Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Agree

The school's mission statement is re-enforced in every meeting. Teachers encourage open dialogue if there are any issues.

While crowding is a challenge, the teachers are attentive. Daily behavior reports and homework aide in transparency. Allowing more opportunities for educational field trips would be beneficial.

I think avalon elamentary school iss one of the best schools in ohio. My cousin was getting all d's then i switched him to avalon and now he is an all a and b student avalon really turned him around.

This school is terrible. The reviews on here that say "fantastic" or "wonderful" or anything good in general, must be staff members trying to keep their jobs. My child is in his second year. If there were negative starts to rate this institution, I'd give it a -5. For starters, the school is under staffed and overpopulated to the point of fire hazzards at lunch time. Reading and math levels are poor. There are major behavioral issues throughout all grade levels. Their way of correcting or improving these problems is to send childeren to an in-school detention room called PEAK. Poor communication and little teamwork with parents to help childeren improve (either behavior wise or scholastic) instead of fall behind. The Principal is all but non-existant and impossible to reach. Last year, my child had a substitute for over half the year because a Teacher up and quit. My wife and I have actually had current and former teachers advise us, privately, to get our child out of this school asap. Are you kidding? What a joke. Columbus, our childeren deserve MUCH better. Stay away from this place. We are pulling our kid out of here.

Avalon Elementary is a FANTASTIC school with loving teachers & staff working together with parents that want a great education for their children.

This is my child's 1st year at this school and last,=. The Leadership has change and the new principle isn't accessible at all. The 5th graders have behavior problems. They are 1 year behind all the other districts. The pickings are really slim when it comes to Columbus Public schools. I say enroll your child in private school if you can afford it. I know my child is going back next year, if not this year! Worst mistake ever!

you have to be kidding me? right?.. hat was the worst school i have ever seen in my 40 some years! the staff to the principle were so overwelmed that im surprised that ,, the kids got pass 1+1!!!! unbelievable!! they should shut this school down!!

I love it, love it, love it!!! The principal is amazing. She has actively built great relationship with students, teachers, and parents alike. The teachers are very caring and so dedicated to their students--they hold very high expectations for each child. My son loves his teacher and I love the kindergarten program--children are learning to read and write and sometimes aren't even aware of it...that's how fun it is. This is a great school!

They encourage cooperation between students, parents and staff. I am always informed about events and how my child is doing. That is not easy considering I am a step-mom, who only gets to see her step-daughter on the weekneds, but we are always there for her when she needs us.

Great communication with parents. Excellence encourage to all the students. The nurse keeps me informed regarding my son's asthma and will even call from time to time to check oh how his medication is working. My two sons love this school and I will remain in this area just to keep them there. I moved from Westerville schools to this one and the difference and amazing. I love this school!

Last modified Avalon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.