Columbus, OH

Posted August 09, 2013
Currently a junior. Good academics, good diversity, overall good athletic programs, and a safe, fun learning environment.

Centennial High School 1

Posted June 03, 2010
Sigh...I entered this school year with high hopes having chosen this school by lottery for my daughter. Unfortunately, I am disappointed in how things have turned out, my main frustration is that there is a useful and valuable tool in the Parent Assistant Module designed for teachers to communicate assignments, due dates and grades however use of it is not mandatory so out of five teachers that my daughter had, only one used it regularly. I would not find out how she was doing in a class until it was too late. She was allowed to sit next to girls that she chatted too much with after I asked for her to be moved...now while I don't think handholding is necessary for kids this age I believe a bit more should be done for this age of transition than just throwing them in the water to sink or swim.

Posted October 03, 2009
Outstanding academic performance

Posted June 25, 2008

Centennial High School 2

Posted December 11, 2007

Posted November 10, 2007
My daughter is a 2007 graduate of CHS and we hope that each of her younger siblings are able to attend Centennial. She was in a safe environment with caring staff. She felt accepted and found friends, activities, and freedom to express herself in positive ways while attending CHS.

Centennial High School 2

Posted August 28, 2007
I had three children at Centennial High and I must say, regrettably, that I can in no way recommend this school to anyone any longer. The humanities classes had become overfilled. The classes which were not advanced were overrun by undisciplined students. The principal lacks proper parent negotiating skills in order to troubleshoot problems. I would recommend that any Columbus High school student should pursue either good charter school, alternative school or private school.

Posted October 31, 2006
It's October of my child's freshman year, and I must say -- SO FAR, SO GOOD! She's excited about school, anxious to go everyday, and admits to learning things that are interesting. I'm even impressed with the level of parental involvement with the extra curricular events. Again, so far, so good.

Posted January 08, 2006
- a former student
I am a former student at Centennial and I think it was a great school to go to because there was much diversity among students and there were plenty of extra curricular activities such as sports, drama, the arts etc. to get involved in.

Posted November 04, 2005
Great school with incredible diversity. Staff is passionate about teaching and cares deeply for the students. Parent support is above average. Wide range of athletics offered. Incredible arts program. Weak on extracurriculars beyond athletics and drama. Very academically-oriented school.

Centennial High School
1441 Bethel Rd, Columbus, OH  43220
Last modified Centennial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Centennial High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top