and wants it, instead of sitting bored during lessons he already mastered. He is challenged to think and create in a way that is creating this innovative little mind. We couldn't be more thrilled with our investment in our biggest asset, our child.

Posted October 21, 2013
My child has attended Wellington since he was 4 years old and he is now in the 7th grade. He is a kid who doesn't like the spotlight or getting noticed. Wellington is the best thing to happen to him. He has had positive encouragement, works well in groups, presents before his classmates, and has had a wide variety of teachers with different styles so has been exposed to lots of different ways of learning. He knows kids from all over the city. He is called out when he is in the wrong and encouraged when it is needed. Wellington is a great school with a strong academic record filled with adults who care about kids.

The Wellington School
3650 Reed Rd, Columbus, OH  43220
Last modified The Wellington School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
The Wellington School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews.