Posted May 25, 2013
My daughter attended kindergarten at Alpine, and I most say I was very impressed by her teacher. From the very beginning she displayed a kind of patience and wisdom to not only teach, but to connect with the children; many of whom were ill-prepared for kindergarten. She didn't slow the entire class down because a few weren't excelling. She approached them as individuals. I only hope that the first grade teachers are as wonderful as she.

Posted June 05, 2009
GREAT school. There is plenty of parent involvement. The teachers are great and always return phone calls. I agree with the extra steps taken to protect the children - such as having the school doors locked. They helped my son with his reading & speech issues. Always accomodating and helpful. I love that they have opportunities for the children such as safety patrol & chess club. I am disappointed at the new grading system. There are no more award ceromonies. And my son didn't have a ceromony for his 5th grade class graduation. They need to remember its about acknowledging the kids who have succeeded. Like many schools they want to be all inclusive as to not bring anyone down - all that does is deny those who have worked hard the privelege of being rewarded.

Posted January 27, 2009
Excellent School. Great Parent Involvement. Good Teachers and a wondergul Principal.

Posted November 30, 2008
I am so happy that both of my sons were at this school! My eldest is now approaching high school and has carried the things he learned here with him. My youngest has Ausberger's syndrome, and the accomodations that they have made for him have made all the difference. He has gone from a supershy, never-say-a-word kid to a very outgoing young man. I am genuinely happy to say that 'we have been here'. From the principal to the teachers, to the PTA and all the extra-curricular activities, this school is TOPS with my family!

Posted December 03, 2007
I love Alpine and I am truly going to miss this school when my son leaves for middle school next year.

Alpine Elementary School 3

Posted November 02, 2007
What a great school Alpine used to be! I have 8 years of experience with this school and loved it for all but the last year. They always worked so well with my oldest son and surprisingly well with my younger, autistic son. Then last year we got a new principal. The attitude toward special needs children has changed and not for the better. There is a new grading system, awards assemblies and Grandparents Day are gone, etc. We removed our special needs child last year. We're sad about these changes, because most of the teachers are excellent and caring.

Alpine Elementary School 2

Posted October 03, 2007
I have been associated with this school for over six years. I have found it to be one of the best. I have never had any complaints until the last couple of years. The teachers are GREAT, but the new administration has a long way to go. The school doors being on locked, the new grading system just to name a few. I will be removing my child from this school, as are several others I have talked with. I am very disappointed about the past two years.

Posted June 30, 2006
This is a wonderful school with a high level of parental involvement. My daughter just completed her kindergarten year and suffers adhd. Before sending my daughter to this school, I had a great deal of trouble with her doctor getting her the help she needs. The entire faculty fought for us and with us to get her help and brought her from failing grades to passing kindergarten. I love the way they challenge the students academically and creatively. I don't think there was a single class she didn't like but her favorites were art and phys ed. The school actually takes that extra step in showing the parents and children that they really do care. I would definitely recommend Alpine Elementary to anyone who wants their child in a school that challenges academically and yet instills good moral values.

Alpine Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2006
parent involvement at this school is very high. the pta is very active and does a great job! most of the teachers are very supportive and very helpful with ideas to help the child having trouble. My child had a reading problem and once the problem was discovered and addressed I think the teachers did a great job helping her overcome her obsticle.This school has high expectations which I like. They are constantly challenging the students to do their very best.They acknowledge the good behavior and grades with award presentations every grading period and peak free parties. I think it is a great school.

Alpine Elementary School 4

Posted February 22, 2006
Parent Involvement is quite high at this school which makes it one of the top elementary schools in the CPS system. Art is a major part of the curriculum. We lotteried into the school from another Columbus neighborhood and it has been a great experience.

Alpine Elementary School
1590 Alpine Dr, Columbus, OH  43229
Last modified Alpine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alpine Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top