Posted January 18, 2014
This school is not very good. All the teachers except Mrs. Fleming and Ms. Kane is just talk to you like robots. They don't actually touch your heart. They just talk like some sort of machines and then expect you to do a test. No wonder the ratings are so low in test scores. Cause no teacher can touch a students heart. Except Ms. Kane and Mrs. Fleming who actually talk like Professional Human beings who actually care. But this 8th grade. Oh and Mrs. Foster is another one too who actually cares. Sorry I forgot to mention her. But this is why students try to make teachers angry.

Arts Impact Middle School (Aims) 5

Posted May 30, 2012
My daughter has attended this school since her sixth grade and she has had a wonderful experience for both years. There has always been open communication between the teachers, myself, and my daughter. She is challenged academically through an amazing Gifted and Talented program. My child feels comfortable and confident at this school and will definitely return for her eighth grade year.

Posted October 09, 2011
I used to go here, the bullying and racism between students was so bad, I transferred in the middle of 6th grade year.

Posted August 20, 2011
I was searching for a decent middle school for my daughter because her education is very import to me. After reading the reviews about the "lack of diversity" and the"attitude of the principal" and about the conflict between the teachers and the students...I think I'll pass. I'm a substitute teacher and I work as an Adaptive Behavior Strategist, so I'm aware of the different "attitudes" and "challenges" in the education system. It's unfortunate that "good school" are few and far between.

Posted June 23, 2011
The 7th grade teachers do the same thing, except in front of the class and act as if they need to know what's coming out of your mouth. They are also hypocrites, I remember two of them saying "Put your phone or away or I'm taking it" now, I know we aren't suppose to have are phones out, but you aren't a good influence by pulling your's out every 5 minutes. Kids are influenced by their elders/teachers in their lives. My 7th grade math teacher, made me highly upset, I would always find myself angry. He won't help a child if someone is up blowing their nose. I mean are you serious right, so I have to wait for them to get finish blowing their nose in order for you to help me. I didn't learn a thing from him and every subject he taught, I learned twice as better online from different math sites. He yelled at us for most of the year which is apart of the reason why we never learned anything. The 8th graders I've heard are the best teachers, there at AIMS. The only thing you have to do is stay on their good side. They're strict but nice, and I've seen how the teach and they actually help kids out instead of saying "I said it to the whole class, I'm not going over it again." to them.

Posted May 12, 2011
I am a parent of a 7th grade student who has been attending AIMS since her 6th grade year. She has had nothing but problems since being at this school and has went from an Honor Roll student since kindergarten to barely getting a 2.0 gpa. This is sad, because the teachers that she has had this year in particular can't follow instructions. I've asked that they e-mail me to keep me posted on my child's behavior and status, but I have yet to receive an e-mail from them. They are constantly trying to call me and leaving messages with something minor that should be handled at the school level. They are constantly putting the children out for minor reasons at the time in their lives when they should be encouraging the student to stay in school and leading the student to discouragement. I really would like to put my child in another school, but from this list there doesn't appear to be any middle school worth sending my child to get her a decent education. I wish I could open my own school and hire the teachers that I know really care about the students.

Arts Impact Middle School (Aims) 4

Posted January 14, 2011
I am an 8th grader here at the Arts Impact Middle School. Overall the school has a very good education and the art classes are fun and you learn a lot. The downfall about AIMS is there is NO!!! diversity. A lot of the kids here are ignorant, gheto, and RUDE!!! But the teachers are wonderful. They care a lot about your education and future. Also the principal leadership is very poor. Everytime you talk to Dr.Edwards she has an attitude and acts like she doesn't care. I would rate the principal leadership 2 out of 5 stars. I would rate the teacher leadership has 5 out of 5 stars. Lastly, the overall rating for the school is 4 out of 5 stars

Arts Impact Middle School (Aims) 3

Posted December 15, 2010
I have 2 grandchildren that attend AMS, for the first time, they are in the 7/8 grades they were bullied a lot, but thanks to Mr. Level (the asst principal) this was quickly brought under control. If you have a problem with your child don't call Dr . Edwards because she nevers returns calls, I don't think she realizes this is part of the job description that goes with the job that she she applied for. I know this from first hand experience. So far at least the majority of the teachers seem to be ok for my grandchildren. You always have that percentage that just don't care. Maybe those few that don't care are a reflection of Dr. Edwards atitude when she does'nt see the need to call parents back.

Posted October 11, 2010
I am in my 8th grade year at AIMS. I think that my school needs SOME type of diversity, as it is mainly all African-American students. The teachers get better with each grade level- 6th graders get pretty horrible teachers, 8th graders have some amazing teachers(: Our lunch periods are WAY too short, as we have a 10-20 minute work period where we aren't allowed to talk, write notes, etc. AT ALL. It's all silent work. The dress code is inconsiderate and costly, as it changes each year. Honestly, we don't incorporate arts into our classes as we say we do, but the instrumental arts classes are pretty good. Some kids don't actually receive an arts class, depending on how many other high school credits they take- gym + language = no arts. The students are mostly rude and ignorant, but you can't really change them!

Arts Impact Middle School (Aims) 3

Posted May 20, 2010
I currently go to AIMS. To tell you the truth, I think it isn't very good. Many people say that the principle is very good. I have to definitely disagree! She chooses a group of students to always single out and get in trouble. Many of my friends and peers agree with me. In addition, everyone hate the dress code. Almost everyone attempts to break it. I think it is stupid because we are an ARTS school. All activity that is somewhat arts related is almost always reprimanded. Also, the lunch that we get is very, very short. The administrative team usually tells us to not talk during the whole thing and to work, and then leaves student only 5-10 minutes to purchase their lunch and eat it. Overall, I very much dislike I school and I wish they would change some things.

Arts Impact Middle School (Aims)
680 Jack Gibbs Blvd, Columbus, OH  43215
Last modified Arts Impact Middle School (Aims) is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arts Impact Middle School (Aims) Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews.