Posted April 14, 2014
Avalon Elementary is a FANTASTIC school with loving teachers & staff working together with parents that want a great education for their children.

Posted October 25, 2013
This is my child's 1st year at this school and last,=. The Leadership has change and the new principle isn't accessible at all. The 5th graders have behavior problems. They are 1 year behind all the other districts. The pickings are really slim when it comes to Columbus Public schools. I say enroll your child in private school if you can afford it. I know my child is going back next year, if not this year! Worst mistake ever!

Posted May 16, 2013
you have to be kidding me? right?.. hat was the worst school i have ever seen in my 40 some years! the staff to the principle were so overwelmed that im surprised that ,, the kids got pass 1+1!!!! unbelievable!! they should shut this school down!!

Posted September 24, 2010
I love it, love it, love it!!! The principal is amazing. She has actively built great relationship with students, teachers, and parents alike. The teachers are very caring and so dedicated to their students--they hold very high expectations for each child. My son loves his teacher and I love the kindergarten program--children are learning to read and write and sometimes aren't even aware of it...that's how fun it is. This is a great school!

Avalon Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
They encourage cooperation between students, parents and staff. I am always informed about events and how my child is doing. That is not easy considering I am a step-mom, who only gets to see her step-daughter on the weekneds, but we are always there for her when she needs us.

Posted March 12, 2009

Posted January 28, 2009
Great communication with parents. Excellence encourage to all the students. The nurse keeps me informed regarding my son's asthma and will even call from time to time to check oh how his medication is working. My two sons love this school and I will remain in this area just to keep them there. I moved from Westerville schools to this one and the difference and amazing. I love this school!

Posted September 25, 2008
Avalon is the best ! Teachers,principal,students I can`t ask for more. They are great keep up the good work

Posted August 20, 2008

Avalon Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2007
I have two students at Avalon and am extremely pleased. The teachers and support staff strive not just to meet the state and federal requirements, but to also help children achieve their highest potential. Avalon is one of 14 Columbus schools to participate in the ECLIPSE program for Gifted&Talented. The school principal, Mrs. Kelly Schooler, level of dedication to her staff and students is phenomenal. Parents are greatly encouraged to take part their childrens education both at home and school. Most school functions often have a high parent turn out. As for saftey, once upon being notified that a child had been approached while walking to a neighboring school, they issued a full lockdown. Parents were called to request they help monitor the streets while children walked home. Kids were required to walk home in groups of 3 or more and often with a staff member or parent volunteer.

Avalon Elementary School
5220 Avalon Ave, Columbus, OH  43229
Last modified Avalon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Avalon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.