Bad
Good

I couldn't be happier with our experience at Clinton Elementary! There is a LOT of parental involvement and it's reflected all over the school. Lots of activities happening throughout the year like an art show, black history month celebration, read-a-thon, ice cream social, theater productions, and talent show.

Our son started first grade today. We are so happy to be part of the Clinton community. This school has great teachers and a dedicated and responsive principal. The school very much reflects the values of the Clintonville community -- diversity, inclusiveness, creativity, hard work and good humor.

We loved Clinton and will miss it dearly. My son just finished fifth grade at Clinton and I think I cried at every event the last two weeks of the school year. It was emotional for a number of reasons. Even though the physical building is being renovated, the love, desire and commitment of the staff, parents and students was just as strong on Hubbard Ave. The programs they create for the children are memorable ones. The teachers care about the success of your student. It is a family that our family will miss.

Not too happy with teacher this year....my daughter came home crying often, not wanting to sleep at night because she didn't want to go to school. She kept saying her teacher was mean to her. I talked to a few parents and they told me no wonder my daughter feels this way, the teacher is a drill sargeant. They told me at this school, I should always request who I want as a teacher for my kids because only half of them really care. I just prayed my daughters days would get better & I'm praying next year she will be with a teacher she can relate to and feel good about. I am not sure which are the better teachers so I just hope she ends up with someone good. The principal just blows you off if you have an issue and she lets everyone know your personal business so I am not very comfortable speaking with her.

Clinton Elementary is a lovely school filled with engaged parents, kind and committed teachers, and a fabulous principal that will insure your child's education & emotional needs are being met. I have 2 sons that attend Clinton (entering 1st & 2nd grade.) Kindergarten teachers are gentle and encouraging. They continued to challenge both my boys and allowed them to progress through the curriculum in areas in which they excelled...and took time with them in areas that needed extra attention. Principal Leffler is outstanding! She presented options/solutions that I would not even known existed. With her leadership she has allowed my oldest son to stay with his peer group, yet continue on with advanced grade curriculum to challenge him academically and support him emotionally/socially. Clinton truly is a Great Place to Grow!

My daughter is entering second grade at Clinton next year and we have been delighted with her education. She is challenged and supported---and above all, happy and safe. Clinton is a neighborhood school--a gem where kids of all kinds learn together and feel a real sense of community. It's very reflective of Clintonville as a whole--respectful, caring and family-oriented. Parents, one of the best parts of Clinton for us has been the instant community we, as adults, have found with the parents of our children's friends. What amazing people!

We are thrilled with Clinton for our kindergartener and will be following the whole crew down to Hubbard during the renovation. I've seen the plans and this will be a lovely school when it's renovated--the physical plant will match the quality of my child's experience this year. One of the commenters said that it's a family at Clinton and I could not agree more! And above all, my daughter is learning happily with great kids and great teachers.

Very active caring community driven school with a special dedication to children with special needs.

Great principal, teachers, parents , and kids. Every day after school is like a party on the playground with all the parents mingeling and the kids playing. My 3rd grader loves it and is getting a great education.

Our son is beginning his second year at Clinton Elementary, entering 1st grade. My wife and I both hold PhDs and work at OSU--many other parents of Clinton students have similar educational and professional backgrounds. While we believe strongly in the value of a public school education, we carefully considered several several private schools before settling on Clinton Elementary. Our decisions was made on the basis of recommendations from other parents/colleagues and the school's fine reputation. Our son's time in kindergarden was a remarkable introduction to the educational experience. His teacher, deeply gifted and dedicated to her students, awakened in him a love of learning and a strong enthusiasm for school--most days he can't wait to get to the classroom. Could a parent ask for more than that? The principle, too, is outstanding. Clinton attracts excellent teachers because the best teachers want to work with her.

Last modified Clinton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.