Columbus, OH
Before care: Yes

Posted October 22, 2013
Columbus Montessori Education Center is a top notch private school and outstanding Montessori school. All three of my children have attended the school and I recommend the school to everyone I know. The students are encouraged to follow their interests, learning independence, compassion and care for others. The passion and care that each teacher brings into that school every day is amazing. Unlike other private schools in Columbus, CMEC is focused on creating a school that reflects the diversity of our city, nation and world. Students from a variety of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds attend. The school is also a leader in the Montessori community. American Montessori Society affiliated, CMEC has championed mixed-age classrooms in infant/toddler settings extending the traditional Montessori benefits to a younger student population. The school houses a Teacher Education Program on-site and not only instructs and certifies teacher within the schools, but grooms Montessori teachers throughout the Midwest. CMEC also serves as a founding partner and mentor for other centers switching to a multi-aged classroom environment. I cannot say enough about the school and its staff!

Posted October 11, 2013
My son has attended Columbus Montessori Education Center for 3 years. He is in kindergarten this year. I believe CMEC cares about the students and subscribes to the Montessori method (they are also a Montessori teacher educudation school). I often observe the classroom. The children are all engaged in their work and, for the most part, independently choosing works. I like that the children in a room are of mixed age and ability. I also like that the children are not learning to a "standard" at this age but are provided materials for whatever level they are currently learning - for example there are two children in my sons 3-6 room who are reading books from the elementary school this year. There has been turnover in staff recently and the school is currently looking for a new Director. I wish CMEC had a better method for ensuring all parents are provided with necessary information up front, but overall the school is doing very well at their job of educating the students in their care. CMEC also accepts vouchers for students from failing schools to attend - new from the 2012 school year.

Posted January 03, 2013
We have been at the school for 3 kids and 5 years. You cannot surpass Montessori education models for young kids. All learning should be this individualized. The school is the perfect size, diversity, with high ceiling beautiful classrooms. The Montessori works and teachers who guide kids are wonderful.

Posted May 26, 2012
Columbus Montessori has been the answer to my prayers. My daughter had been to several daycare centers who couldn't handle her constant and extreme thirst for knowledge. Since she was so under-stimulated, she tended to act out to create her own stimulation. Then I found CMEC! From the first day, she has been constantly learning new things, she's never bored and always happy. I love this place. She's 3 now and will be here until she graduates out of the 6th grade! Thank you CMEC!

Posted April 27, 2010
The teachers really understand what is wonderful and special about each child. In addition, my children are confident and eager learners in a place they feel comfortable and respected.

Posted October 18, 2009
My two children attend and they amaze me everyday with what they learn. They are also respected and cared for as people.

Columbus Montessori Education Center 3

Posted July 17, 2008

Columbus Montessori Education Center 0

Posted May 16, 2008
My children have been attending CMEC for 3 years. My daughter will begin K level and my son in 2nd grade in fall '08. My son is learning time management through the use of his work plan. The teachers acknowledge and embrace the individuality of each child. We love this school!

Posted June 25, 2007
We send our daughter to CMEC, and we are impressed daily by the quality of care and intellectual stimulation the teachers provide. CMEC has taught us a lot about our daughter's immense capacity for independence and her level of sophistication. It's also taught us a lot about how important self-respect and social skills are to any educational program. Overall, a great experience!

Columbus Montessori Education Center 4

Posted January 16, 2007
My son has been attending Cmec for about 2 years now. This is a great school. The school really focuses on self respect, respect for others, and being a leader. I love the fact that anytime during the day I can visit the school and have lunch, or snack and feel welcomed. I love the teachers, staff, security of the school, and playground. When I send my son off to school every morning I have peace of mind that he is learning, and having fun in a safe and comfortable environment.

Columbus Montessori Education Center
979 S James Rd, Columbus, OH  43227
Last modified Columbus Montessori Education Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Columbus Montessori Education Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top