PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

My kids have been going to school here since July of 2014. I love the staff there. They communicate well when things occur, my children are very comfortable with the teachers, and my kids have learned a lot since they have been going there.

One star is an overstatement. Yes this daycare is a southside institution but the quality of childcare over the years has gone into the toilet, none of the "teachers" aka sitters have degrees in Early Childhood development and most probably have no experience working with children other than their own. The staff turnover rate is very high and I suspect it is because they hire whomever is willing to try and work 8 hours a day with children. I love my child but I know I am not cut out to work with kids all day and neither are these women. I am certain it would raise the cost (for those of us who actually pay) but I know I would pay extra to have qualified people dealing with my child

I was very disappointed with this school. I can only speak from the daycare perspective as my child was 4 when she attended for 2 months. The "teachers" were no more than babysitters. None (that I knew of) had degrees in early childhood education or were even attempting such. Some only had a GED. When I dropped my child off in the mornings, the TV was on in the class. When I picked her up at 5:10, all the kids (different ages) were in a common "theatre" area, again, watching a movie. It was pathetic. I've never heard of exposing young children to so much TV. Given the number of children that attend, I would say the owners are more interested in the money than the children.

This school has been on the south side forever. I went there as a kid and now my kids attend there too. I love their playgrounds! The staff is nice and the office people are really helpful in filling out paperwork. I do not think the other people who have reviewed negatively really gave the school a chance. It may have been that they were expecting perfection. As for my experience, my kids are safe ar CA and that really matters to me.

I went to this school for several years as a child. I can remember some of the teachers handling the children a bit too rough, at times. i doubt they still work there, I'm 24 now. I do remember the teachers putting a blanket over my head at nap time and talking to the other teachers for the whole time. I know this is a parents worst fear.. always make sure your children are under good care. I remember not being able to breathe and the teacher ignoring my crying. Other than that, I had an overall good experience. A few bad apples may have been taken out by now!

childrens academy is a wonderful place where your children can goits so.........safe.....thats why i love it

We did not have a similar experience with the school as the other posters did. I wouldn't even give the school 1 star. It suffers from some very rudimental dysfunctions including providing unbiased, clear cut directives for the staff and for the students. It could prove to be a dangerous environment for impressionable young minds and easily influenced parents

I have never wrote a review before but I feel that I need to share about Children's Academy. My daughters are very happy here and I believe that they are getting a top rate education! The owners and family have been committed to our community and we are very lucky to have them around.

Children's Academy is a traditional school and has a genuinely caring staff. It says something when the majority of the teachers and staff have been there for years. I love that my children come home with shoes filled with sand (I know they had fun playing outside) and loads of fun but educational projects each week. I have the distinct priviledge of knowing about several child care centers in the Tampa area and I have to say that Children's Academy is one of the most positively well-known in the whole area. I work in a high school near by and I can always tell what students attended Children's Academy by their sparkling energy for education and distinct mature etiquette. I would highly recemmend Children's Academy.

Last modified Children's Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-2