Posted October 11, 2012
My daughter started here a couple months ago and it is amazing! We love colerain!

Posted October 15, 2011
My little brother went to this school for 6 years. Although he had Cerebral Palsy he was treated like any other kids, by the staff and students. He couldn't talk, walk or eat by himself, but yet every day he came home with the biggest smile on his face. He absolutely LOVED that school & it broke his heart when he realized he was now to old to go to the school anymore. He made wonderful friends & had the best teachers Ive ever had the chance to meet. They made a huge impact on his life and taught him so many useful things. I insist that if your reading this you should sign your kid up for this school. You'll never regret it.

Colerain Elementary School 4

Posted March 19, 2011
This is a very unique school environment, with half of the student body having a disability. I love that my children are learning early to respect people regardless of the package they come in! I have NEVER been in a school building with staff that are so genuinely enthusiastic about their jobs, and warmly caring about the students in the building. It is a small school, so everyone knows each of the students (and often their siblings) by name. The children here are loved and nurtured, and can feel that. The academics in the school tend to be greater than other Columbus public schools, but for mainstream students I still find it to be weak. My kids are learning, but are certainly not challenged. Overall, I love this school, and am willing to make up for the lack of challenge by providing enrichment activities at home.

Posted October 03, 2009
Colerain is an excellent school for children, teachers and staff. They have excellent leadership in their principal, Ms. Doni Jackson. All the the staff feels responsible for the students and their success. Students are happy to come to school and be greeted at their buses by Ms. Jackson every day. Success is #1 at Colerain.

Posted November 07, 2008
This is the best school in Ohio! My daughters started this school in the 1st and 3rd grades and it was like someone lifted the clouds from above their heads. They received the support the needed and deserved. Coming into this school they were so far behind the other children and the teachers were so dedicated to making sure they got caught up. My oldest now in 8th grade cried the last day of school (5th grade graduation because she loved it there so much. As like another parents review I have yet to see any other school live up to Colerain. Mrs. Jackson the principal is outstanding and has made such an impact on my daughters lives. Not only the education they received but this school taught them compassion and friendship. I just can't say enough!

Posted November 01, 2007
I absolutely love this school! I'm am so thrilled to have my child attend Colerain, the teachers are great, very structure and fun at the same time. The principle is great, greets all the children every morning and treats them all the same in the highest manor to make them feel very important. My son loves to go to school here and has a great day every day! thank you Colerain, you are the best school around and more schools need to follow your standards! from a very proud parent of a Colerain student!

Colerain Elementary School 0

Posted September 27, 2007
My husband and I think that Colerain is absolutely wonderful. We appreciate the fact that the staff communicates to us about our children regularly. We feel secure that our children are receiving an excellent education there. The teachers and staff take the time to help the children.

Posted August 13, 2007
I love Colerain Elementary. My daughter went there for five years and she will be starting a new school this year. But we can't seem to find one to live up to all of Colerain's wonderful atributes.

Posted August 06, 2007
Oh wow - where can I begin on the praise to this school! They have given my autistic son the absolute best start I could have ever dreamed of!!! The principal, teachers, students, and everyone involved were just exemplary!! Recently, my Autistic son, who is 12 now going into middle school, read all his old activities from this school and cried!! He loved Coleraine!! We loved Coleraine and work everyday to continue the foundation they started for our child. You will not find a better elementary school anywhere!! 100% A+ Recommended!! Thank you!

Colerain Elementary School 0

Posted May 01, 2007
My daughter is scheduled to attend colerain this fall. If my interaction with the assistant principal this past week is any indication of their dedication (especially with a parent whose child isn't enrolled,) i know that my husband and i made the right choice. I can't wait for her to start.

Colerain Elementary School
499 East Weisheimer Rd, Columbus, OH  43214
Last modified Colerain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colerain Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.