Posted November 03, 2013
As a father I feel blessed that both of my children had the opportunity to go to Mansion. My oldest went there for 3 yrs and my youngest 1 yr. The experience truly provided a solid foundation for both of my children. The expectations, teaching, administration, and the environment as a whole was incredible to say the least. The principal was firm, but loving, considerate, but decisive, and most importantly, open to doing whatever was needed to improve the school, in addition to the overall success of each child! My son called me at work from school and mentioned he wasn't feeling well. I knew it wasn't as bad as he said and asked to speak with the principal. She knew my son, in addition to each child well enough, to know what they could handle, in addition to how to get the best results from them. Our son stayed at school and ended up having an incredible rest of the day. The only reason why my children didn't continue at Mansion is because we moved to TX. Experiencing school systems outside of Mansion allowed me to see how great of a school it really is. The only bad thing about Mansion was comparing every other school to it (Didn't compare) and the fact that it's not in TX also!

Posted October 22, 2013
If you want to give your child the best foundation for success in middle school, high school, college, and thereon, this is the ONLY elementary school you should consider. In addition to its rigorous and unparalleled curriculum, the Mansion family builds the character, confidence, and integrity of its students by way of unwaveringly high expectations and solid example. Because of his Mansion Day School experience, my son can comfortably address a roomful of 100+ adults with great confidence, and still connect with his peers in an intimate conversation. He is socially and academically, highly prepared to succeed in a global community, yet possesses the resilience to conquer the challenges that await him. All of these factors can be attributed to his attendance and success at Mansion Day School. I would recommend this school to anyone who cares about his/her child's future and ability to compete in "the real world". Children feel safe in this familial environment, allowing them to develop, succed, and even fail without judgment. Love and an undeniable desire to see your child fulfill his/her potential fill the halls of this exceptional school.

Posted October 15, 2013
The education our daughter receives at Mansion Day School is outstanding. It is also a great value when compared to other private schools. The teachers are dedicated to our students and go above and beyond their responsibilities as a teacher. The students have a great rapport with their teachers. The teachers are broadening their horizons. I think what our children receive on a daily basis outweighs any challenges that we experience due to a small administrative staff. Mansion is more than a school. At Mansion, we are family! I encourage all parents in the columbus area to come and catch the Mansion Magic!

Mansion Day School 3

Posted August 15, 2013
I think that the education at MDS is superb; however, the administration is not up to par. I am very big on communication and this is something that is obviously not important to them. We were planning on our children attending this expensive school. We did the tour, the visit the class day, and was given our acceptance letter into the school. We were never given a start date or anything and after many phone calls and emails to the school, none were ever returned. To my disbelief, we were given a call back when it was time to enroll for the foloowing school year. Umm NO we will not be enrolling. If you cant communicate with me when I am trying to send my child there, what would make me comfortable to believe that you will communicate with me when they are students there. Perhaps its a money thing to pay for Ms Dee's maid service in the home portion of the school.

Posted August 01, 2013
The teachers and staff are the most caring people I ever encountered at any school. I have two boys attending the school and I am more than happy they treat my kids as people and they push them intellectually and in their leadership in a way that makes them feel confident and safe. Thank you Mansion. Highly recommended.

Posted June 25, 2012
My son, Max Charles, attended Mansion Day School from Kindergarten to the 3rd grade starting in 1998. He is entering his Sophomore year at Haverford College. I firmly believe that his fundamental academic AND social skills acquired at Mansion Day were the groundwork for Max's development, not just as a very academically bright young man but as a really good human being. Miss Dee James saw each student as an individual, special in their 'uniqueness' but not special to the point where they couldn't see that they were all 'related' as brothers and sisters in our world community. She led her teachers to nurture 'the voice's of the students so that they had the confidence to express themselves without fear, to develop curiosity about what they were studying and to delight in being to able to openly ask questions to further their understanding. As you walk in to the building, the respect from the Staff, the Faculty, and students is obvious. The environment is positive. The effect of mutual respect remain with Max, to this day and it is serving him well as he continues to enjoy his studies at Haverford! I am grateful to Ms. James and the brilliant teachers at Mansion Day School.

Posted October 28, 2011
I love Mansion Day School. As a parent my biggest concern is the safety of my child and his emotional and psychological wellbeing. Mansion is a perfect fit for us. The school has a nurturing environment that allows my son to "love" going to school. He is in Pre-K this year and this is our second year there. After his first year, we cannot imagine him being anywhere else. I am very involved and the teachers are like extended family members. They are so receptive to any concerns and work with me to help my son in any way. Their program is vigorous and challenging but the best part is my child has no idea. He is learning Mandarin and is now teaching me. Ms. Dee is a phenomenal leader and I couldn't ask for more loving and truly genuine principal. I am in there all the time and I truly believe she has the best interest of the kids at hear t and does everything in her power to make sure the kids have all the tools they need to succeed. Thank you Mansion for helping my child get off on the right foot.

Posted October 14, 2010
Mansion Day is school is such a Blessing for our family. My daughter has attended the school for five years now. She is now in the second grade. She has excelled every year. The teachers are very nurturing and attentive to the kids. The academics are challenging and the kids continue to be up to the task. The small classroom environment is very conductive to a productive learning environment. I would highly recommend this school if you are looking for strong academics coupled with a positive and nurturing environment. Its awewsome!!

Mansion Day School 4

Posted October 08, 2010
Mansion Day School was and continues to be an answer to our prayers as a family. When searching for a school to send our 4 year old to, we first had my mother interview, meet with, and discuss curriculum with many school leaders. After her providing us with a written observation of each school she visited, along with her opinion, the Mansion Day School bar far exceeded the others. Our son is now a first grader at Mansion and continues to rise above our expectations in the educational arena. Just like any other institution, Mansion may not be perfect in all aspects; however, the school is by far the best "kept secret" on the East side of Columbus.

Mansion Day School 0

Posted March 15, 2010
I love MDS! They have developed me into an adept teacher. I know the MDS epoch of my life shall be remebered in an excellent manner. With many years to come, My expeirences shall transform me, students and staff. Here at Mansion we allow your to interact starting at Preschool so by the time they are older they will have an excellent way with people. We hope you consider enrolling your child at MDS, it will be worth it 100%

Mansion Day School
72 Woodland Avenue, Columbus, OH  43203
Last modified Mansion Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Mansion Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.