Duxberry Park Alternative Elementary School 4

Posted February 19, 2014
The principal is very involved with the school and the students. The teachers are great about discussing your child's academics thoroughly, with suggestions for the child to improve. The school is very inviting to get parent participation. The art curriculum is awesome. I love this school.

Posted January 31, 2010
I have been a part of the Duxberry Park family for 6 years and absolutely rave about this school. Having children with very different learning styles, the arts in this alternative school has really made learning though challenging, better for my children to retain due to the hands on learning they get in drama, dance, art, and music. These arts that interact diretly with the curriculum gives children alternatives to learning then just sitting in a classroom all day. When choosing a school based on my children's learning capabilities i knew from the time i came for a visit, this would be our home away from home. The staff all work together in planning and the result is success. At this time I have nothing bad to say of this school, I give it a 8 out of 10.

Duxberry Park Alternative Elementary School 0

Posted July 25, 2008
As a parent with 2 students at Duxberry Pk, I am not as appreciative of this school as I once was. Academically my children thrive there. We have had great to way over their head teachers. Amisdt all the learning and homework children need time to be children. I have visited this school to many times and heard to many staff members YELLING at students, Lunch time should be for student interaction they have been still & quiet for most of the day and yet they are to eat in quiet as well. They are being set up to fail in this area. Make learning exciting for most children and they will respond. Teachers that come to put in their 6-8 hours and have lost their passion for teaching are doing a disservice to our children. At the end of each school year teachers should be graded by parents

Posted January 18, 2008
As a parent with children who are artistic, and show great interest in the Arts, choosing Duxberry Park was the best choice I could of ever made for them. I enjoy that if my child may not understand as quickly in math, they may get it in drama or dance. The school gives a well balance that I think all children need to learn in elementary, and I would recommend this school to all children going to elemetary.

Posted December 10, 2007
Duxberry Park is a fantastic school. I'm in my sixth year of teaching here, and I ask for all parents to come and see what we're all about. If you are interested in having your child experience both the academics and the arts, Duxberry is the place for you!

Duxberry Park Alternative Elementary School 3

Posted April 15, 2006
My children have been enrolled at Duxberry for the past 5 years, and although I could not be more happy with the quality of teaching, my kids are not challenged. The classes have too many kids for the one on one interaction that I prefer.

Posted January 10, 2006
I am a former parent and a current teacher at Duxberry Park Arts IMPACT Elementary School. It is a wonderful place to learn and grow for students, teachers and parents. Duxberry's interdisciplinary way of teaching through arts and academics fosters creativity, cooperation and viewing the world from various perspectives. These are three qualities we seem to be loosing in education. Adults are endlessly surprised at the outgoing nature of this student body. My own daughter was extreemly shy when she entered kindergarten and truely began to come out of her shell by the end of one year at Duxberry.

Posted April 23, 2004
Duxberry Park is a great school. The kindergarten's learn to read and write and do math. Homework sheets are given every week. The kids learn alot at this school. The teachers are hard working and caring for our students.

Duxberry Park Alternative Elementary School
1779 East Maynard Ave, Columbus, OH  43219
Last modified Duxberry Park Alternative Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Duxberry Park Alternative Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top