Bad
Good

This school is rediculous. The principal sends us multiple voicemails per week that you can barely understand. Also this week they are having pajama day but decided CHILDREN whom have spent time in PEAK will be excluded...I'm not sure if any of these idiots have taken psychology but you should never single a child out, telling a kindergartner they can't wear their pajamas like their friends because they were in PEAK is basically instilling in them that they are a BAD child or causing them believe such things and repeat the actions of a BAD child. This was not well thought out and I will be writing the school board

My daughter attended kindergarten at Alpine, and I most say I was very impressed by her teacher. From the very beginning she displayed a kind of patience and wisdom to not only teach, but to connect with the children; many of whom were ill-prepared for kindergarten. She didn't slow the entire class down because a few weren't excelling. She approached them as individuals. I only hope that the first grade teachers are as wonderful as she.

GREAT school. There is plenty of parent involvement. The teachers are great and always return phone calls. I agree with the extra steps taken to protect the children - such as having the school doors locked. They helped my son with his reading & speech issues. Always accomodating and helpful. I love that they have opportunities for the children such as safety patrol & chess club. I am disappointed at the new grading system. There are no more award ceromonies. And my son didn't have a ceromony for his 5th grade class graduation. They need to remember its about acknowledging the kids who have succeeded. Like many schools they want to be all inclusive as to not bring anyone down - all that does is deny those who have worked hard the privelege of being rewarded.

Excellent School. Great Parent Involvement. Good Teachers and a wondergul Principal.

I am so happy that both of my sons were at this school! My eldest is now approaching high school and has carried the things he learned here with him. My youngest has Ausberger's syndrome, and the accomodations that they have made for him have made all the difference. He has gone from a supershy, never-say-a-word kid to a very outgoing young man. I am genuinely happy to say that 'we have been here'. From the principal to the teachers, to the PTA and all the extra-curricular activities, this school is TOPS with my family!

I love Alpine and I am truly going to miss this school when my son leaves for middle school next year.

What a great school Alpine used to be! I have 8 years of experience with this school and loved it for all but the last year. They always worked so well with my oldest son and surprisingly well with my younger, autistic son. Then last year we got a new principal. The attitude toward special needs children has changed and not for the better. There is a new grading system, awards assemblies and Grandparents Day are gone, etc. We removed our special needs child last year. We're sad about these changes, because most of the teachers are excellent and caring.

I have been associated with this school for over six years. I have found it to be one of the best. I have never had any complaints until the last couple of years. The teachers are GREAT, but the new administration has a long way to go. The school doors being on locked, the new grading system just to name a few. I will be removing my child from this school, as are several others I have talked with. I am very disappointed about the past two years.

Last modified Alpine Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.