Bad
Good

Do your research before sending your child (ren) to this school. I would rate this school a negative star.

I love this school. I was very hesitant because there are so many Imagine schools I thought it would be just a run of the mill charter school, but they blew all that away! I think the curriculum is just right for the children and they do regular assessments of each student so you know exactly where yours stands and what you need to work on with your child. I also love LOVE the staff, its almost as if every staff member in the school makes it a point to know exactly who your child is. Within the first week of my kid starting school every staff member I passed on the way to his class knew his name, and it wasnt because he was a bad kid! I just love that! Everything is so organized and it makes it so easy for your child to be successful. I highly recommend this Imagine school for anyone looking for an alternative to their public school.

I must say, after coming from West Broad Elementary, the difference is very noticeable. Just from enrolling my daughter yesterday, I was able to see the organization within the office and how everything was ran. The anti-bullying policy is WONDERFUL! That is not something that has been put in place at many schools at all therefore it's been very difficult to have such a rule enforced. I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter grow at this school and I'm thankful to have had the teacher interaction I have experienced already! Hopefully it'll all work out and my daughter will excel within this school. Truthfully, I do not see that being a problem for her at all. :)

Best school EVER!!!!!!!! Very smart students come out of this school and can and will be a succesful adult. This is a great school for your children.

I love the interaction of the teachers and love that I get phone calls to update me on both of my grandsons who are students. Thanks Great Western Academy....You have my vote.

This is a great school, my children are not going to GWA next year only because we are moving out of town for a job opportunity, but we have enrolled our children into another Imagine School. I have found out the my children only succeed because I am invovled, you cannot depend on the teachers to raise your children. The reason a child has bad behavior is due to poor home training. My oldest child was having a problem with a student and I immediately spoke to her teacher about the situation and the problem was solved. It make take a little more PARENT INVOLVEMENT!

terrible school! exteme aggressive behavior, nonchanlance from employees, bulling and hostile enviroment.

GWA is a great school! My daughter won the 2nd grade spelling Bee because she had a teacher that cared.

With two children at Great Western Academy (grades 3 and 4) I can not say enough about how wonderful this school is! My children and working at a level far above their peers at traditional public schools. They are both working at about 5-6 grade levels in all academic subjects. The teachers and staff are approachable, professional and treat the students with great respect and care. I am a very happy Great Western Academy parent!

awesome school, my child has accelerated since being there

Last modified Great Western Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.