Posted April 06, 2014
Binns Elementary is a great school. The staff as well as the teachers really care about the children and try to help them in every possible way. Not only do they teach books but they teach courtesy and common sense. They also have a great award system for children who go above and beyond what is expected of them. My granddaughter goes to Binns and she doesn't want to leave to go to another school. She loves the teachers, the staff and the school and when a child loves their school they are going to try harder to do better. Binns, you're the best, keep up the good work.

Posted August 03, 2013
I went to this school when i was in elementry school and have step kids that went here. and now my lil girl is starting kindergarten there. the principal is always nice and the teachers are great too... great choir and band teacher. they help your child succeed any way they can.

Posted April 30, 2013
My granddaughter attends K, and the teachers are very good educators!! If parents want to be involved by volunteering, PTA, etc. they welcome their participation! There are field trips & outside educational activities at the school that take place. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted March 10, 2013
Binns is a great school! Newly built, great teachers, involved parents...I can't say anything bad about this school. My son has been thriving there for a couple of years after transferring from another school. He has done a complete 360 degree turn around thanks to the caring staff who does whatever it takes to help him succeed. My son's report cards, his behavior and daily behavior logs prove how much he now thrives at Binns. I applaud all of the effort and work the teachers put forth working with the children. My son basically lost a year of learning at the previous school he transfered from due to various situations. Therefore upon arriving at Binns he was atleast a year behind on everything when he arrived there and now he is actually reading above his level. I couldn't be happier to have my son at this school. Another great thing about Binns is that homework is required. So as a parent you get to see what your child is learning and it great to have your child teach you what they are learning. I would recommend Binns to any parent!

Posted August 26, 2011
We love Binns Elementary! The school itself is a new building and has so many nice features such as computer lab, gymnasium, art room and library. We have been with this school for 3 years now and am proud to be the parent of a 3rd grader as well as a kindergartener. My children love the teachers and the new principal is wonderful. Our family has become involved in the pta which is very active and we love the family atmosphere. I have met all of the teachers and feel like this is our home. We feel very lucky to be part of this school.

Posted June 25, 2010
We absolutely love Binns! The principal has been there for our child through some really challenging times in his life! She seems to be at school all the time -even on the weekends I see her car there! I am so sad she decided to retire.

Binns Elementary School 1

Posted July 27, 2009

Binns Elementary School 2

Posted April 22, 2009
Binns is a newly built school and while the school it'self is nice the teaching leaves a little to be desired. The prinicipal is never available. Other than parent teacher conferences the teachers are never available. As a parent I want regular contact with my kids teachers and I am unable to get that. Since getting this new principal two years ago the school has really gone done. She is very unapproachable. The split classe's are a hassle. My oldest child, while not in a split class has two teachers and neither teacher knows what the other is doing. While attending a parent teacher conference only one teacher shows up and she didn't even know who's desk was who's. Now I volunteer in the school when needed and I know who sits where.

Posted February 10, 2009
Although Binns is a really nice school. The Binns atmosphere has gone through some changes and I am not sure that it is all for the best. The principal seems to be unavailable, kids are in split classes with slit teachers. It just seems that regard for a quality education is getting jeapordized trying to cut corners with teachers and all single grade classes. Not to mention the teasing that these kids get from other kids not in split classes. Was this ever taken into consideration that the older grade kids in these classes are getting ridiculed for being 'dumb' and put in a class with a younger grade? None the less, I am very disappointed.

Posted August 04, 2008
binns is an excellent school and the staff is very dedicated to all students. all children are not on the same level or have the same back ground and still are all loved and cared for the same.

Binns Elementary School
1080 Binns Blvd, Columbus, OH  43204
Last modified Binns Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Binns Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top