Posted December 22, 2013
This school is awsome. They have great teachers, diversity, and every student is involved in a club every thursday. I have been to several different schools and this is by far the best schoool i have ever attended. My only complaint is the school lunches and the small building

Horizon Science Academy Columbus 4

Posted June 21, 2013
Horizon science academy is a good school in my opinion. I just finished my freshman year there and I enjoyed it. Just like any other school its not going to be perfect but, you learn a lot more than you would anywhere else. Bullying is not an issue. Horizon is still growing as a school and finding new things to make the year interesting. I applaud horizon for the dedicated teachers. The teachers will help you and push you to achieve your goals and are always there for you to turn to. Horizon is still growing and improving just like any other school out there,I plan to graduate from horizon and I think it has a promising future.

Horizon Science Academy Columbus 1

Posted May 06, 2013
The staff at this schools works hard with very little--little support, little, respect, little money. Test scores are the main priority at this school. Experimental math and science are not. There is a very small lab component and the school science fair is very weak, with an evident lack of student motivation. (Concept schools owns the Consef Science Fair, so it is not a fair assessment of science abilities.) Some Concept network schools seem to have more science resources, but generally, science equipment is expensive and is not in large supply. HSA claims a 100% graduation rate, with most of those students going to college. I have seen perhaps three students who might succeed in college. The overwhelming majority of the students lack the social and academic skills to graduate from college. The majority of students do not have independent study skills, cannot meet deadlines, don't know how to take notes, have little self-discipline, and low academic interest. Parents at the school need help with their kids, but the high turnover of administration (who have few resources) is not helpful. This school is great at public relations, but has little real learning.

Posted August 07, 2011
I have been attending Horizon Science academy since the 7th grade. I am now in 10th grade. The English teacher of my freshman year explained to us that we are taught what is equal to four years of high school within one year, while, compared to the Columbus Public school standards, they are taught four years of high school in four years. This means we are gaining 16 years of high school within our four years. We learned new subjects every other week. Many would think that's an all too fast pace, but the teachers taught well and they were patient with us. Even better: we were able to check our grades whenever we wanted to on personal online accounts. The principal, an ex marine, was always on top of things and was fair at all costs. The school was also on top of things when it came to students, and has an anti-bullying policy. (I never saw any bullying, which surprised me, being a freshman.) The entire environment is encouraging, fun, safe, caring, and respectful. Tutoring is free and it was awesome! Each teacher had the power to enforce a rule, unlike public schools, and to the teachers, we aren't just a number. I am confident and excited to return for my 10th grade year.

Posted November 01, 2010
This School deserves a better rating. It had an "Excellent" rating from ODE for two years in a raw and has been recently recognized as School of Promise. It is one of the best schools in Columbus. I think its rating should be at least 8.

Posted June 28, 2010
I love the the encouragement and attention my son gets. He is came to Horizon in the 11th grade and he loves it. I appreciate how the teachers see his potential and more the most part push in a way that he needs to be pushed in order to respond. That's the intimate education every child should have.

Posted June 01, 2009
This is an excellent i am not saying its prefect but its getting better every year. They have great teach like Mrs.Harless the freshmen English teach.but the also have young teach that are not that experienced.

Posted June 17, 2008
It has been growing with excellence each year. Last year, they increased the number of extracurricular and sport activities and teams. They took some of students to trips to NY and FL as well as to Turkey. My child has been pleasant overall and his grades increased after three years since enrolling in the school. Thank you for a great year.

Horizon Science Academy Columbus 1

Posted April 29, 2008

Posted March 08, 2008

Horizon Science Academy Columbus
1070 Morse Rd, Columbus, OH  43229
Last modified Horizon Science Academy Columbus is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horizon Science Academy Columbus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews.