Bad
Good

I really like CSIA. My daughter's teacher seemed very dedicated and committed to helping the students succeed. I was hesitant to send my child to CSIA because of the location and look of the school. After the first week, I was highly confident that the staff was dedicated to keeping my child safe. We may not be returning next year due to a work related move and I am not happy about that. I am not a fan of the Columbus City School district but I LOVE CSIA and have no issues recommending it. IF we are unable to return next year, CSIA and it's staff will be greatly missed. I cannot say enough about how great CSIA is.

I love this school!! The teachers are very dedicated and committed to helping the student succeed. I feel my daughter is safe and respected by her teachers and peers. I have another child who starts school next year and I hoping to get her in here also. I am not a fan of the Columbus Public school district but I am a fan of this school and would highly recommend it to anyone. If I had to name one improvement it would for school to find a better way to integrate English. My daughter speaks Spanish excellently but English is a challenege for her.

I have 2 children that attend this school. Its a great school! Very family oriented! Sna. Graffe is the best principle. This school is unlike any other in the district!

As a bilingual parent, I'm so happy to have both of my children attend CSIA (grades 1 and 3). My 3rd-grader was reading in English at a 5th-grade level at the end of grade 2! The teachers and other students provide a very supportive and welcoming atmosphere, and challenge them to grow. The principal is wonderful and pushes hard to get the school all that it needs. As to the older comment about overcrowding and food, this year we have a new, much-improved food program, and smaller class sizes. We will have a new building fall of 2012!

I am very pleased with my sons school. Only one issue I have...there isn't other location to give parents options to purchase home outside of franklin county, such as Dublin or Gahanna. However, it speaks a lot about the school program because I stayed in Columbus school district to allow my son the opportunity to learn another high demand lanaguage. Hopefully the program will be offered all over or allowed to those who move out of are to continue without any issues. Thank you.

My son is in kindergarten here and he loves it! And so do I. He is learning so much here. We thought it would be a little of a set back since they teach in Spanish but he is actually doing better than some kindergartners at other schools. The teachers are really friendly and keep you informed. You can go and visit the school and be a class helper if you wish. And another thing that I love is that they keep the school doors locked from the outside so any visitors have to be buzzed in by stating their name and what they are there for. They are always working on projects that are fun but educational at the same time and my son is always excited to go to school. I don't think I could have found a better school!!!

My son it's at Kindergarten and I'm really pleased with the education at this school. I've experienced full commitment and engagement from the teachers and the principal. A good school for kids.

I have three children who attend this school. They are very smart compared to kids in other columbus publc schools. They even know more than a lot of high school kids going through spanish classes. Thanks csia

CSIA is an alternative school so it is much better than your typical public school. The principal and teachers are committed to providing a good education to the children. The Spanish immersion is a real plus. By 3rd grade the children can understand Spanish and are able to use it somewhat, although not fluently. The staff goes out of it's way to keep parents involved and informed. The music program is excellent. There is much emphasis put on writing skills. The school is very over crowded, and like all other city schools the quality of lunch is poor. The school needs to improve it's math and reading programs. It is adequate now, but can't compete with private or suburban schools. My child has enjoyed her years at this school, as well as her relationships with teachers and friends.

This is the best school in Columbus! My daughter was so prepared there, that she was admited into one of the most prestigious schools in the world in the fiftth grade. The teachers are terrific, and the school environment is very welcoming. Because of the limited amount of students, the culture of the school is like an extended family. The only reason we left CSIA is due to relocating, and I wish we could move back so my daughter could finish school there! I would also like to note that after about the fourth grade, the children can already carry on a conversation if not be fluent in spanish.

Last modified Columbus Spanish Immersion K-8 School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.