Bad
Good

I am a teacher at Devonshire. I've had experiences at several other schools, and Devonshire is a unique and wonderful school. Our Project Adventure curriculum separates us from other schools in the Columbus area. We operate with an experiential learning cycle, and spend more time "doing" than other schools. All grades participate in an indoor climbing unit, and also attend overnight camp. These experiences create fabulous memories, and offer a really unique learning opportunity. Devonshire is truly a diverse school. In my class this year alone, I have 9 nationalities represented. How cool! My coworkers are committed, caring professionals. We are always striving to be the best we can be. We have great resources, both in material items and the people in the building. Devonshire is a great place to be!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Our Project Adventure curriculum is not only an academic approach, but also guides students in their social-emotional development.

This has been my daughter's first year in this school. To be honest, I was a little nervous to send her here, because a few people told me they didn't like the school. My experience with the school has been wonderful! My daughter loves it! She has gotten to take part in many unique opportunities and field trips. It's true that the principal knows each child by name, and is well acquainted with each one. The teachers genuinely care about each child, and it they generally keep parents well informed. The PTA is top-notch, too! Very welcoming. The school is hands-on, has a good appreciation of the arts, teaches chess to the students, and has a wonderful gifted program. The student population is very diverse, which I love! My only complaint is that sometimes the active kids will lose recess, if they are acting up. In my opinion, children should not lose recess, as that tends to make them act out more! But I think that is pretty common in all schools. I love Devonshire, I would highly recommend it.

My son has attended Devonshire since kindergarten . I have came to a true liking of all the teachers that I have came across here. This is his last year in elementary and yes he will be attending Devonshire. I have been asked by others what did I think and I highly recommend this school and its staff to others. They have truly took the time out to get to know my child things about my child. Including the principal. I really like her she take the time out to speak with the parents. The teachers are also very involved in how there students learn and what will help them to learn and stay in track. I will miss them after this year.

Both of my daughter's have attended Devonshire. My oldest attended K-5 and my youngest is currently attending. The teachers and staff have always exceeded my expectations. I've read other reviews that the curriculum is not challenging enough, but to be honest, communication with the teachers can change this. My daughters teachers have gone above and beyond to accelerate subjects to meet the needs of my children and have been excellent communicators. The principal is very involved and knows each child by name (which is not something I've ever seen before). The climbing units and overnight camping is wonderful. Definitely an A+. I would recommend this school to everyone!

My son has now been at Devonshire for 2 years. For the most part we have absolutely loved it. My only complaint is that the curriculum is not challenging enough, but that has more to do with Columbus Public district policies than the school itself. The staff is wonderful, the social education is excellent, and the kids are truly happy to be there. The climbing unit and camping trip each year are some of the high lights for the kids. My son has had the best teachers and have been great at working with and challenging him. The principal is also very involved and the kids adore her. It has also been a great place to volunteer.

I am a parent . I attended Devonshire as well when I was a child in the eighties . I loved the school. My son is in PK and I see nothing have changed with the parent involvement and the caring teachers. This is really a great school.Definitly would recomend this school to another parent.

Teachers seem to be very involved with the children and genuinely care. My son likes going to school, he loves his teacher. Parents are very involved in school functions.

I have two children that currently attend Devonshire. They refuse the possibility of going to another school. The teachers are wonderful examples of how teachers should be. They have a charism and enthusiasm that teachers' of my generation lacked. There is a progressive academic structure that challenges the children and keeps learning new and exciting. The parents are also very involved. Theres no better school for my children.

Last modified Devonshire Alternative Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.