Electronic Classroom of Tomorrow

Charter | K-12

Living in Columbus

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $59,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Sweep tile

Posted July 23, 2009

This school has been so great! My teachers call and let me know how I am doing. I had my little boy last December and the teachers were very understanding about when I got my work in. Since I've been in Ecot I can do my work on my own schedule, it works great for me and my son. I got all A's and B's and passed all my OGT's with an advanced in math, and I've never been good at math, until now.

Posted February 5, 2009

I'm currently attending this school and i am proud to say that i am a student at one of the best schools ever.the reason i am talking about this is because if you sit down and think about the fact that there is no reason that any one should fail this school there are no excuses but, the fact of the matter is that this school kept me from dropping out due to the fact that i couldn't take the pressure of other students bothering me about how good i am doing or how i look. now i have a FULL TIME job and i am graduating this year so anything is possible. i think that the teachers are great and you will learn alot.

Posted January 14, 2009

I pulled my two children from our local 'Excellent' school because they were getting failing grades, while their OAT scores were above (often WELL above) average. There were constant issues with discipline, and a disturbing lack of any support from the public school teachers or principal. IT was always the children's fault for not meeting the expectations. After a quarter at ECOT, their grades are nearly 100s in all subjects, and my daughter finally doesn't feel like she is too stupid to do math. I can track what they are doing constantly, and I can intervene to make sure they can 'catch up' where they've missed or forgotten something, and enrich the program where their interest lies. And not one teacher has ever told me they don't have time to work with my child because they have too many other students.

Posted April 26, 2008

I am a student at this school and highly recommend it to anyone considering k-12 online schooling. I am able to graduate a year early and take challenging courses that suit my needs. You can either use their computer that they give you or the computer you use normally. I use my own computer as I like to use Google for more information if I want it, and can talk to my friends on instant messenger while doing homework. The teachers are all very nice and respond to my messages swiftly. When I was in public school my grades were poor because I was distracted. Now I have A's.

Posted December 13, 2007

This school is horrible. Computer never works. Always have to have them replace it, there system is always down, needs lots of improvements.

Posted November 6, 2007

Flexible, professional, challenging. Great teachers who get back to you very quickly.

Posted May 7, 2007

This is our first year at ECOT and we are more than pleased! The education is excellent and I am able to see exactly what my children are learning. The teachers are very helpful and plan interesting lessons so the children are not doing the same old thing everyday and every week. I wish I would have taken them out of public school earlier.

Posted April 28, 2007

My kids grades have gone up and so has there confidence. I do not regret pulling my kids from there public school and putting them into this program. I have 2 kids that need special education and the staff here are fantastic in seeing that we have everything we need. There is constant parent teacher communication and they are always there to help when needed. I would recommend this program to anyone who is thinking about putting there child into a program like this.

Posted March 19, 2007

My four children have been at ECOT for two years. I am not impressed. Quality of their programs is mediocre. Availability of extracurriculars is minimal. Level of parent involvement is dependent upon each parent. Teacher involvement is minimal. This year has been a worse experience than last. High school teachers are assigned 200 students per semester! No wonder they can't keep up with grades or messages. We're looking for a new option next year.

Posted December 30, 2005

It is an excellent school for any age student. They are also very good for special needs students. They have an excellent program.

Posted June 14, 2005

I am a student at ECOT. I was going to drop out of my other school since I became pregnant and the teachers and students at the other school were harrassing me constantly. I just wanted to give up. I ran across ECOT. It has been great! I am now getting all A's and B's and I also have moved up a grade. I am doing very well in my classes. The academic programs are great. The classes are still a little difficult but not too bad. It's not taking the easy way out. The work is just like in regular school. There is a high need for parental involvement. You can space you time out how you need to. Teachers require check-ins weekly, and you must turn in work on weekly-basis. I recommend this school to anyone struggling in public schools. Their is also a guidance counselor for everyone.

Posted October 8, 2004

I am a student enrolled in this school. I've been in this school for 4 years know I love this school and i would rather work with ECOT then go to a school to deal with the harassing and all the other garbage that goes on at a school. I have always had timely responces from teachers and all admistrators I've never had a problem with shipments being late or anything like that they have been great for me and I reccomend them to everyone and anyone that doesnt like school give ECOT a shot and its free.

Posted August 31, 2004

ECOT is a wonderful school! My kids would not attend any where else. My kids concentrate on their school work, not on the other kids or what they are wearing. Although they don't see the other kids on a day to day bases, they have Prom, online chats, and parent teacher conferences. As for the computer system going down, it happens rarely and thats bound to happen when using the internet. My kids teachers have constant communication wether through email or phone calls. My kids love it and so do I. You never have to worry about your children being in harms way when they are on a protected internet in the saftey of your own home!

Posted August 3, 2004

Ecot is awesome! My kids hated school and were ready to drop out. Now, they have passed there tests and are staying in school. The teachers are the most caring I've ever worked with. They always work hard to fix the problems. Ecot is the best.

Posted March 24, 2004

My son has been enrolled in ECOT for 3 years. We have never had any problems, and my son is doing great. Not only did he pass all of his proficiency tests, but he scored advanced on his Math, Science, and Citizenship tests which are taken in person. They arranged a nearby location that was very convenient for us to travel to. I think the cirriculum is great and exceeds that of the public school in the district where we live. Lori Cox

Posted February 23, 2004

ECOT (Electronic Classroom Of Tomorrow) is terrible. Their network is down frequently, teacher to student communication can be very poor, and it can be near impossible to solve and problems. Their shipments are usually late; they can be up to 6 months late! Their mail packets (they are used when a student cannot access ECOT through the computer) are sometimes incomplete and even the wrong subject. They use the 'Honor system' to deliver tests. Very few people stick to that system. I would never recommend ECOT to anyone!

Posted November 5, 2003

We have 8 children 6 of which are enrolled in Ecot. My children are recieving the best education of their lives. The teachers are absolutley wonderful. I would recommend this school to everyone I meet that is interested in a charter and /or homeschooling.

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

111 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 81% in 2013.

112 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Ohio used the Ohio Achievement Assessment (OAA) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and in grades 5 and 8 in science. The OAA is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Ohio. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 78% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 74% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 68% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

237 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2013.

237 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2013.

443 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 81% in 2013.

444 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

561 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2013.

560 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2013.

561 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students40%

Not economically disadvantaged50%
Disabled29%
Non-disabled68%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Ohio Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students36%

Not economically disadvantaged51%
Disabled22%
Non-disabled51%

Source: Ohio Department of Education

In 2010-2011, this school received an Overall Rating of "Met Expected Growth".

Grade 4MetMet
Grade 5MetMet
Grade 6MetMet
Grade 7MetMet
Grade 8MetMet

In 2010-2011, the Ohio Department of Education used the Value-Added Measure to show how much growth students made on the Ohio Achievement Test since the last school year. The state expects that student test scores will show an average year's worth of growth compared to test scores from the previous year. Ohio's Value-Added Measure is not the same as Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP), a federal measure which uses different criteria.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2013.

1438 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2013.

1438 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 77% in 2013.

1436 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 81% in 2013.

1428 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 85% in 2013.

1435 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Ohio used the Ohio Graduation Test (OGT) to test students in grade 10 in reading, writing, math, science and social studies. State averages displayed on public school profiles include public schools only. State averages displayed on private school profiles include private schools only. The OGT is a high school graduation requirement for public schools and chartered private schools. The OGT is a standards-based test, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Ohio. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

All Students61%

82 (2010)

81 (2009)

76 (2008)

120

Ohio uses the Performance Index to provide an overall indication of how well students perform on its standardized tests each year. The Performance Index scores are based upon how well each student does on all tested subjects in grades 3 through 8 and 10. Schools and districts earn anywhere from 1.2 points for each student scoring at the advanced level to zero points for each untested student. The Performance Index ranges between 0 and 120, with 100 as the statewide goal for all students.

Source: Ohio Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Below average

Test score rating
Student growth rating
College readiness rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

Test score rating examines how students at this school performed on standardized tests compared with other schools in Ohio. Test scores are based on 2012-13 OAA/OGT results from the state of Ohio.

State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

State

Math growth at this school

Below Average

Reading growth at this school

Below Average

College readiness rating 20133What's this?

ACT participation

Average ACT score

Graduation rate

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 OAA/OGT results from the state of Ohio.

2 This rating is based on 2012-13 value-added estimates from the state of Ohio.

3 This rating is based on composite ACT scores, ACT participation (% of 11th graders taking the ACT), and four-year adjusted graduation rates from 2011-12.

Asian 0% 2%

• Block scheduling
  • Extended/longer school day
Fax number
  • (614) 492-8894

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Special education

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3700 South High St