Columbus, OH
Students enrolled: 1,064

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 29, 2015
If there is no respect given to the students, how can respect be received? The kids are seen as numbers. They receive no respect as individuals with separate needs.

Posted August 29, 2015
The vice principle Mrs. Pam Smith was more interested in pep rallies, home coming dances and reliving her own glorious high school days then education. If your child has any learning disabilities expect them to be pushed on to the next grade with no regard for the individual student needs. Fights and bullying are a constant in the hallways and bathrooms. If you have another option, take it.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 29, 2015
Let’s leave an example here. I was in Mrs. Smiths office when my child came in upset that another student was cussing at my child. I calmed my child down and before my child could finish talking Mrs. Smith interrupted and berated my child for disrupting the learning of the other students in class by coming to the office. My child was on lunch. There was no class. I had to sit there watching this woman wag her finger at my child without even knowing the whole situation. She did not try and bring in the other student who had upset my child .

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 29, 2015
If your child is not in sports your child is invisible to administration. In the middle of an IEP Meeting for my disabled child Pam Smith the vice principle for the 9th graders would talk to others about upcoming school events. She would often use a passive aggressive behavior and offhanded/snide comments to belittle other staff members and students.

Posted October 07, 2013
This school is terrible-It may have been decent in the past but this school is absolute horrid now. The teachers aren't half bad, (except for the few that clearly show favoritism) but the coaches and sports facility gets all the special attention. They dont show the Drama or Arts programs any care. If your child is interested in the arts i would NOT go here, they have a terrible theatre department, and the arts are horrible. The administration is wretched too. If you're late more than 8 times (no matter what the situation is) they suspend you. And if you're late more than 3 times (every time after you're late) you go to ISS (which is a dumb anagram for basically saying they're going to put you in a room, and keep you from learning anything whatsoever, for the entire day) They're unjust, and won't give you any freedom of speech, and you can't do or say anything that gives you any personality. They've blocked off half of the things women can wear, it be revealing or not. I was told I can't wear my sweater because It's not long enough. That doesn't make any sense to me what so ever. (I was also wearing pants, i feel i should add) This school is terrible, do not send your child there.

Posted March 16, 2009
Briggs is a really good school.... I graduated from Briggs in 2007 and the teachers and administration there really cared about academics...and where the students were going after they finished school.... i was very pleased in attending Briggs and will continue to send my children there also!!!

Briggs High School 4

Posted November 04, 2008
As a former student, who graduated in 2005, I can say that Briggs was a good place to get an education, much better than their rivals at West. As with all schools, there's always that one teacher that all students hate, and Briggs was no different, but the better majority of the teachers there actually cared about their students' goals.

Posted July 03, 2008
Briggs is not a safe school teachers and coaches are very unfair and are very rude

Briggs High School 5

Posted December 18, 2007
It is good and it would be better if they had the princables from last years 2004-2007.

Briggs High School 5

Posted July 03, 2007
I transferred my daughter to Briggs in the 10th grade from South High School. We are also transferring our sons there this year(2007). We have been completely satisfied and happy with the teacher, staff and general atmosphere of the school. Our children are very happy there, and we do not regret for one minute the decision that we made to put them into this school.

2555 Briggs Rd, Columbus, OH  43223
Last modified Briggs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briggs High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top