Columbus, OH
Students enrolled: 1,064

Briggs High School 1

Posted October 07, 2013
This school is terrible-It may have been decent in the past but this school is absolute horrid now. The teachers aren't half bad, (except for the few that clearly show favoritism) but the coaches and sports facility gets all the special attention. They dont show the Drama or Arts programs any care. If your child is interested in the arts i would NOT go here, they have a terrible theatre department, and the arts are horrible. The administration is wretched too. If you're late more than 8 times (no matter what the situation is) they suspend you. And if you're late more than 3 times (every time after you're late) you go to ISS (which is a dumb anagram for basically saying they're going to put you in a room, and keep you from learning anything whatsoever, for the entire day) They're unjust, and won't give you any freedom of speech, and you can't do or say anything that gives you any personality. They've blocked off half of the things women can wear, it be revealing or not. I was told I can't wear my sweater because It's not long enough. That doesn't make any sense to me what so ever. (I was also wearing pants, i feel i should add) This school is terrible, do not send your child there.
2 people found this helpful

Briggs High School

Posted March 16, 2009
Briggs is a really good school.... I graduated from Briggs in 2007 and the teachers and administration there really cared about academics...and where the students were going after they finished school.... i was very pleased in attending Briggs and will continue to send my children there also!!!

Briggs High School 4

Posted November 04, 2008
As a former student, who graduated in 2005, I can say that Briggs was a good place to get an education, much better than their rivals at West. As with all schools, there's always that one teacher that all students hate, and Briggs was no different, but the better majority of the teachers there actually cared about their students' goals.

Briggs High School 1

Posted July 03, 2008
Briggs is not a safe school teachers and coaches are very unfair and are very rude

Posted December 18, 2007
It is good and it would be better if they had the princables from last years 2004-2007.

Posted July 03, 2007
I transferred my daughter to Briggs in the 10th grade from South High School. We are also transferring our sons there this year(2007). We have been completely satisfied and happy with the teacher, staff and general atmosphere of the school. Our children are very happy there, and we do not regret for one minute the decision that we made to put them into this school.

Posted October 22, 2006
I have a freshman in Briggs so this is my first experience with this school. I was extremely impressed with the senior mentor program!!!! My 9th grader did not have the shell shock like I had entering into a new school with so many students and all of the class changes. They showed the kids around to tier classes and offered to help at any point in tier experience as new freshman. All of the seniors were respectful and had ALOT of school spirit you could clearly see that these kids love their school and tier school loves them!!!!!

Posted July 21, 2006
I was in the first graduating class at Briggs in 1978, I now have two children attending there. We have moved recently and my children say they will drop out of school if they can't graduate from Briggs. They have had wonderful help from Mr. Pearl and Miss. Irwin. The teaching staff has changed since I went to school there but the caring for the students and the quality of education is still at the top of the list for a school that has a lot of children attending.

Briggs High School 4

Posted March 07, 2006
I think briggs was a great school. I graduated in 2003 with a college prep diploma, and feel I would have got the same information at any other school in the Columbus area. The activities offer students great experiences and allows parents to get involved also.

Posted January 10, 2006
I think briggs is a great school.It relly help prepare for the furture.

Briggs High School
2555 Briggs Rd, Columbus, OH  43223
Last modified Briggs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Briggs High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top