Valleyview Elementary School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
The only reason a child should be attending this school is if they have absolutely no other options. You should want much better for your children. Transportation in Columbus Public is terrible and can take up to an hour on hold to reach anyone. While you have been waiting at the bus stop for an average of 30 extra minutes 3-4 times a week. There is no air conditioning in the school, and not enough time for the kids to eat lunch.

Posted August 22, 2013
Our school has principal leadership issues. Principals should be out where students and parents can interact with them. The principle we have is not very family oriented. She seems to be more of a paper pusher and statistics person. This is her second year and each year things change drastically either at the beginning of the year or mid-year. This is causing lack of parental involvement because people don't feel very comfortable around her.

Posted January 30, 2013
I have 2 children that attend ValleyView Elementary. A 6 year old in Kindergarten and 8 year old in 2nd grade. They like the school and their teachers. The only problem seems that they are understaffed. My kindergarten and my 2nd grader has already been moved to another room this year. That made it very difficult on my my youngest one in kindergarten. She just got the hang of things and loved her teacher then she got pulled out of that class into another one. Then they hired another teacher and my son whose in 2nd grade went to another classroom I was happy but apparently his teacher also teaches 2nd and 3rd graders. I was happy he was being transferred out of his old teacher because she was teaching 1st and 2nd graders but they just moved him into another classroom where his new teacher is teaching 2nd and 3rd. I really hope next school year this does not happen again, I want my children to be stable in one classroom not transferred from teacher to teacher. Other than that issue I love the school, the staff, they are all great. I just wished we could get more money for more teachers. They are all great at that school.

Valleyview Elementary School 0

Posted August 23, 2009
Had two children attend ValleyView, and we loved it. I would say the only down fall is the fact that there's not much parent involvement which makes it quite difficult at times on the teachers. If more parents didn't think there job was only to send there child everyday it wuld make for a better school.

Valleyview Elementary School 0

Posted March 13, 2008
My child enjoys the school, but he also has what is sometimes called absent seizures and has gotten left behind in the classroom a few times during a spell. Also the homework log and the homework sent home have 2 different materials. Spelling sheets aren't sent home so I can work with them and I believe the students could do so much better with a little more organization with things.

Posted May 15, 2007

Posted May 14, 2007
I think this school would rate a lot higher if there were sports available. this is great for child involvement in the school. it is positive it keeps children occupied and busy. the children now days need after school activities, it helps to keep their minds thinking positive,gives them the exercise they need and keeps children out of trouble.

Valleyview Elementary School 5

Posted January 10, 2006

Valleyview Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2005

Valleyview Elementary School
2989 Valleyview Dr, Columbus, OH  43204
Last modified Valleyview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Valleyview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top