Posted March 19, 2014
This has been my daughter's first year in this school. To be honest, I was a little nervous to send her here, because a few people told me they didn't like the school. My experience with the school has been wonderful! My daughter loves it! She has gotten to take part in many unique opportunities and field trips. It's true that the principal knows each child by name, and is well acquainted with each one. The teachers genuinely care about each child, and it they generally keep parents well informed. The PTA is top-notch, too! Very welcoming. The school is hands-on, has a good appreciation of the arts, teaches chess to the students, and has a wonderful gifted program. The student population is very diverse, which I love! My only complaint is that sometimes the active kids will lose recess, if they are acting up. In my opinion, children should not lose recess, as that tends to make them act out more! But I think that is pretty common in all schools. I love Devonshire, I would highly recommend it.

Posted July 25, 2013
My son has attended Devonshire since kindergarten . I have came to a true liking of all the teachers that I have came across here. This is his last year in elementary and yes he will be attending Devonshire. I have been asked by others what did I think and I highly recommend this school and its staff to others. They have truly took the time out to get to know my child things about my child. Including the principal. I really like her she take the time out to speak with the parents. The teachers are also very involved in how there students learn and what will help them to learn and stay in track. I will miss them after this year.

Posted December 18, 2012
Both of my daughter's have attended Devonshire. My oldest attended K-5 and my youngest is currently attending. The teachers and staff have always exceeded my expectations. I've read other reviews that the curriculum is not challenging enough, but to be honest, communication with the teachers can change this. My daughters teachers have gone above and beyond to accelerate subjects to meet the needs of my children and have been excellent communicators. The principal is very involved and knows each child by name (which is not something I've ever seen before). The climbing units and overnight camping is wonderful. Definitely an A+. I would recommend this school to everyone!

Devonshire Alternative Elementary School 4

Posted February 02, 2010
My son has now been at Devonshire for 2 years. For the most part we have absolutely loved it. My only complaint is that the curriculum is not challenging enough, but that has more to do with Columbus Public district policies than the school itself. The staff is wonderful, the social education is excellent, and the kids are truly happy to be there. The climbing unit and camping trip each year are some of the high lights for the kids. My son has had the best teachers and have been great at working with and challenging him. The principal is also very involved and the kids adore her. It has also been a great place to volunteer.

Posted January 20, 2010
I am a parent . I attended Devonshire as well when I was a child in the eighties . I loved the school. My son is in PK and I see nothing have changed with the parent involvement and the caring teachers. This is really a great school.Definitly would recomend this school to another parent.

Posted October 01, 2007
Teachers seem to be very involved with the children and genuinely care. My son likes going to school, he loves his teacher. Parents are very involved in school functions.

Devonshire Alternative Elementary School 4

Posted November 26, 2006
I have two children that currently attend Devonshire. They refuse the possibility of going to another school. The teachers are wonderful examples of how teachers should be. They have a charism and enthusiasm that teachers' of my generation lacked. There is a progressive academic structure that challenges the children and keeps learning new and exciting. The parents are also very involved. Theres no better school for my children.

Posted September 09, 2005
I would recommend Devonshire to any parent in the Columbus Public School System. My son went to Devonshire for K - 4th grade and I was disappointed when we moved and had to put him in a new school. The teachers there are some of the most caring and friendly that I ever met. Devonshire is a great example for a Columbus Public School.

Posted June 29, 2004
Devonshire is a wonderful school! Their 'hands-on' approach really makes learning fun. I have 2 kids in the school and they both love it. The staff cares about the kids and even the parents are extremely involved. I'm so glad my kids had the opportunity to go to Devonshire!

Posted February 26, 2004
This school has provided a strong foundation for my granddaughter to grow on. Everyone is so involved with the children and the teachers go that extra step in helping the students. With all the activities that this school has, the students are never bored. The students learn while they are having fun. The district needs more schools with staff like those at Devonshire.

Devonshire Alternative Elementary School
6286 Ambleside Dr, Columbus, OH  43229
Last modified Devonshire Alternative Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Devonshire Alternative Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.